• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Grab With Z

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
I was messing around with Kirby and accidentally did a FSmash with a little bit more range by pressing in one direction and waiting a little before pressing the A. I don't know if that's been discovered or whatever, but I kept on experimenting.

You could tap in one direction and C Stick in the other. What happens is that the character does the smash with a little boost in the opposite direction. It can be good for anticipated dash attacks, ect.

I kept doing it (with Picachu), since his Fsmash has more range (and to be honest, it looks pretty promising for him), and got reverse Grab (I think it's the pivot Grab if I'm not mistaken) when I accidentally pressed the Z button while performing it.

It's easier than having to turn it the other direction and it can be done (basically) automatically. (the reverse pivot grab I mean).

If' It's already been discovered, My bad. I checked in the AT discovery list and I didn't find it so I don't think it's been discovered. The Characters that do it best are MK and Picachu (but it can be done with every one).

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
stutter stepping, it's been around since ssb64.
the pivot grab thing (if i'm reading this right) is something that yoshi players do allot. for some odd reason i've always had trouble doing that dash-dance pivot grab thing... there's an "easier" way to pivot grab like that but i don't remember how it's done.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You could tap in one direction and C Stick in the other. What happens is that the character does the smash with a little boost in the opposite direction. It can be good for anticipated dash attacks, ect.
This is something I do with Captain Falcon's Fsmash all the time, it's pretty noticable.

I also do a B-reverse Raptor Boost (his Side B) because it increases the distance he gets for some reason.

I don't really do it with Kirby, because I've never felt any need to, and I didn't see a big difference.

While we're talking about already discovered stuff, I might as well say something semi-useful. Did you know you can use Dash Attack earlier after initiating a dash if you press C-stick down, instead of hitting A? Try it out...Dash, and then hit A immediately afterwards, you should do a fsmash. Dash, then hit down on the C-stick immediately afterwards, and you'll do a dash attack.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
So the reverse pivot grab thing being able to be done with the Z and Cstick was already discovered?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
This is also used to desync ice climbers. If you do a stutter step fsmash, nana will dash attack and popo will charge a fsmash, easy desync with some protection.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Yeah already known.. Haha its so much fun when you grab peach pivotting when she is in peach bomber or when fox is doing his illusion attack FTW :D

Top Bottom