• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The return of Cape (and Naka) fest! (Feb 21 and 22)

The Cape

Smash Master
February 21-22 starting at noon.

Smashfest at our place.

We need Wiis/Cubes and copies of the games.

We have room for about 20 people.

Address is:
707 N Hanover Street
Apt D304
Carlisle, PA 17013

Contact number is myself at: 717-385-3417

Playing all three smashes. Please bring Melee and Brawl copies (if you want to play this game).

We have two cats so be aware of allergies.

Peoples:
Naka
Cape
DeathKnight
Eljin
Renth
Kaotical
Phauxe

This is the list that SHOULD be coming so far.

If you need to bus, take it to Harrisburg. We can pick you up there. Please coordinate times here if you can.

Note: A word of warning. It has been said that if you come to a Cape fest and do not enjoy yourself, you are mentally ill. You have been warned.

Important update:
I will be leaving for Army training on March 8th now instead of in July. This will be my last smash event for 6 months. So if you want to play me anytime soon. You should come now :)

Vyke

Smash Champion
You'll be saying Wow every time! This lasts 10 years, this lasts a week! Idunno it sells itself.

Renth

Smash Hero
due to weather, i still haven't been able to get my license. I (think) i'm going back to Fl sometime shortly after march i'd gladly hang out smash and bull **** with you guys again if i can find a way there. There's also been a lot going on but that kind of stuff doesn't need to be said here.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Zach is too cool'a person to miss this. If I weren't 3000 miles away I'd do it up fo sho. That one time I came to your house was still one of the most fun time I've had smashing. Good luck...

Eljin

Smash Ace
ZOMFG IM SO THERE!!! if u exceed the max. ppl limit and im late could u make an exception for an old chum?

oh and do sumthin to make Kaotical rise frm the ashes... miss him much.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
GNT4
EX2
Melee
Smash 64
Brawl
Brawl+
Third Strike (PS2)
Arcana Heart
Street Fighter 4 (PS3)

We will play all of these between us. Bring controllers!

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I'll be there so long as my studies permit -- I won't know until a little closer to the date.

If I can make it, I'll bring a modded Wii, Melee, Brawl+, two good controllers, and some mindgamez.

The Cape

Smash Master
I'll be there so long as my studies permit -- I won't know until a little closer to the date.

If I can make it, I'll bring a modded Wii, Melee, Brawl+, two good controllers, and some mindgamez.
Considering how far you have to drive to get here, we can put you up an extra day if need be.

Gonna bring some buddies with you?

Nakamaru

Smash Master
My friend and I can bring maybe two Wiis with Melee and Brawl. Do you have enough TVs?
If you guys want to bring a TV that is fine. We were going to raid Cape's parents house for some TVs for the fest. We should have 6. Including a big screen for teams. As of right now it can play everything except Melee without lag V.V

Trying to get that part fixed.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Hmm, I may come to this. If so I can bring a TV and a modded wii. Ill be asking G and MasterRaichu if they can come also. I know you've played with G(ary) before...

When are you going to post the b+ code list?

The Cape

Smash Master
I usually run with whatever set you have current, but I can update all of them on my laptop at the fest if need be.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'll talk to a friend about it tonight. Could be a lot of fun.

Edit: I assume Brawl + is fine right?

Also, I'd be able to bring a Wii, but I have 3 wavebirds and they are a tad worn. I don't mind wireless controllers, but some do...

Edit 2: As stupid as it sounds, am I gonna be 'that old guy' and feel wildly out of place? I'm a junior in college, and I don't want to seem like a creeper :)

The Cape

Smash Master
I am almost 23 (college grad baby!). Get over yourself (and if Kaotical comes he is 27).

Brawl+ is my prefered game of choice, bring all you can. I dont care about wireless controllers as I dont really know anyone that uses them.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Hmm, I may come to this. If so I can bring a TV and a modded wii. Ill be asking G and MasterRaichu if they can come also. I know you've played with G(ary) before...

When are you going to post the b+ code list?
It would be amazing if you came to this. I'd love to play smash with you.

The Cape

Smash Master
Naka, please dont forget to pick up the mail for us while we are in San Antonio.

See you in a week to continue planning this shindig!

shanus

Smash Hero
I want to come to this, but don't know if I can qq. That and its far from providence. I vote for you all moving to the northeast instead.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'll talk to a friend about it tonight. Could be a lot of fun.

Edit: I assume Brawl + is fine right?

Also, I'd be able to bring a Wii, but I have 3 wavebirds and they are a tad worn. I don't mind wireless controllers, but some do...

Edit 2: As stupid as it sounds, am I gonna be 'that old guy' and feel wildly out of place? I'm a junior in college, and I don't want to seem like a creeper :)
High 5 I am 21 junior in college
I usually run with whatever set you have current, but I can update all of them on my laptop at the fest if need be.
Ah cool. Any feedback about my codeset would be excellent. I don't really have too many good players up here in college to really test things out at a deep level
It would be amazing if you came to this. I'd love to play smash with you.
Sweet! I guess I have to come since just about everyone from the group will be coming. Would be nice to meet you all!

^_^

shanus

Smash Hero
Oh wait, you play Olimar. In that case you can STAY in RI.

So there :chuckle:
such hatorade :-O

I don't really play him in B+, he isn't special anymore! I'll falcon ditto all day long tyvm. Or if you want me to be annoying I'll play MK or fox!

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I don't have my own car this semester, my parents needed to borrow mine as they searched for a new one after my little brother wrecked it. What that means is I'm having trouble convincing someone to drive 6-7 hours just to play a few hours of Brawl+.

I'll keep trying but we'll have to see...

That being said, I see it's a two day thing, will we have a place to stay or do I need to find a hotel?

The Cape

Smash Master
We offer up our apartment for sleep. I would suggest either bringing big muscules to commandeer the couch, or some comfy blankets to sleep on the floor.

Vyke

Smash Champion
GNT4
EX2
Melee
Smash 64
Brawl
Brawl+
Third Strike (PS2)
Arcana Heart
Street Fighter 4 (PS3)

We will play all of these between us. Bring controllers!
So, does that mean we won't get to play any Ninja Storm? Some guy at Duquesne was playing it when we went up Friday, and I've been eager to play people... that... don't suck at it.

Like I said, some butler people will probably come if Jeff can drive us.

Revven

FrankerZ

I should totally go with you since you'd be going right past me to get to PA. We need to meet up soon so my parents can meet you before then and then they'd feel less insecure.

So, yah, come over my house anytime before this tourney (preferably, within the next two weeks).

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
According to Google Maps, you are exactly 100.0 miles away. Not bad really. 1 hour 46 minutes. I asked my friend and he said he might be able to go, he just has to check something and he'll tell me later. If he comes, we can bring two hacked wii's, 2 cubes, two tvs, and 2 melee and brawl discs. If he can't come, cut all that in half. If I am lucky, I can get up to 3 more people to come, but I HIGHLY doubt it. If the one guy comes we can bring 3 hacked wiis. Pretty much I'm the only guarenteed guy to come. You can at least mark me down.

The Cape

Smash Master
Super Highlander Match

20 Dollars per set.

You have to write down all 39 characters in the order you want to play, as does your opponent. You must play them in that order.
You win a match, you do 10 pushups

It ends when
- Someone reaches 20 wins
- Someone fails to complete their pushups
- Someone gives up

Who wants to play?

Top Bottom