• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Love's Last Stand! Feb. 21st, Athens OH

Framerate

Smash Lord
Love's Last Stand

The Trailer

Date: February 21st, 2009.

Location: Ohio University, Athens OH. Morton 127. Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....097032&spn=0.008383,0.019312&z=16&iwloc=addr

Hotels in the area: http://hotel-guides.us/colleges/ohio/ohio-university.html

Doors open at 10, Doubles starts at 11, Singles at around 2-3, Crew Battle at 7!

Events:

Brawl Doubles - $20 per team, $10 pre-reg

Brawl Singles - $10, $5 pre-reg

Crew Tournament - Free?

Pre-register at http://www.originalupholdersofthegamingarts.com/form_tourne.asp

Who's all coming??? Check out the Pre-Reg List!

Prizes are 60-30-10

Rules (Stolen directly from NoJoeS):

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

* The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. Any legal infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party.

* Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited.

Additional Rules for Double's

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Stages:

Neutral:

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Lylat Cruise
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:

-Brinstar
-Castle Siege
-Corneria
-Delfino Plaza
-Distant Planet
-Frigate Orpheon
-Halberd
-Jungle Japes
-Luigi's Mansion (pipes)
-Norfair
-Pictochat
-Pirate Ship
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Rainbow Cruise
-Yoshi's Pipes (pipes)

OUGA Website Events Page: http://www.originalupholdersofthegamingarts.com/events.html

Feel free to post your Valentines Themed Brawl Screenshots in this thread!

COME TO THE ALL FALCON TOURNEY FRIDAY NIGHT!

Setup Count:

Wii: 15
Brawl: 14
TV: 11

These rules might change!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Weird name for the tournament... I'm likin the stage list though. The only thing I'm confused about is the 5$ pre-reg and the 10$ thing. Is it less money if I pre-reg or do I have to pay that as like a venue fee?

In any case I hope I can get out of my slump I've been having recently. If Beegs drives me down there I'm totally there.

Framerate

Smash Lord
It is, in fact, cheaper if you pre-register at the website.

Since the venue is "free" for us, we aren't charging a venue fee. We still, however, wanted to give a chance for people to reduce the cost of the tourney. If you pre-reg and submit your controls, we can have your names in all the systems before the tourney even starts!

Also, feel free to bring setups, although we have 4 lag-less projectors and wiis for all of them.

Framerate

Smash Lord
all i got to say is distant planet is no CP stage
God I couldn't agree more. But there are members of the club that insist that any stage in question should be on the list. In fact, there are some that wish every stage was counterpick-able. Just ban it if you think someone will pick it.

Personally I would rather Luigi's Mansion not be on either, but people verbally expressed their hatred for me after suggesting it be removed 0_o

Edit: Lol I forgot to put Mansion in the stage list.... Let's see if I can get away with it (cause I know I won't get caught if I announce it in the open)

Framerate

Smash Lord
Is the list not liberal enough?

If there is one thing that's easily changed, it's the stage list. Suggestions?

jokey665

Smash Ace
I'm actually quite surprised you approve. I thought you were usually more liberal on stage choices and enjoyed unusual counterpicks.
It's got all my favourite counterpicks: Halberd, Frigate, Cruise (Both of them), and Pipes. And it's even got one I've been wanting to try.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
God I couldn't agree more. But there are members of the club that insist that any stage in question should be on the list. In fact, there are some that wish every stage was counterpick-able. Just ban it if you think someone will pick it.

Personally I would rather Luigi's Mansion not be on either, but people verbally expressed their hatred for me after suggesting it be removed 0_o

Edit: Lol I forgot to put Mansion in the stage list.... Let's see if I can get away with it (cause I know I won't get caught if I announce it in the open)
lol well i aint goin to this i was just stating my opinion. i am hosting my own tourny in NY this day. so i cant come unless i clone myself O.o

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Pretty sure out Stage List is final....

Could be wrong though.

This is gonna rock.

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there to play in it, help run it, and plug my web series to random strangers. Mostly the web series thing.

Stop by in the name of love.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Your crew is coming then?

Good. We might have 4 crews here, it would be awesome.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
GUYS!

Morpheus is fighting Neo!

Hahahahaha

I can't wait for this! I'll try to get Kentucky to come too. This tournament was one of my favorite smash memories. I have no idea why exactly, but this place ROCKED!

Also, the projectors ARE lagless. I've played here before and there was 0 lag, perfectly acceptable to play on. There is room for other setups if you bring'em though.

It'll be good to see you guys again.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I call OS for my crew. Ya, I'm fairly certain the projectors here are very similar to the one I play on at my friend's house. I'm hoping that I learn enough at east coast regionals to at least place at this tourney. (It's been so long since I placed in a tourney...) Also, who needs a partner for doubles?

clowsui

Smash Legend
OS I may need a ride from you for this
I have a feeling that I won't be able to go because I'm hosting Kel's Farewell but we'll see

Framerate

Smash Lord
I think OS is gonna be his own crew.

He only gets 3 lives though.

He might still win.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think OS is gonna be his own crew.

He only gets 3 lives though.

He might still win.
Funny story... I actually did that. I beat an entire crew by myself with my 3 stock, taking out their 9, to win pumpkin pie. If there's pie involved, I go super saiyan. Money? Psh. Anyone can have money. But pie? Pie is forever.

How are crews gonna go? Dodgeball crews? Two captains just picking people one at a time?

Framerate

Smash Lord
Orirginally, the plan was a crew tournament, involving pre-constructed crews: OUGA, Springfield, ITT's crew, Beeg's crew.

But we're open for suggestions :D

lou4222

Smash Lord
What fun are crews if its not your real crew? I know Springfield has been pumped for awhile to play together and actually play other crews. OS, what are the chances gunpunch and louisville can come? It would be fun playing against them. If people done have the five or six that make up a crew than they could create a draft crew after the original crews do their tourney thing...... if that makes sense. Im reallllll pumped for this.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Springfield wants some gunpunch action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A TRAP!!!

I do want to preconstructed crews... but I'm not sure what to do about people who want to be in a crew tourne, but only have 2-3 people with them (Yes GUNPUNCH, you don't need to have 5 to take on our 5... whatever.).

Any thoughts?

clowsui

Smash Legend
How about we just do City Crews? Springfield still needs an @$$-whuppin' from Cincinnati in crews.

I will bring pie for this if that's what it takes.

Top Bottom