• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Olimar Advanced Techinque

Status
Not open for further replies.

DZLE

Smash Master
Hey guys. I am a pretty new Olimar player, but I have discovered a new Advanced Olimar Techinque.

It can only be done on Yoshi's Island.

It's called Shy-guy Cancelling, I am pretty sure its a semi-infinite (meta knight counter?)

I am in the process of making a vid, I will let you guys know.

EDIT: Can also be used for mindgames.

DZLE

Smash Master
Uhmmm its kinda hard to put into words, but it has to do with the shy-guys, and you have to cancel them.

Like I said before, it may be semi-infinitable, and I will try to get a vid up soon.
It is really hard for me to explain SGC (Shy-Guy Cancelling) but it can only be done with 4-6 pikmin, and the one you use to cancel the shy-guy has to be red or yellow.

Can be greatly used for mindgames, possible inclusion to the metagame.

DZLE

Smash Master
What do you mean by canceling shy guys? O_o
My room mate has my camera right now so I cant show you what I mean...

But you know like when you cancel something it goes away... So you make the shy-guy go away, but its different than that. It has to be red or yellow because they have lingering effects like the shock or flame, then the shy-guy cancels.

SGC-ing has proved to be useful to me so far, so get off my nuts i will have my camera soon.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I will assume you are using the 'extended hitboxes' of hitting something.

eg; you can extend the amount of time for Falcon's Fair Sweetspot knee by hitting a shy guy, the balloon in smashville, etc.

Amirite? If so, this is probably known. You also have to expect an opponent to jump into the shy-guy as you're hitting it.

Unless this is completely different the the SS Knee frame extension stuff..

DZLE

Smash Master
I will assume you are using the 'extended hitboxes' of hitting something.

eg; you can extend the amount of time for Falcon's Fair Sweetspot knee by hitting a shy guy, the balloon in smashville, etc.

Amirite? If so, this is probably known. You also have to expect an opponent to jump into the shy-guy as you're hitting it.

Unless this is completely different the the SS Knee frame extension stuff..
Yeah I think your getting the wrong idea, but I will explain more later.

peeup

Smash Lord
I don't want to sound rude, but... there must be some way that you can explain how you do it until you get a vid up (how long will it take?)

IllidR

Smash Champion
I don't want to sound rude, but... there must be some way that you can explain how you do it until you get a vid up (how long will it take?)
No you're not sounding rude. I read what's been posted in this thread so far and am fairly confused/annoyed at the lack of explanation. He doesn't really say what move you use or what its a "semi-infinite" of. If this wasn't smashboards I'd be calling him a bad troll already.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
lmao i'll save my comments until video. other than that, i LOVE the explanations for not telling us how to do it.

ufo90

Smash Rookie
Kinda silly question, but could DZLE just record it as a replay and send it to someone via Nintendo wifi? Then that person could explain or record the "shy-guy canceling".

DZLE

Smash Master
Ok I cant believe you guys would just sit here and make fun of me for trying to find new techniques...

But seriously, heres the thing.
I was partying last night and I got wayyyy drunk and things were happening on smash that probably werent happening. So I came on and made this post at like 3 o clock in the morning or whenever, and fell asleep shortly after I wrote havok back a couple times.

I have NO clue what i mean by semi-infinite, or cancelling a shy-guy, and i laughed my *** off when i read my posts.

Sorry for telling you to get off my nuts, havok. D:
you guys can close this thread or whatever now.

I apologise again, I was so smashed... you know what they say, dont smash while smashed.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
Ok I cant believe you guys would just sit here and make fun of me for trying to find new techniques...

I was partying last night and I got wayyyy drunk and things were happening on smash that probably werent happening. So I came on and made this post at like 3 o clock in the morning or whenever, and fell asleep shortly after I wrote havok back a couple times.

I have NO clue what i mean by semi-infinite, or cancelling a shy-guy, and i laughed my *** off when i read my posts.

I apologise again, I was so smashed... you know what they say, dont smash while smashed.
Idiot...

I sorta expected something like this would happen.

DZLE

Smash Master
You predicted that I would get drunk and "find" a new AT?!

O.o

What age am I going to die at?

fZk

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know what you mean. I canceled a few too many Shy Guys last night too and my night or morning weren't as nice as yours.

I could have sworn she had theeth the night before.

SuSa

Banned via Administration

Havokk*

Havokk*

No one gets it right :/

DZLE

Smash Master
I played Overswarm on yoshi's at the mwcc and I saw he was about to b button spam me, so I shy guy cancelled his *** and took a stock.

~Fino
That is what SGC is all about man! Good work!

@Havokk**********
Sorry D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom