• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/31 - Gainesville Smash #2: Free Tournament - Melee/Brawl

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
I, Moses, present the second installment of Gainesville Smash:

Gainesville Smash #2:
Come Hug Dennis (No Homo):

no homo but
rockcrock is pretty cute

(Free Tournament: Melee & Brawl Singles and Doubles)

Date: 1/31/09
I hope no one was planning on going to January Brawl Gigs :D.

Time: 12:00pm – When we're done (Hopefully early)
Registration begins at 12, followed by Brawl (doubles then singles) at 1ish, break (maybe?), and finally Melee (doubles and singles). So get here at 12ish.

Location: Gainesville, Florida, on the University of Florida campus, Basement of Weaver Hall dorm
Directions: Here is campus map:
http://campusmap.ufl.edu/
Search for "Weaver".

Call me if you have any questions, and to get into the building when you get here. Ask for Matt (or Moses): 850-819-6525.

Setups:
Bring them.

Also, please label anything you bring as yours to help avoid confusion.

TVs:
1. Moses

Brawl Setups:
1. Waza (Wii + Brawl)

Melee Setups:
1. Moses (Cube + Melee)
2. Waza (Wii + Melee)

Rules:
Standard rule sets for everything and double elimination.

PLEASE POST IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING.
Also, GO TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS TO COME.

Attendance List:
1. Moses
2. Saiya
3. Waza

Thanks everyone. Hope to see you soon.

Full Results (turnout wasn't great)

Brawl Doubles
1: Done Son (Saiya + Waza)
2: For Great Justice (Zergum + Ponce)
3: Brawl Sux (RockCrock + harriettheguy)
4: Butt Scratcher! (Moses + Jamal)
5: Brawl Newbs (Fishcake56 + Wintre)
5: Git Rich (Mutton Basher + Friend)

Brawl Singles
Note: Saiya didn't enter due to a mix-up on my part. I apologize Alex for taking your glory.
1: For Great Justice (Zergum)
2: Anal Demolition (harriettheguy)
3: Waza
4: Ponce
5: Chris (Ganny)
5: Willie (Wintre)
7: Moses
7: Ben
9: Jasonson
Note: RockCrock didn't play.

Melee Doubles
1: RockCrock and Co. (RockCrock + lvl 9 Game and Watch)
2: Git Wizardry (harriettheguy + Pimpcane)
3: Oscar + CozaMonkey (SubScorpion + CozaMonkey)
4: Butt Scratcher! (Moses + Jamal)
5: Brawlers...go easy?? =) (Fishcake56 + Wintre)
5: Pimp Cane (Zergum + Ponce)
7: East One Alumni Association (Ben [My Peer Mentor - w00t] + Jason)
7: Done Son (Waza + Saiya)

Melee Singles
1: RockCrock
2: Anal Demolition (harriettheguy)
3: Oscar (Subscorpion)
4: Pimpcane
5: Ponce
5: Saiya
7: Moses
7: Waza
9: Jamal
9: For Great Justice (Zergum)

Thanks everyone for showing up! I had an excellent time despite the turnout. Next time I won't schedule this during Brawl Gigs when it has 90+ attendees.

Masky

Smash Master
Move it to another date otherwise no one can come... anything's better than 1/31

everyone who plays brawl in gainesville is planning on going to Gigabits

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
I agree with Masky, I'm sure more would come to this if you change the date since Gigabits has the same date as this. The 24th would probably be a good date since theres nothing going on then and the 7th of Feb too.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Here's the thing:

I cant have it January 24th because it's too late to reserve the room for that (also I'll be out of town). I can't have it on February 7th because I'll be at PHB in Tallahassee. I can't have it on the 14th because that's Valentine's Day. So that leaves either the 21st or the 28th of February (the two Saturdays following these UF will be on Spring break). Both of these dates have tournaments (WATO 5 and Florida Gaming).

What is everyone's suggestion?

Masky

Smash Master
hypothetically if you want to do it Friday before a Melee event then you could hold Melee first then if you want to sleep for the tournament or something I could hold/finish the Brawl stuff for you... also assuming you change the date I can bring a Wii+Brawl, not sure about the TV because it was my roommate's and I kinda stole it

Masky

Smash Master
Yeah I think everyone would come

PS: I beat Zergum's MK with WARIO who i never ever used before

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Smash Tourney!?

Blah. I'll be outta town next weekend.

If it falls on February 28th, I'm there. Feb. 21st is the day before my sister's birthday, so I'm pretty sure we'll be going home for that...

I hope I can make this. :ness:

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Update: I am keeping this as the 31st (same day as Gigs). I figure not too many people are going to Gigs anyway (sorry Max and Lio), and the following weekend is PHB in Tally that I (and others) plan on attending. Just because I'm keeping this as the 31st does not mean we can't another one soon after, hopefully late February.

Anyway, now you guys can start hyping this **** up.

Masky

Smash Master
Update: I am keeping this as the 31st (same day as Gigs). I figure not too many people are going to Gigs anyway (sorry Max and Lio), and the following weekend is PHB in Tally that I (and others) plan on attending. Just because I'm keeping this as the 31st does not mean we can't another one soon after, hopefully late February.

Anyway, now you guys can start hyping this **** up.
The vast majority of Brawl players in Gainesville are going to Gigabits (I heard like 3 cars or something) but I understand your decision... can't make everyone happy. :( I hope we can make it to the next one.

Masky

Smash Master
what are you guys talking about, Dennis is coming to Gigabits and is going to own everyone with his Sonic/Dedede

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
come to tallahassee and we'll do a practice tourney/ real tourney whenever brawl or melee

we do crews tooo

We got a Feb 7th tourney but we could move it to next weekend maybay
Quite a few of us from Gainesville plan on attending the tourney in Tally on Feb. 7th.

So we get to hug Rock if we come or something?
Yes.

gigs is this day, change it.
Sorry. You can come up for the next Gainesville shindig soon. Thanks for your interest.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Moses always means business.

Too bad I won't be at this tournament, though...
I need to play against my fellow Gainesville Smashers more often...

Waza

Smash Apprentice
I'm going too. I can bring a wii, brawl, melee and a memory card if we end up not having enough.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
come to tallahassee and we'll do a practice tourney/ real tourney whenever brawl or melee

we do crews tooo

We got a Feb 7th tourney but we could move it to next weekend maybay

you comin to my birthday party crispyyyy
I don't think Becky and I will be able to make it anymore. Some problems have arisen. I'm really sorry man. I was looking forward to finally going up there as well as it being your birthday.

I might make it to this smashfest.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
I'm not good enough to play in tourneys so maybe i'll come to this one just to keep you from being lonely lol

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
I'm not good enough to play in tourneys so maybe i'll come to this one just to keep you from being lonely lol
Come anyway man. I'm not very good either, but it's free so it doesn't matter if you lose. You still get to play against other people, which is always cool.

BTW, Brian is correct. I always mean business.

Chea.

Also:

I'M HOUSING FOR THIS!!!

ya
What?

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I can house. Lots of floor space, windows, and a big firm gray couch and chair you guys can play for. Bring sleepy stuff.

I also bought a new basil and rosemary plant to give the bamboo some company. they smell ambrosially miasmic.

Top Bottom