• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Specifics when it comes to Marth's Footstool Spike...

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
Hello people... I was searching around on Youtube and couldn't really find a detailed explanation on why Marth's footstool varies in difficulty in pulling off against certain characters....

I don't go on here much, but I thought you guys could use this...

I'm sorry if someone has already posted something like this... The search feature for me keeps saying "HTTP error" or something...

Well, here's my little compilation of experiments that I was doing for another forum's Brawl ATs...

Videos:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: A Complete Guide to Footstool Spiking with Marth (Normal HQ Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=magcZxxaO7I

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: A Complete Guide to Footstool Spiking with Marth (HD Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjKG4amJJ6E

Here's the list of characters in their respective categories of "suceptibility":

Normal, No DI Required Characters:
Mario
Kirby
Mr. Game and Watch
Luigi
Squirtle
Yoshi
Both Ice Climbers
Wolf
Lucario
Ness
Toon Link
Lucas
Metaknight

*Note: On DI Required Characters, DI TOWARDS the direction they're facing!!!

DI both Directions:
Fox
Snake
Jigglypuff
King Dedede

Normal Same Direction, DI Opposite Direction:
Link
Pit
Falco
Bowser

Normal Opposite Direction, Slight Delay Same Direction:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Charizard

Slight Delay Both Directions:
ROB
Olimar

"Immune":
DK
Pikachu
Marth
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Shiek
Ivysaur
Ike
Peach
Ganondorf
Sonic
Wario
Captain Falcon

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
What BBoyindo said, it instantly tips the Dair, making it spike

This is a nice video, i didnt know this :chuckle:
I took me a while to find out the character specifics... I was kinda confused by about separating them into categories... and going back and forth to see what works was kinda... tedious...

But I'm glad I can help a few people with this!!!

Hype

Smash Lord
This is kind of off topic, but...

Tipper Fsmashing people who are on the lower BF platforms (when your below them) is also character specific. I find it's harder/impossible to hit heavier characters.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
This is kind of off topic, but...

Tipper Fsmashing people who are on the lower BF platforms (when your below them) is also character specific. I find it's harder/impossible to hit heavier characters.
Yeah. Like for example Ike, i don't seem to hit him ever, some others get tipped all the time.

EDIT: You know what i'll do that.

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
thank god some1 finally made this, i can never meteor strike with marth unless by accident and im not that lucy lol

SNRLX

Smash Rookie
The stickies are supposed to be looked at. It is listed in ZMT's List of Marth Guides
If you haven't, I suggest acquainting yourself with all the guides in the "List of Marth Guides" thread, at least.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I don't know how, but I've managed to do this on Ganondorf with the initial footstool jump. Perhaps he (and maybe even some of the other characters) might not be "immune" after all?

Top Bottom