• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Billbro and Lord Karn present: License to Bill 2/21, Melee, Brawl, Brawl+

lord karn

Smash Master
Last time running singles and doubles at the same time worked really well, so we'll be doing that again.

Address:
425 Hillsborough St
Chapel Hill, NC, 27514
Apartment 6C

Prices:
$5 for each singles event
$10 per team for each teams event (5 a person)
$1 Venue fee (This goes straight to the brawl+ pot)

My phone number is 919-810-4681 if anyone needs to contact me.

Melee registration starts at 11, and the tourney starts at 12. Be here on time. We are starting at 12 regardless if people are late. If you do happen to be late, call us and we'll put you in the bracket and hold your matches for as long as possible. If your matches end up holding up the tourney, then you'll have to suffer a loss.

There will be an hour break in between Melee and Brawl.

I'd estimate Brawl starting at about 4 or 5.

Brawl+ will start at about ~1. It will run throughout the whole day.

I'll post the rules later.

As usual, we can house people who need it. In fact, it would be awesome to have people over all weekend.

All tournaments pay out 60/30/10, unless there are fewer than ten entrants. In that case it's 70/30.

Brawl+

We're going to hold a Brawl+ tournament throughout the day on the side. It's going to be singles only due to time constraints. We'll probably be running it on two tvs and get it started at about 1. It will probably take a while to finish, due to the fact that the other games have priority on most tvs, so it might not end until around the same time that regular Brawl does. The tourney has no entry fee, aside from the $1 venue fee that everyone has to pay. Bill has offered to put $40 dollars himself into the pot. Any other contributions, however small, are welcome. The purpose of this tourney is to jumpstart Brawl+ as a competitive game.

We will be using Brawlplusery codeset 3.1 If anything else awesome comes out that we think further balances the game we will post with the necessary information.

You can find the Brawlplusery thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220363

and the gct file here: http://almas.sitesled.com/Codeset/RSBE01.gct

Setups:

Please bring setups! We need brawl and melee, and about 7 more tvs. I've got a very good layout in mind that should be able to fit at least 13 tvs in the apartment. The layout this time should be much less cramped than the last billfest that had ~50 people. We're going to use the kitchen and the patio this time, as well as organizing the main areas better.

Stages:
Starter stages:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's DS

Counterpicks:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Brinstar
Lylat Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Delphino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1
Jungle Japes
Pictochat

Sengin

Smash Ace
I will make an attempt at coming, and if I do I should be able to bring maybe 4 people with me (Flow, Cool, and two others that played brawl).

BEHR

Smash Hero
Im there

Including.

Vilt,Mask who else need a ride?

Vilt

Smash Lord
I'm going. Zero has already reserved a spot in my car.

Behr you better not bail out like last two times. ask your dad now

BEHR

Smash Hero
I'm going. Zero has already reserved a spot in my car.

Behr you better not bail out like last two times. ask your dad now
He will let me go

He probably does not want me to go further then 2 hours. .-.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Fail. Ask bro ask. And if he confirms then you will get a spot in my vehicle.
I should always get a spot bro. ;-;

and dude im going I'll dis obey my dad if I have too.

Vilt

Smash Lord
That's the way bro. You get a spot always but I would just like to know if you dont go so someone who may need a ride can get one ahead of time.

Vilt

Smash Lord
No. I think pepper should be first honestly. xD okay no more of this back to hyping up for BILLFEST!

billbillbillbill

billbillbillbill

billbillbillbill

billbillbillbill

billbillbillbill

billbillbillbill

Lareit

Smash Ace
Running singles and doubles at the same time was chaos, madness and made it impossible to manage anything.

I was going to make it to the next one of these but I think i'll pass now. I had hoped you would of recognized the error after confusion and ineffeincy it casued last time.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Running singles and doubles at the same time was chaos, madness and made it impossible to manage anything.

I was going to make it to the next one of these but I think i'll pass now. I had hoped you would of recognized the error after confusion and ineffeincy it casued last time.
Were you ever there when they were run separately?

If so, then you have the most hare-brained notion of confusion and inefficiency.

Vilt

Smash Lord
It was epic. Just a problem when you have to face a person/team and your partner is busy playing a singles match. It's still too fun tho. That problem just leaves time for 64. o 3o;

Virgincunninglingus

Smash Rookie
Vilt I wanna come with you to this, I love <3 Billllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllls, bromo

I'll dedicate my "story" to HERB when I post it.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Were you ever there when they were run separately?

If so, then you have the most hare-brained notion of confusion and inefficiency.
The first time they were run seperately(mostly)

Finals will always run late so it makes sense to start singles when there is only 1 tv being used for the last 2 sets, but to run both at the same time from the start didn'thappen the first time at Bills.

Top Bottom