• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lactose Overdose Befalls Stupid Teen Eager to Rest - LOBSTER4 - February 21st - Maine

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
THE BLADE BREAKERS PRESENT...
Lactose Overdose Befalls Stupid Teen Eager to Rest

aka
LOBSTER4

Date:
February 21st

148 Main Street
Biddeford, Maine

It's right next to a Thai restaurant for reference.

Events (Entry fee):
Brawl Singles ($10)
Melee Singles ($10)
Brawl Doubles ($10 per team)
Venue Fee: $3
Prize split: 60/30/10

Schedule:
Around 11 we will start sign ups for Brawl Doubles
At noon, Brawl Doubles will begin
Near end of Brawl Doubles, sign ups will begin for Melee Singles
At end of Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles will begin
Near end of Melee Singles, sign ups will begin for Brawl Singles
At end of Melee Singles, Brawl Singles will begin

I can't guarantee anything (aside from sign-ups ending at noon), so please bring setups!

Rules
Brawl
• 3 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is STAGE STRIKE SYSTEM NEW!
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• Players are allowed to ban a stage from the set. Treat that stage as if it were a banned stage, it cannot be played in the entire set. You may ban a neutral.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise.
• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned (The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.)

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
(7th stage pending, still thinking)

Counters
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are banned.

Melee
• 4 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, STAGE STRIKE SYSTEM NEW!
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• Players are allowed to ban a stage from the set. Treat that stage as if it were a banned stage, it cannot be played in the entire set. You may ban a neutral.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise
• You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound, Wobbling forever), are banned. Wobbling by itself is allowed, capped at 250%.

Starters
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Rainbow Cruise
Fountain of Dreams (SINGLES ONLY)
Kongo Jungle 64 (TEAMS ONLY)

Counters
Mute City (SINGLES ONLY)
Kongo Jungle 64 (SINGLES ONLY)
Brinstar
Pokefloats
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Corneria
Mushroom Kingdom 2 (TEAMS ONLY)
Termina (TEAMS ONLY)

All other stages are banned.

General Rules:
• THE NEW STAGE STRIKE THINGY:
wwwwwGame 1's stage is determined by striking the neutrals until 1 remain. Stages are struck in a 121212 order, wwwwwwhere player "1" and player "2" are determined by the winner of a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. If wwwwwanyone wants a demonstration on how it works, I'll be glad to show an easy way to do it. You can just go wwwwwinto the random select menu and set neutrals to "OFF," thus signifying they're struck.
• The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
wwwww2 Minutes Late – Warning
wwwww4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
wwwww6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
• Keep profanity and fights out of the store, we're not the only people there so at the very least please respect the venue for hosting us.

=================================================
OTHER NOTEWORTHY NOTES
=================================================​
- SET-UPS PLS
Wiis with both games are much appreciated! Memory cards aren't required since I can use one memory card per Melee set-up, but please have complete Brawl data! TVs are super rad as well!

- There's a slight chance of Melee 2v2, depending on time (last time we may have had enough time for M2v2 but not enough time to where I can promise it at another tournament)

- Recording for both Brawl and Melee: There will be a Brawl station running with infinite replays, and a Melee station with a capture device hooked up to it. Anything recorded will be uploaded on my youtube account. Please use tags on the Melee recording station, and please write down matchup details for the Brawl recording station. I'll have a sheet of paper at the Melee station for extra details (winners bracket, losers bracket, finals, friendlies, etc)

Featherbled

Smash Cadet
Limey Offensive Breeze Stirs Thoughtless Ejaculatory Reaction

i.e.
Jizzed In My Pants. You know the one.

I can't come up with anything Smash related xP

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't make it to the last one because of snow and other matters. I really wanna make it to this one :o

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
LOBSTER4

Since Lobsters are from the Homaridae family of crustaceans this is the subtitle to the tournament. Homaridae (Homo's organize Maine's anus, ride ill dinosaurs at events.)

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Latest Objective: Brawl Smash Tournament. Excessive Red.

I want to enter this.
Soooo much.

I hope it's not vacation week, I plan to visit my brother at his college in New York that week.

Armus

Smash Cadet
I'm entering the Brawl tournies, but the only friendlies I want to play are Melee.

****** a ten year old at Melee continually isn't entertaining after a few days.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I hear you.

All the people around here play like ten year olds. It's all in good fun, but I have to play with my worst character to make the matches even.

My worst is Marth, btw. XD It's weird, but I can't seem to get a hold of him... I can play everyone else with a moderate amount of skill, but not him.

Top Bottom