• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Spawn Point Melee/Brawl Christening Event //Jan 24th 2009//Scranton PA

Rocann

Smash Lord
Melee Singles (11 entrants):

1. M2K
2. Scar
3. Javi
4. UltimaScout
5. Pav
5. PD
7. nJury
7. DevL
9. Darth Waffles
9. Cam
9. Melon

Brawl Doubles (13 entrants):

1. We Have The Same Shoes (AndyG + M2K)
2. Mindgames (Bryan + Smurf) (I think lol)
3. Cam + Fishy
4. Pavier (Pav + Javi)
5. Phase + Rev
5. Onifiro
7. Ja Rule
7. Max + Brian
9. Team Melee (Scar + UltimaScout)
9. Sick Nasty
9. Improv
9. Why So Serious?
13. Giovanni + Mike

Brawl Singles (28 entrants):

1. M2K (MK)
2. AndyG (Olimar)
3. Prodigy (Luigi/Marth)
4. Pav (Wolf/MK)
5. Melon
5. Fishy
7. Phase (Toon Link)
7. Onifiro (GnW)
9. Rev
9. UltimaScout (DK)
9. Javi
9. Franco
13. Kadiev (ZSS)
13. Nasty
13. Mike
13. Chaotic Smurf
17. Cam
17. Spencer
17. Matthrew
17. Henry R
17. Giovanni
17. Max
17. Halo
17. Randy
25. nJury
25. Doc
25. Wrek
25. Slim
25. Edge
25. Bryan S
(two are missing or I have the number of entrants wrong)

Rocann

Smash Lord
I don't know how to read the brackets :( they're pencil and paper, not from tio, and I'm just saying that everybody that lost in the same round of loser's got the same place, and that place is the number that ends if you count all the people that were still left

idk :( I know I prolly did it wrong

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
cool stuff, i cant wait to see the bracket. this was ultimascouts first time playing brawl in like what, 2 months? lol

also andy, i tried textin u but i kno ur phone is crap lol. r u still in philly? how long r u gonna be there tomorrow cause il be back in the afternoon, maybe we can smash a lil?

also btw, has triad prodigy been to any other tourneys recently besides this one?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Andy's beasting too much recently. Good stuff dude.

And since M2K doesn't hear it much: Good stuff M2K, make that mula!!

Rocann

Smash Lord
chibo I'm at my college. I have a lot of homework to do. and thanks a bunch keitaro.

uh idk about triad prodigy and if he's been to tourneys recently. scar seemed friendly with him and he hates everyone and everything brawl so I assume he played melee, but idk about recently

ultimascout is so good for not playing brawl it's so funny to see him beat people that spend day in day out on that **** and he's just like yeah brawlers are dumb

ROFL?

Smash Cadet
**** Fishy. Way to rep A-Town. I'm proud of you man. Nice job. For your first tourny I'd say you did pretty **** well. Oh and Cam not bad either. Very good to see you guys get third in Melee together. Congrats.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
I play GAW for what its worth. Nice Tourney all. (came in 7th)
And where it says Omnifrio in teams. The team name is Onifiro. Same with my singles name

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
AndyG is too good with lolimar. Way to **** man, seriously.

I'm still not too sure what M2K was doing at this thing, but thanks for the matches man. Both Melee and Brawl.

You too Scar, thanks for the advice and what-not. It was cool.

Kadiev, your ZSS is incredible. I never got the chance to play you, but I pretty much watched all your matches. Good stuff.

2. Mindgames (Bryan + Smurf) (I think lol) It's right, lol
These guys were really good, thought we were going to beat you at the last Delfino match. So close!
Smurf, if you see this, mind sending me a message or something on AiB? You said you used it but I searched you and can't find your profile.

I'm glad I did so well in doubles, but man...I was not in the right state of mind for singles. Not too sure what happened, but I guess I just cracked under pressure. Ah well, learn from mistakes right? No johns, I'll just have to keep it under control next time :D

Also, thanks for everyone who supported my Sonic. Sorry to let you down in singles, I'll just step it up next time.

:093:

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Very good to see you guys get third in Melee together. Congrats.
...uh? Except we didn't. Melee Singles was, as Cam would say, "4 teh lulz," and we didn't even enter melee doubles. That was Brawl.

I'm Fishy, by the way, representing ROB all through the brackets.

Story time and shoutouts:

This was my first "real" irl tourney. I get there with Cam pretty early. There are 3-4 guys playing brawl teams friendlies, and another few people setting up more TVs. There's this Olimar who's playing really well, but I figure he must be joking around, because he's playing with a fake tag that says "AndyG." He's teaming with this gay MK, who is tornado-ing the life out of a poor DK. Cam and I start quoting from the "Metaknight In-depth Tutorial" video on Youtube, saying how if the MK did a little more Shuttle Loop, he could rival mew2king. The guy playing the MK, pale, glasses, brown sweatshirt, looks kind of familiar...

