• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing the Cove Results! (Plain City, Ohio)

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Singles

1 Alpha Zealot : $144.00 - Diddy Kong
2 Quivo : $72.00 - Toon Link
3 Asdioh : $24.00 - Kirby

4 Beegs - Marth, Meta Knight
5 Capem - Meta Knight
5 Nope - Snake
7 Champ - Falco
7 Glov - Wolf
9 Pdiamond - D3, Kirby
9 Lou - G&W
9 Fonz - Lucario
9 Drunky Kick
13 StainGrey
13 T-800 - Meta Knight, ROB, G&W, Captain Falcon
13 King Yoshi
13 Keist - Meta Knight, Kirby, Ike
17 Virt - Olimar
17 Eidioh
17 McFly - Mario
17 Baro - Bowser
17 Mars
17 Matt
17 Hence - ZSamus, Shiek, Zelda
17 Schwa - Marth

Sorry, I don't recall what most people played as (since I was running the tournament/playing) Please post and let me know!

Brian: I lost that paper with your screen name on it. Sorry, please let me know

Doubles

1 Alpha Zealot & Quivo : $48.00
2 Slip N Slide (Fonz and Capem) : $24.00
3 Delusional Incrediabilty (Nope and Lou) : $8.00

4 Get Quenched (Beegs and CPU)
5 Manolerin (Asdioh and Baro)
5 Original Upholders Of (T-800 and Keist)
7 Duke Of Hazards (Pdiamond and Hence)
7 The Gaming Apes (McFly and Virt)

Again sorry if I got names wrong.
Please let me know Characters as well.

Videos from OUGA should be up tomorrow here:
http://www.youtube.com/OUGamingArts

I'll also do shoutouts tomorrow too.

www.originalupholdersofthegamingarts.com
www.steeleMcfly.com

Peace

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Great games all. Was a lot of fun. OUGA maybe another time you can try to prove C.Falcon is better then Ganondorf, but as a great friend once said.

I'm not convinced!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I used Kirby >________>

Good games everyone, I'll put shoutouts....Sunday night probably. XD

Preliminary shoutouts:
QUIVO: you and I are now rivals :p

AlphaZealot: that makes my winning record against good Diddy Kongs.... still 0%.

edit: Kiest you're the Kirby I dittoed, and you don't even remember my character? D:

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Kirby and Diddy in the top 3, YAY!

good job asdioh and az, i would be happier if there were more people and that happened but its still good :)

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
I got **** to do so I don't have a lot of time so I'll just copy my post from last night:

Wow, what a fun smashfest. I really enjoyed myself. ^_^

I'm to tired for shout outs tonight...and I have to encode and upload all the videos I recorded.

For anyone I played and would eventually like to see our match together here is a link to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pdiamond1231

Of course the videos are not yet uploaded. I plan to have them all up by the end of the weekend ^_^

EDIT: Never mind I guess I can make just a couple of shoutouts...

Asdioh: Good games. Thanks for the pointers on Kirby.
Quivo: I wish I would have gotten the chance to do some friendlies with you, maybe next time ^^
AZ: Shave.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Some squandering on my part...

It was my fault for us losing the first round of doubles
Glov took a game off of me
Lost to asidoh : /
Beegs took a game off of me
Only took a game off of AZ

No more underestimating : )

Shout Outs -

Cpu - Start going to tournaments NOW!

Quivo - Nice games in all of the times we played. I am looking forward to fighting you again.

AZ - Lets just say this. ****

Glov - Yes I didn't even play Marth against you!

KYosh - Come on man. Lets get your game back into shape. You were doing great the night before.

Keist - Nice meeting you and I plan to see you soon.

Nope - Thank for inviting me to your smashfest and also thanks for kicking my *** in the Snake ditto.

I think I got everyone...I'll post something again if I think of something.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Good times everyone.

I am currently uploading 10 of 12 videos onto the OUGaminArts channel. They should be done sometime tonight. (Late tonight)

Springfield Crew: It'll be different next time, I have to train to not get 3 stocked.

