• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago Brawl, Melee, Naruto, TvC, HDR - January 24 Results

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
It was a really fun event. I thankful for all the support from the community. You guys showed up in full force to represent each game at the event. Also thanks to all the Brawl players for giving us a really big turn out. Well hopefully this is the start of a good series and I can tell the Chicago scene is out to support and participate in these Events. Many Local players also placed high in every tournament, so it was good with all the out of state competition in every game! ^_^

Now for the Results!

Brawl Doubles

1) The Needle of Anther - Neddle of Juntah and Anther

2) OMG So Popo Can Chaingrab - Omniswell and Lain

3) I Fight For My Red Italian Plumbers - BO X7 and Kirk

4) We Aren't Twins - Arty and Quik
5) Team Cozdoza - Cosmo and Mendoza
5) Team Pain - Blank and Mello
7) PanBowyer's Box - SamuraiPanda and Bowyer
7) Team Corms - Luis and Brew
9) Team Iorn Yoshi = Brian and Justin
9) Brawl Diamond - Neku and Melinda
9) We Got Nothing - Scythe and Game Q
9) Beef Supreme - Vayseth and Zjiin
13) What Is This? - Dragondorf and Lamp
13) Team Scorpio - WTP and Alex
15) Team Lovely - Joey Troop and Will
15) Iron Tail - Propi and Pika C
15) Team Gasp - Orin and Xyless
15) Team Murk - Delta and Sakrament
15) Team Is Strong Homo - Feardragon and SOLID
20) Team Martin Luther King JR - Javier and Pablo
20) Team Wayne - Chris and Arron
20) Team Nutz - Big Sexy and Slayer
20) Fates United - Defect and Tribe

Naruto Shippuuden EX 3 (Top 8)

1) Akatsuki (Sasuke)

2) Killtz (Chouji)

3) GTFOcandy (Kabuto and Hiroku)

4) Vayseth (Temari)
5) Dark Sasuke
5) Shikago
7) CS2SasukeJK
7) Necrosis

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

1) Syxx (Cammy, youtube Akuma)

2) Roberto (Sagat)

Did Not get a picture of him before he left.

3) Jmoney (Balrog)

4) Necrosis (Ken, Sagat, others)
5) DanielRGT (Vega)
5) Corey (Guile, others?)
7) Esoul
7) Bombchivo
9) SRX
9) Delta
9) King of Bums
9) Big Sexy (DQ)
13) MightyMar
13) Nino
13) Neil
13) FrankieG
17) Julian
17) Slayer
17) DigimonEmporer
17) Rodney
17) EmptyShiki
17) Brandon
23) Dark Kakashi (forfiet)

Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes

1) Kurasa

2) Shiki

3) SamuraiPanda

He was Busy playing a Brawl Match, that I forgot to take his picture.... Sorry Panda. >_>

4) Necrosis
5) FrankieG
5) Omniswell
7) DanielRGT
7) Big Sexy

Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles

1) Khepri

2) Cosmo

3) Kels

4) Anther
5) Zjiin
5) Ray Chun
7) Bowyer
7) Capps Indigo
9) James
9) Lain
9) Scythe
9) Arty
13) Cyko Fox
13) Over9000
13) Raid

Naruto Clash Of Ninja Revolution 2 (Top 9) "Championship Points Will Be Awarded to Everyone!"

1) Dark Sasuke (Temari, UNTN, Lee, Kakashi)

2) Dark Kakashi (UNTN, Orochimaru)

3) Killtz (Itachi, Gaara, Orochimaru)

4) GTFOcandy (Gai, Awakened Hinata)
5) Akatsuki
5) Shikago
7) Webster
7) Necrosis
9) Big Secy
9) Stripper Vash
9) Gorilla Fresh

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles "Championship Points Will Be Awarded to Everyone!"

1) Anther

2) Lain

3) Quik

4) Omniswell

5) SamuraiPanda
5) Needle of Juntah
7) Arty
7) BO X7
9) Kirk
9) Chompy
9) Scythe
9) Game Q
13) Pseudo
13) Orin
13) Metroid
13) AVJ
17) Neku
17) Lamp
17) IlliniAlex
17) Melinda
17) Amari
17) Xyless
17) Ivan
17) Polska
25) Indiference
25) V123
25) Samwell
25) DLA
25) Bowyer
25) Brian
25) Dragondorf
25) Lorcan
33) Shintaruu
33) Over9000
33) Kevin
33) Fear Dragon
33) PK64
33) Iorn Yoshi
33) Raid
33) Leech
33) Uopen
33) Vayseth
33) Ezzy
33) Tribe
33) Jman
33) Saint
33) Puck
33) DevilDigimon
49) Maven
49) Big Sexy
49) Kimbo
49) Kaiten
49) Propi
49) Defect
49) Dranick
49) Solid
49) Blank
40) Milk
49) Lou
49) JoeyTroop
49) Will

Once Again thanks for everyone that showed up! I will see what I can do about the next event!

