• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A simple chainthrow video!

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
is there a difference in what i 'should' go for, or in your opinion what works best on fast fallers? i think i saw heavyweight and middle weight but what about the floaty lightweights? and how should i go about pit and jiggly?

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Hopefully this will help ease the questions on how to chainthrow. It's nothing fancy, but I think the instructions are pretty clear on how to do everything. It only includes the basics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4JY0pzVpB0
Umm, I believe that forward throw is still effected by the weight of the opponent... You can definitely tell the difference when you are chaining light characters...

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Fthrow is definetly affected by weight.
Which is why you can only buffer on heavies

Barge

Bthrow to bthrow is more effective on really light weights.
Like fox, MK, gnw, jiggly, etc. Other than that I'd stick to bthrow to dthrow.
Bthrow to bthrow stales your bthrow 2x faster.

Barge

Just one thing, where you mashing the z button when it was time for popo to grab?
Because nana was grabbing again after popo grabbed every single time.
That's not good, it will give your opponent a better chance to escape.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Just one thing, where you mashing the z button when it was time for popo to grab?
Because nana was grabbing again after popo grabbed every single time.
That's not good, it will give your opponent a better chance to escape.
It's because I was doing it so slowly for the video. If I was speed grabbing, she wouldn't grab, I just wanted it to be clear.

Also, fthrow to fthrow can be done with the same timing on every character, but heavies have a bigger window. If you hit the "sweetspot" so to speak every time, you can chain every character the same way.

Teh Future

Smash Master
You can still do grabs slowly without nana also trying to grab, just hold the grab button down a little longer rather than just tapping it and nana will put her shield up for a split second instead.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Shielding or grabbing, same difference. Doesn't matter, I was just illustrating the timing as clearly as possible. The next video will have some more advanced stuff (pivots and such).

T-nuts

Smash Ace
pretty helpful video for a long time kirby main like me who has barely ever played as the ICs.

I'm thinking about picking them up though...if i like them enough you might start seeing me around here a lot more :o

regal

Smash Rookie
This helped quite a bit with the basics, even though i haven't picked up ice climbers, i've been very open about a lot of the characters.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Just started looking into grabbing/throwing techniques, since I was told that my Ice Climbers had potential. This was extremely helpful. Many thanks for the video.

Fhd

Smash Rookie
thx, i finally learned how to do the only one i can't, hobbling

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
allright i have to know.

what is the second song in this video.

Top Bottom