We start playing friendlies with these two... and get wrecked. Eventually, we head over to melee, which we're both much worse at from lack of consistent practice, and get even more wrecked. I head back to Brawl, and Cam stays at Melee. All of a sudden, one of the people destroying at Melee says something to the effect of "Hey Mew2king"

..."yea Scar?"

..........WOW

My first tourney, in a random, almost-finished room in Scranton, PA, and I find myself playing friendlies with Mew2king, AndyG, and Scar. No wonder we got SEVEN-stocked once in Melee doubles. Props to me for getting owned but pulling off a dair spike for a double KO against M2k and Scar =)

Shoutouts:

Guy who really wanted ROB dittos and then finally got some with me on the Japanese version ("Wrek," or something, I think): Great dittos. I don't know why so many people don't like ROB dittos. They really teach you what you need to work on more than any other matchup. I look forward to playing you again.

Nasty: Unfortunate SD on the third stock of Final D, but other than that, you have a really nice Lucas.

Cam: So it wasn't the result you had hoped for, especially that match on halberd against the GnW. You did go on a "winning steak" with Sonic, even if it was just friendlies. Wow did we wreck in teams. Lol at "where does a ROB and Sonic team ban/cp??" We should have gotten 2nd- I don't know how I ended up charging a gyro while slowly floating off-screen for a kill. Speaking of teams...

Chaotic Smurf and BryanS: Nice job sending us to losers and then beating us 3-2 in loser's finals. To whichever one of you was the Pit, those arrows were so annoying, and ROB's fsmash beats out pit's side-b, even if it takes me a couple percent to do it (lol)

Pav: Oh pav... A lot to say on this one. Your one on two was amazing, taking off 2-3 stocks on us each time and living to ridiculous percents while doing it. Gah, I want a rematch in singles =). We were dead even at high percents, you would get the kill, and then I'd even it up. You just got the one that really mattered, the last kill, twice. I should have gone Luigi's mansion instead. Oh well, I'll get you next time. I made too many mistakes, especially getting hit with the slow ledge-getting-up-attack about 2-3 times every match instead of just shielding it and punishing. It's just that seeing you get manhandled for two games straight against the luigi that I SENT into losers like 3 rounds ago was maddening. It was even worse because it turned out that he won more money than you did, and you got reimbursed for the entry fee by beating me, even though I beat him in the first place.

Luigi guy, who would be Prodigy according to the results list: Sick Luigi- really beat me down on Brinstar, and even almost made a comeback on Japes. Very nice job on DI-ing out of the dsmash; not a lot of people can do it consistently. I wanted to have beaten Pav, played you, and then gone on to play...

...AndyG: You play a really smart Olimar, especially with the whistle. I'm pretty confident against Olimar, especially now, since I went even with you (1-2 or 2-2, I think, with both of us at high percents and one stock when I lost). I'm going to get even better, play you again one day, and win more of them. Olimar gimps for the win.

Mew2King: Thanks for being mew2king. :) For my first tourney, I can't get much better practice than against m2k's MK. Mushroomy Kingdom matches are too good. I was surprised at how I almost went even for the first stock or so in most of the singles, and for a tourney newbie, it feels really good to take a stock off you in every match we played. That being said, you pretty much screwed me out of making a profit from Brawl singles and doubles. If you hadn't been there to knock me into loser's, I would have gotten at least the entry fee back, and possibly more. You and andy made my hands freeze up and become numb because I was thinking "Wow, this is the part where I realize that I'm not better than 90% of the smash tourney community," but after I learned who you all were, it made the other singles matches a lot less stressful, and confidence replaced the hand-tingling. You're a pretty chill guy, though.

Guy who was working at Sunoco's: I couldn't understand a word you were saying, but thanks for selling us lunch anyway.

All in all, I had fun at this tourney and I look forward to more in the future

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol@Fishy telling the whole story XD

Guy who was working at Sunoco's: I couldn't understand a word you were saying, but thanks for selling us lunch anyway.
I think I litteraly rofl'd

:093:

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
Nice job in teams camalange... I really wanted to try my GAW on sonic. Looked sick in teams.

BryanTheEdgeHog

Smash Rookie
Hello, This is Bryan who was Smurf's Partner in the Brawl Doubles. I just wanted to say thank you for your positive feedback. On a second note, My name is not Bryan S, that was another Bryan.

This was my second tournament I have participated in and it was a lot of fun. Sonic and R.O.B. Team, I enjoyed our matches, especially with you R.O.B. I love fighting R.O.B.'s.