AZ: Grats on winning the tournes.

Quivo: Grats on winning doubles. Your matches are really fun to watch (recorded I think 3 of them)

Capem: Glad you didn't get Kirbycided. I might have to try a new gun to beat you...

Lou: I didn't really get to play you this time. Good G&W

Fonz: Excellent first match in singles. Ours is the first video that will be up.

Champ and Nope: Didn't really get to play you guys either. Till next time.

Glov: You have restored my faith of Wolf. Thanks for the advice.

Schwa: Thanks for coming and hope you had fun. We'll finish out best of three another day.

Hence: Wasn't expecting to fight a Shiek. Nice.

Baro: Good spot and thanks for Hosting. Only complaint is that you need to bring something to hide the money in. Also if you know your venue is expensive, don't waiver the venue fee. You might even have to make it 10 for the venue.

PDiamond: Good fight in Doubles.

Asdio: Great Kriby.

Beegs: Liked your Marth. Good stuff.

CPU: I think you have the best smash name you can possibly have. I mean people can get disqualified from your name.

OUGA: See ya guys in Feb. Keep on practicing.

Great tourne guys.

Hopefully you guys can make it to Love's Last Stand! (Check the Tourne listing, not Midwest for details)

Pictures will be uploaded shortly.

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
Hey-o. I didn't get a chance to meet and play against as many people as I would have liked, but we had to bug out a little early (I had work at 10 this morning. :( ). Anyway, this is in alphabetical order.

Asdio: I kinda regret not playing your Kirby. Fun times with your Falco, though.

AZ: Too bad I missed playing you, but we should definitely get a Columbus Smashfest in order. Would you be willing to try to get the West 18th Ave. building? The projection screens are freakin' awesome for this kind of stuff, and there's enough room in the foyer for setups if people bring flat surfaces like tables and chairs.

Baro: Thanks for letting me borrow a controller for that last friendly. Also organizing.

Capem: Too bad you don't live closer; I think I may be one of the few people in the world who is looking for more fights against competent MKs.

Dude with awesome purple shoes: Sorry I forgot your name. I have not yet forgotten the awful DK raep you supplied. >_<

Glov: Thanks for the raep. :(

Hence: Sorry we didn't have time for more games. One option against Snake I forgot to mention is needle spam - he's not the only one who can camp.

Kiest: Thanks for running, and we should definitely finish that round. What does your schedule look like? Also, thanks a lot for the video stuff - I've needed videos I could use to ask for suggestions.

Quivo: Thanks for more raep. :( That's a good Toon Link you have.

Staind: Do you remember the OSU smash group you mentioned? We really need to organize. >_<

T-800

Smash Apprentice
King Yoshi: Your controller is awesome. I hope I get to play you again sometime, it was fun.

Drunky Kick: My multi-tournament rival! We're 1-1, I invite you to our tournament next month to settle the score! Seriously though, your Pit was awesome. Not only is it cool to see a rarely played character in a tournament, it's even better when the player is rockin' with them. I'll never use Metaknight against you again, because you clearly have had enough experience against him to know the matchup far better than I could. Great games.

Baro: Your IC's varied from fun to play against to horrifying within the span of about 15 seconds. That said, your continued use of Bowser is highly encouraged. :chuckle:

Lou: Between the OUGA and Springfield crews you're definitely my counterpart, and that is a good thing. This is the second tournament (not counting an OUGA tourney we had amongst ourselves) I've used G&W in and I definitely learned a bit from playing against you, such as which G&W color is the best to use. Really looking forward to playing against you again.

Duke of Hazards: Glad we got to fight you guys again. Come to our tournament to make it a third time!

Slip N Slide: Everytime we play you guys it's just a blast, in spite of all the Metaknights. Next time if you want, we'll drop a Metaknight from our team if you will. :laugh: Great games.