Random Pictures from the event... =p

Anther... >_>

Random Picture during Doubles. lol

A doubles Match between SamuraiPanda and Bowyer vs Arty and Quik

We have two potential Venues for the next Event! Screenz is going to start remodeling on Monday, working on giving a bigger space, buying 10 more TVs to be used in tournaments, adding 2 Projectors for everyone to play whatever game they want on it, and adding a lot more chairs and Lounging area like Sofas. They will be done remodeling around February 15, I will update on that when they are done. The other venue is closer to the Highway and unlike Screenz it has a lot of Free Local Neighbor Parking with no Parking Meters and actual Parking Lots! It also is willing to hold 2-day events and provide overnight housing, like Lock-Ins. I'll see what I find out before I announce if the Venues are Changing.

Hope everyone had a fun time and for the record the final count of total attendance for this event in all games was.... 115 People! Thanks for all your Support Everyone! ^_^

Picture and Brackets will be uploaded Later Today! ;D

Championship Point Standings!

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles Point Standings

1) Anther - 35 Points
2) Lain - 30 Points
3) Quik - 25 Points
4) Omniswell - 20 Points
5) SamuraiPanda - 16 Points
5) Needle of Juntah - 16 Points
7) Arty - 14 Points
7) Bo x7 - 14 Points
9) Kirk - 12 Points
9) Chompy - 12 Points
9) Game Q - 12 Points
9) Scythe - 12 Points
13) Pseudo - 10 Points
13) Orin - 10 Points
13) Metroid - 10 Points
13) AVJ - 10 Points
17) Neku - 8 Points
17) Lamp - 8 Points
17) IlliniAlex - 8 Points
17) Melinda - 8 Points
17) Amari - 8 Points
17) Xyless - 8 Points
17) Ivan - 8 Points
17) Polska - 8 Points
25) Indifference - 6 Points
25) V123 - 6 Points
25) Samwell - 6 Points
25) DLA - 6 Points
25) Bowyer - 6 Points
25) Bryan - 6 Points
25) Dragondorf - 6 Points
25) Lorcan - 6 Points
33) Shintaruu - 4 Points
33) Over9000 - 4 Points
33) Kevin - 4 Points
33) Fear Dragon - 4 Points
33) PK64 - 4 Points
33) Iron Yoshi - 4 Points
33) Raid - 4 Points
33) Leech - 4 Points
33) Uopen - 4 Points
33) Vayseth - 4 Points
33) Ezzy - 4 Points
33) Tribe - 4 Points
33) Jman - 4 Points
33) Saint - 4 Points
33) Puck - 4 Points
33) DevilDigimon - 4 Points
49) Maven - 2 Points
49) Big Sexy - 2 Points
49) Kimbo - 2 Points
49) Kaiten - 2 Points
49) Propi - 2 Points
49) Defect - 2 Points
49) Dranick - 2 Points
49) Solid - 2 Points
49) Blank - 2 Points
49) Milk - 2 Points
49) Lou - 2 Points

This was the trophy for the January Event, in case you can't see it in Anther's 1st Place Brawl Picture:

This is the black guy in the background of every picture here, is just hard to see him with how well he blends in with the back ground. Yeah so we had to take a picture today with more vivid colors so you can notice him.

Devildigimon is the one that helps run all the Brawl Tournaments. ^_^

Kirk

Smash Champion
Quik is quik! duh.

9th is fun...and by that I mean not fun. I'll have to try not going Random next time.

Good fun yesterday...I just wish there were more setups. I should be there for the next one.

Shoutouts later. :o

Shintarru

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1676-4016-3956
Yeah I will definatly be there for the next one. Hopefully something wont come up where I have to leave so early

metroid1117

Smash Master
This tournament was waaaaaay too fun (albeit long), it was cool seeing old faces and meeting new ones. Too bad I didn't get to say goodbye to anybody though, when I had to leave I couldn't find anyone who wasn't busy :(. Some shoutouts:

avj89 - We didn't get to play each other in the bracket, but those friendlies and doubles matches we had were fun. It was cool to meet you, I hope we see each other again.