When I found out M2K was there, I was eager to have at least one match against him. Not to win of course, but to observe his playing style more and maybe incorporate it into my own. I also wanted to play PAV's Wolf 1 on 1, but unfortunately I couldn't find the time to play either of them. So maybe we can have a friendly some other day.

In the mean time, I'm going to continue practicing and honing my skills as a Meta Knight player at Penn State Berks College Campus. Thanks everyone for your hard effort in the Doubles Tournament.:laugh:

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once."-William Shakespeare

Wrek FTW

Smash Apprentice
im not going to throw out any excuses for my performance.

i had a lot of fun. i met some really cool kids and allies and cant wait to run into them again. this would be you: dex, fury, nasty, and edge. i know you guys saw my ROB and know what im capable of, regardless of my standing, bleh ;)

after some time off and going right into a tourney, i feel my creative juices are flowing again. altoona will start practicing again. we'll represent harder next time. :D

cant wait for state. go to krutons tourney next month!

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Sup folks its Ch@otic $murf aka Dex..I had a great time at this tourney (even though TGP was a MUCH BETTER LOCATION) *SCReams at NIck* but thanks for all the shoutouts, and to the Really good SOnic player I apologize about how i acted after i won our match on hannon bow or wut ever but it was really frustrating to play like that. and to that really good Olimar player and M2k gg's in the finals of the doubles. As u guys probably figured out we accepted defeat early and just decided to have fun with it but gg's anywayzzzz.

More shout outs to REv Phase and there crew I enjoyed to crew battle, also to Pav, Nick, Wrek, and everyone else i said wut up 2 or played. Hopefully see u all at COT4!

triad_prodigy

Smash Journeyman
havent been to a tournament since summer at that ch3 or whatever it was. Ill be down for the penn state main tournament, and hopefully many more after that.

Good **** to everyone.

ROFL?

Smash Cadet
Yeah my bad I read that wrong. Well still nice job. Maybe next time I'll actually go with you guys.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Shoutout time!!!!

Prodigy - Luigi kickin ***, great matches.

Kadiev - didn't get to play ya, but ZSS looked really good. I didn't see any squirtle squirt though :(

Andy G - beast of an Olimar, good job man.

Onifrio - Matches with you were awesome, can't believe I beat you on Rainbow Cruise :chuckle:

Cam - nice Sonic man, wish i could've faced you more than that.

M2K - congrats on another win man, always good to have you in the area.

Pav - glad i didn't face you today actually, gave me a chance to make it pretty far in the tourney lol :laugh:. Good wolf as always man.

Phase - wish i faced you today, your TL was looking good all day.

Javi - didnt get to face you either. Glad to see ICs and a little Chu from ya.

Scar - good stuff in melee

To everyone else that I didn't mention, thanks for making the trip and making this tourney a good time.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Thanks to everyone for coming out to this tournament and dealing with the issues of us only being open for two weeks. As more monthly comes this store will evolve to be a great venue. The money we make from events, and memberships is being put back into the store to make it better, there is lots of space to expand, and we can do what we want with it.

AngyG--> Thank you very much for posting the results, I am always really busy after the events and it takes me so long to get them up

I hope to see all of you at future events

NIck

The Reverend 814

Smash Apprentice
So after a huge break it was nice to come back into the tourny scene swingin. I def. played the hardest set of matches I have experienced in a while pound for pound. I can't remember every match I played cause I was too in the moment but shoutouts for those i remember or saw play.

Prodigy- **** man i did not expect a fight like that cause i haven't seen you ever at tournys. **** good marth, way to counterpick against my g&w. You still owe me a rematch vs my falco haha.

Cam- I have never played a good sonic in my life and wow did that make fighting you hard. You def. rep'd for the sonics community, hard as hell to kill lol. ****ty you sd'd on your last stock man I woulda loved to have finished you the old fashoned way ;)

Kadiev- sick ZSS that was some fight, I was definitely going into that fight very ready to work my *** off.

Pav- you are too good man, I'm glad I could actually take a match vs you as G&W this time, I'm apparently getting better. Can't believe I couldn't gimp you with shiek man, you def. know how to defend against then you deserved the win hands down.

Phase- Wish I coulda bested prodigy so we coulda had an old school A-town show down ;)

Wrek- Dude you played some of the best I've seen in a while, yeah the rank doesn't reflect that but I know you got ****** on your matches, but you are getting better period.

Pennstate Berks crew! - ****in love you guys, the crew battle was fun as hell and all you guys are just way too chill, you will always have bros from altoona. Nasty and dex it is too fun playing you guys and just shootin the **** between matches. Fury it was nice gettin to play you some in the battle, can't wait for more in the future. See you at state college!