Get Quenched: Thank you for providing me with the best G&W 9 Judgement ever. Good games.

Great games all. Was a lot of fun. OUGA maybe another time you can try to prove C.Falcon is better then Ganondorf, but as a great friend once said.

I'm not convinced!
Nor am I! (Convinced of Ganondorf being better than Falcon, not the thing you said)

Actually, I think if our matches proved anything it's that one's not really better than the other, at least when it comes to your Ganondorf and my Falcon. We were both one good smash away from total victory, you just got a dair which stomped me to oblivion. Great matches at any rate.

Come to our tournament and we'll continue the epic debate!

Edit:

Asdioh: I can't believe I forgot to mention you. You have a great Falcon and our Falcon dittos were just about my favorite part of the whole tournament. Hope to play you again soon!

I think that's everyone. I had a pretty fun time. If The Cove ever holds another Smash tourney, I'll totally be there. And maybe next time I won't be afraid to try Sonic. :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How was the venue for this AZ? Could be a circuit if the venue was good enough :D

Baro

Smash Journeyman
How was the venue for this AZ? Could be a circuit if the venue was good enough :D
People said that the venue was GREAT. There was even loads more space that we didn't use... however, it's unlikely that I will host another tourney here, as the rent is STUPIDLY EXPENSIVE. There will be a spiritual sucessor for Smashing The Cove in March elsewhere (details on that soon). If The Cove became a venue for a circuit, however, that would certianly attract more players and I wouldn't have to pay for it mostly with my own money.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
All my vids are up.

Post your vids peoples!!

Also I apologize for mis-recording the Winner's Finals for Doubles. I had thought it was being recorded when my friend was at my computer. However, he thought the same thing too...

Again sorry everyone.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Maybe I missed it, but did you manage to record the finals between Quivo and me?

EDIT: just to clarify, I recorded the match and the file name was something like "Grand finals Quivo vs AZ or something

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Lost to asidoh : /
I respond with this:
Asdio: I kinda regret not playing your Kirby. Fun times with your Falco, though.
You mean Fox? :p
ggs

Q how the **** did you lose to asdioh
He underestimated me, like you obviously just did. I think I might have made it to grand finals if AZ played ANY OTHER CHARACTER besides ****ing Diddy Kong T_T
Like I said, I've never beaten a good Diddy. It's just too...what's the word I'm looking for? One would be "different"
Because playing against Diddy is different from every other character :/ and if you don't have offline practice against one, you're pretty screwed.

But next time I see you OS, I'd be happy if you still underestimate me :]

Asdioh: I can't believe I forgot to mention you. You have a great Falcon and our Falcon dittos were just about my favorite part of the whole tournament. Hope to play you again soon!
Falcon dittos are the best. :p you too

It wasn't as good as Winona Lake, but it was nice.

moar shoutouts: guy with the red shirt and the awesome beard- thanks for letting me use your lucky controller :D
Drunky Kick- keep working on that Pit, I want to get totally owned by a Pit someday so that I stop thinking he's a sucky character :/
Lou- my Toon Link sucks. ggs
Nope- thanks for the $1 :D ridiculously high % game 3 ftw
Pdiamond and Kiest- Keep representing Kirby >:O

Kiest, can you update the OP with more people's characters? >_> pl0x

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
You mean Fox? :p

moar shoutouts: guy with the red shirt and the awesome beard- thanks for letting me use your lucky controller :D
Yiff in hell!

That was Matt's controller. I dunno if he posts here or not.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
LOL, I told ya It'd be AZ vs. Quivo in finals.

Nice job beegs, almost took money from both singles and doubles. was your partner in doubles actually a CPU? If so, that's pretty intense.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
Oh! I forgot to ask something...

I was playing some friendlies with a ZSS/Pit player before the tournament, but I can't remember who it was. If you're reading this, mystery player, please identify yourself. I played as Falcon the entire time we fought except for one match when I picked Sonic and you were Pit.

Top Bottom