Kirk & Meneil - It was great seeing you guys again, and it was also fun to hang out with you guys and get some ice cream. I'm sorry I couldn't say good-bye, I couldn't find Meneil and Kirk was busy with a tournament match :(.

indifference - My first opponent in the bracket, it was fun to play and hang around with you. Keep up that G&W stuff :).

shintarru - Dang, I have to make sure not to let down my guard, you almost came back and won that last game x_x. Your Marth and Fox were too fun to play against, those were some fun games. And yeah, hopefully those games were recorded >.>.

Arty - Best Falco I've ever played, that was some crazy laser and jab work. It was refreshing to play a Falco who did more than DThrow to the edge and DAir, hopefully we'll be able to play again sometime.

Xyless - It was very cool to meet you, too bad you were off during our games :(. Hopefully I'll be able to play you again in the future when you're not having an off moment.

Omniswell - Wow, your Wolf was crazy. I have to learn to deal with the laser and BAir -> FSmash work, that was pretty scary to fight against for the first time (johns?). It was sort of funny that you had to get play 3 Ikes in a row (Kirk -> some other guy -> me? Hopefully I'm counting it right). Great job getting 4th, and great games.

Lain - It was fun to see you again, too bad we couldn't play any matches though :(. Since Kirk beat Omni and Omni beat me, I'm not so sure that you can keep calling me the best Ike >.>. Congratulations with getting 2nd, you + Omni + Anther + SamuraiPanda prove how Michigan is too good.

Bo X7 - Great ROB and best Mario ever, playing against you in single and double friendlies was too fun. Hopefully we'll be able to get in more games next time we meet.

Everyone I played friendlies with before the tournament - Good games to all you guys, I'm sorry that I don't remember all of your names >.>. It was too fun to play against so many different playstyles.

Random thing:

Anther - I never got to play or meet you, but it was cool to see you in-person and fun to watch you destroy people with Pikachu. Great job getting 1st, you're just too good.

Scythe

Smash Master
1) Anther (Pikachu/ Ice Climbers)
2) Lain (DDD/ Ice Climbers)
3) Quik (Wario)
4) Omniswell (Ice Climbers/Wolf/MK)
5) SamuraiPanda (Snake/Olimar)
5) Needle of Juntah (GaW
7) Arty (Falco/ Luigi)
7) Box 7 (Mario /R.O.B)

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
(Cries) Can someone get my freaken name right. Metroid met me one time. ONE TIME! And he already knows my name right. This is sad.

Anyway GGs everyone. Metroid has one of the best Ikes i ever played. And good stuff Kirk. Who says Mario and Ike don't pwn together? (Not unless your BO X7 and Kirk of course)

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Championship Points have been added in the Main Post so you can see them. The more you show up and the better you place, the better the odds at winning the big event in July. ;D

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Hey could you change the AVJ or w/e in team strong homo to Feardragon?
>> how'd that happen? lol

Also anyone who recorded vids, upload and post links!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Lolwut it was Feardragon and SOLID not AVJ lmao.

SHOUTOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLID: You suck, get better

BO X7: I can get your name right every time. Ur amazing, best Mario West of the Mississippi. Nice job in doubles and singles, that comeback vs. V123's Zelda was frickin sweet.

Amari: Thought you weren't goin to show, but good ****. Did you have to leave early?

Anther: God ur good, I got to play you, dang you destroyed me

Shin: Pretty good Marth, got to watch a lot of you

Lamp: You beat me in singles and doubles, nice job.

Fear: dude ur a beast, chill guy, nice meeting you fasho

Illinialex: Great Jiggs, nice to meet you too man.

Quik: way to rep Chitown

Kirk: That hat was too amazing, good **** in teams

Arty: Great Falco, nice job on 7th

Raid: Nice to see you again, ur a beast

Bowyer and SP: That MM was pretty sweet, ggs

Tribe: You beat me in Singles and I beat you in doubles, lol, good Wolf and Ike.

Kakashi: Nice job with the tourney, needz moar tv's!!!!!!

I'll be there next time if possible, better than ever!