The olimar that I keyspiked- Yeah that ****in happened hahahah

for the life of me I can't remeber who else I played it all just mixes up with doubles and **** I just know I was lovin it all, props to everyone who held it down.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
well this wasn't a bad tourney at all, despite it being so cold at first. I really enjoyed playing all of you:

Pav: d*mn we had to get you the first round of doubles.. good sh*t though

javi: gg's in doubles, sorry we didn't get to play singles though.

ultima-scout: how many times am i gonna get spiked by a DK in one match? i think you spiked me 6 times and i survived 3 of them. good sh*t man. we'll have to run that back sometime. gg's

Fishy: nice ROB man. i'm still upset about that SD on the last life though, i can't believe i did that. rematch some time?

$murf: good **** in doubles. congrats on getting second.. if it weren't for m2k and AndyG being there, you could've won.

Bryan: same goes for you. congrats buddy.

Fury: congrats man.. you finally did better than me. :-P but not by much.

to the rest of PSU Berks: guys this was your first tourney, yous did well and i hope you all had a lot of fun and learned a lot. Dak: why couldn't you beat Ultima-Scout so i could've faced you the next round. lolz

AndyG: sickest olimar, hands down. good sh*t and congrats!

M2K: congrats on winning again. i loved our friendly and was quite surprised that i took 2 stocks off of you, one being a spike :) haha. gg. see you at COT4

Wrek: d*mn idk how many ROB's i had to face in that tourney but it was getting rediculous. loved our set, except for your SD on battlefield. gg's

Phase: your toon is getting sick man. good sh*t in doubles when you and rev beat us. our set was crazy and i had a lot of fun in it.

Rev: doubles was a **** load of fun, even though yous knocked us out. gg's

to PSU Altoona: you guys are f*ckin awesome. loved our crew battle. phase, you scared me for the first 2 lives, i thought i was gonna lose it for us at berks. when you're in tank mode, you're IN tank mode. crazy. wrek, despite your placement in the standings, i know your ROB is still sick. and Rev, i agree, it's always fun seeing yous there. i look forward to seeing you at state college. we'll do a crew battle on good tv's in a room with heat next time. you guys have us bros here at Berks. it's great making friends across the state. see you at Smash Riot II

to anyone i didn't mention: i probably didn't play you. if i did, i apologize for forgetting you.

congrats to everyone on their performance.

Kadiev

Smash Ace
Good games everyone was fun playing. Ill see everyone at Kruton's tourny.

PS - I think it was UltimateScout and his friends or whoever was playing melee that supposedly said all i do is use my ZSS items and you would beat me in 1v1. You suck you won't beat me keep talking.

Rocann

Smash Lord
Good games everyone was fun playing. Ill see everyone at Kruton's tourny.

PS - I think it was UltimateScout and his friends or whoever was playing melee that supposedly said all i do is use my ZSS items and you would beat me in 1v1. You suck you won't beat me keep talking.
on behalf of them, chill. all I remember you doing is use your ZSS items. case in point, frigate you killed me in like 2 seconds with them, good job, then after they were gone you got like 40% on me for the rest of the game and then johned about how you killed yourself and I still had 2 stocks left anyway. no wonder I don't remember you doing anything else, because you hit me like 4 times.

good job getting outplaced by ultimascout when he plays brawl once a month tops.

don't try and trash talk my crew + friends when you have nothing to back it up with

Kadiev

Smash Ace
Hahah the bf came in, you won against me grats with a complete counter character that only my itmes help me. Not like I can make a comeback with you running throwing your pikmin constantly then grab then back to throwing ZSS has nothing on that. You crew is trash, I have tons to back it up. Plus him playing brawl once a month? Lol guess how much I play this game oh wait, im too busy playing wow and working. Not hard to shield the items nor go and grab them and use them yourself.

Rocann

Smash Lord
first of all don't think I'm gonna ignore that john about how you just gave up after you died the first time that you edited out. that's just pathetic

olimar doesn't counter ZSS at all, but I'm not here to argue about the game specifics, it's more about player skill and attitude, but that's boring to do over message boards. I'll just enjoy watching you at cot4 trying to come away with some dignity against our better players

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wow kadiev, ur really gonna say a buncha crap like this again after you did it back in august? stfu and get back out of the smash community and go back to wow. no one likes/wants u here. normally i wouldnt be so brash like this outta no where, but this isn't the first time you've had beef with our crew before. what happened when u lost to andyg? did u not say anything, not shake his hand, and walk out and drive off without saying a word to anyone? yea.... way to be a good spot *******

_umbra_

Smash Champion
yeah kadiev your're not a very good spot

lolol

chibo bring your crew to psu so we can **** it

:)

_umbra_

Smash Champion
yeah i'll probably be there, I'll play you then.

We can do crew battles too, but most of our crew isn't going. It's just me/kruton/truth/mav i think

Top Bottom