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I know I already said it but Please post recorded matches! If nothing else pm me if you recorded any singles with a white marth or doubles with any combination of a marth, kirbs and falco!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
omniswell is way cuter than anther, inui. looks at those pretty blue eyes and that fabulous hair =)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Shouts:

What's the Point - Dude, you're ****ing awesome for coming to Ann Arbor to pick us up and for giving us transportation to Chicago... And remind me to give you $15 next time I see you.

Quik - OMG, MI combo breaker... again... Hope to see ya in MI sometime.

Omniswell - I don't know how you almost beat my snake with wolf, but ****... and I'm glad you came out on top of our Spear Pillar randoms game... you placing 4th is way better than me getting to play a match or two more using random character selection XD

SamuraiPanda - Yeah omnigay team! Getting a kill 5 seconds into the game from an up throw was so ****ing awesome!... I look forward to teaming in the future and after we get that **** down a little better we'll start wrecking people... we just need to figure out a better team name XD

Arty - **** good falco. I'm honestly more afraid to play against you in tourney than Anther XD Too bad we didn't get a chance to play a mm or friendlies.

Kirk - Always good seeing ya. Nice job placing 7th and your C. Falcon is sexy, I thought you were going to beat Quik with him... Next time we need to get some friendlies in.

Illinialex - Nice meeting and playing with ya. That sucks that we didn't get to play jiggs dittos.

SOLID and Feardragon - That match was sooo much fun... And thanks for giving us my main for 3 months, C. Falcon XD

Vaydr - Thanks so much for driving us... sorry that I fell asleep for the last 2 hours on the way home.

DK - Thanks so much for housing us and that air mattress was ****ing amazing! :)

Webster - Good seeing ya again and thanks for running the bracket.

Kiltz - It was a pleasure riding to Chicago with ya... hopefully Lain and I didn't smell too bad XD... ... After writing this shoutout, I have a feeling that Kiltz is never going to see this... :)

Cosmo - Nice playing melee with ya. I can't believe how easily you got around my lasers.

Zjinn - Thanks for running the melee tourney and close match in brackets.

Kels - wow, you beat the living hell out of me.

Norm, Sago, Hunger - You guys should've came :(

Everyone who failed at getting beer Friday night - We fail XD

This is probably going to be my last out of state tournament. I have too much homework and it's too boring/annoying to play singles seriously so I'm going to stay in MI and stop playing MK in singles (other than MK dittos, those are actually fun :)). I had great time traveling and meeting everyone over the last 2 months and I hope to see everyone in MI soon.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Okay, there's a mystery that I need solved.

Every time Antherrrrzy takes a picture, there's usually this guy, right next to him or around him. Who is this mysterious man?

See? That guy. Is he related to Antherrrrrzy?

There's also this video: Wtf?

0:32.

And he's always posing or something. Who is he? 3:

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Haha Khepri's pic.... he's just about to lose another game of his falcon vs my marth... but he doesnt know it yet
Good work Damian thanks for the effort

And where are the vids??

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Bowyer: SOLID and I mm'd you and panda. That was some fun shiz. The match ilin is talking about is our match vs your falcon. It's the one where you accidentally falcon punched panda lmao. But gg's and thanks for the matches.

Shoutouts

Solid: good stuff man. Too bad we didn't 1v1 friendly. Thanks for pulling the weight in doubles.

Ilinalex: you're really chill man. Next time we've gotta friendly! Sick jiggs though. Keep repping it!

Panda and boywer: awesome fun in those team mm's! Thanks!

Milk: you're pretty awesome. Glad I met ya. Hang in there amd see ya next time!

Webster: nice tourny bro! Keep em coming!

Guys who didn't have a smashboards account: ****...get one!

Anther and NoJ: thanks for the friendly doubles matches at station A. Even if you were probably sandbagging xD.

Lain: I was the guy that did the first money matched, got three stocked by your IC and you took like 30% and then got 3 stocked by your DDD when you took like 40%. But thanks xD Despite being completely and utterly destroyed it was fun lol.

That one samus that asked to warm up for his match and was beast: keep it up man. Those were some awesome matches!

Everone else: thanks! And good to meet ya! Keep in touch if we played/talked

Shintarru

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1676-4016-3956
I hope someone recorded me and metroid matches. They were pretty epic.

uhh shoutouts

Anther: well at first I started talking to you and I didn't know that was you O_O (you werent holding a pie) For some odd reason I thought you were a mean person but I found out I was wrong =) epic chu

Metriod: We has some epic games ur ike is too good. Please tell me someone recorded out matches

lol I forgot a bunch of names but thanks for all the friendlies.

Top Bottom