• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC#2= VGBootCamp-"BTYF" - Laurel, MD 3/28 + 29, Pre-reg is Over, Sign your Waivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Welcome! VGBootCamp.com Presents:

Brawl 'Til You Fall Will Be The 2nd event on ECRC2!

Put my # number in you phone just in case you need to call me

Calvin : 443-370-2042

Directions from 95

Take exit 33A, 198 East

turn right on 11th street

Instantly turn left onto Montrose Ave

Keep going for a while and you'll end up in a shopping center

The venue is the building that says, "Karate" on the left. Go in through the parking lot side door

Directions from the greenbelt Metro

Either take the 89 or 89M bus

Get off after turning onto Cherrylane. If you pass Laurel High School you've gone too far.

Turn onto 4th street.

Turn right at Montrose Ave into the shopping center. The Venue will be on the left, it says, "Karate". Come in through the parking lot side door.

Here are Some Housing Options::

Comfort Suites 2 minutes from the Venue

If you tell them you only have 2 people it'll cost $90. If you split that between 5 people that's only $18 a piece:

Click Here

Directions From The Venue to Comfort Suites:

Click HERE

"Quality Inn and suites" 2 minutes from the Venue:

Click Here For Rates

Click Here for Directions from the Venue

Smashers Offering Housing:

Falco03

SSR

Noraa

Pre-reg ends 3/25/09. You can still come if you don't Pre-Register but you have to pay an extra $5 dollars towards the venue fee to get in.

How to Register:

Go to www.ECRC2k.com

* Make an account on the ECRC2k
* Go to "Registration" in the "Tournament" section and click on "Brawl til you Fall"
* Scroll down to the bottom and fill out the form

Waiver-You must bring a SIGNED copy of the waiver to the tuorney. If you're under 18 you must make sure one of your parents sign it also! If you are under 18 you cannot spend te night at the venue

http://www.vgbootcamp.com/files/BTYF_Waiver_0.pdf

WE NEED WII'S, SURGE PROTECTORS AND EXTENSION CORDS, PLEASE HELP AND BRING 'EM

*UPDATES*

-Norfair has been Banned

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players will do a 1 stock rematch. this rule does not apply to doubles.

NEW VENUE

927 Fairlawn Ave, Laurel, MD, 20707

The Building says Karate on the front of it.

Heres a Googlmaps top view of it because Google only shows the shopping center if you're trying to get directions:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...03487&t=h&z=19

Venue Rules

-No food or drink besides water

-You can't wear your shoes,( aposl and I are figurign out a way around this)

- You must be at least 18 in order to spend the night saturday. You must also pay $5

- If you don't pre-register and show up, you can enter but yuo have to pay an extra $5 on the venue

PICS

Main Room

Second Room

I know, the red tiles look stupid. But the Punching bags will be removed.

New Venue PLUSES

- 10 TVS

- If you're over 18, you can Spend the night Saturday(For an extra $5)

- It's way bigger than the previous Venue So there's no cap on Pre-Registration

- It's in a shopping center so there are places to eat.

New Venue MINUSES

-You can't bring food or drink in besides water

-you have to take your shoes off at the door(Aposl and I have come up with a solution to this)

-No Live Stream as of right now

-Release forms have to be brought in. If you are under 18 you have to have your parents sign it.

CRISMAS WILL BE SELLING STICKERS HERE

The Wii Numbering System

Every person's Wii will be assigned a Number. Only the person bringing the Wii in and I will know which # has been assigned to their Wii.

IF YOU SEE ANYONE TAKING A WII AT ANYTIME immediately notify Me or Aposl.

If that person has a Wii that does not belong to him or her we will retrieve the Wii, take his or her pic, and kick him or her out. he or she will be banned from any further VGBootCamp tourneys.

The Venue for this is good so Registration will not be limited anymore Registration is Mandatory! Pools will be made before the tourney date so it will start on time and you guys won't have to wait.

Housing

Jcaeser <--- Click Here, he will only house ROB players that he likes, lol

Come on MD/VA, we need more housing, Step it up !

What To Expect

-A Big Trophy!

My brother Aposl

I could not find the following accounts:

Aero(D3)
Basic Sausage
Blood Hawk
BoA
Chaz
Cloud stealth CY
Dory
Fatal
James Z
Jank
Kai
Jingle Joe
LambChops(No pms)
Lee Puff
Light
LOZR
MemphisChains
Milln
Mr. X
Pants
Ryzen Xia

When?

March 28, 2009, and March 29, 2009

Where?

927 Fairlawn Ave, Laurel, MD, 20707

The Building says Karate on the front of it.

Heres a Googlmaps top view of it because Google only shows the shopping center if you're trying to get directions:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...03487&t=h&z=19

Price

-Venue Fee: $10
-Singles: $10
-Doubles: $20 a team($10 a person)

The first 20 people to bring a full set up(TV and a Wii with a copy of brawl) will get $5 dollars of the Venue fee. If you bring multiple set ups your venue fee will be wavered. If you want the set up discount you can't just leave in the middle of the tourney with your set up.

Payout

Singles

1st-60% + Big trophy
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

This will be changed. I don't know the exact percentages for splits between 4th/5th, etc.

Doubles

1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Schedule

Saturday

10:00 AM-Doors open
11:00 AM-Teams Start
5:00-Break, teams End
6:00 PM-Singles Pools Start
12:00 AM-Singles Pools Done(hopefully)

DURING SINGLES POOLS FRIENDLIES ARE NOT TO BE PLAYED. IF YOUR POOL FINISHES EARLY LET A POOLTHAT HAS NOT BEEN SO FORTUNATE USE YOUR TV.

Sunday

10:00 AM-Doors Open
11:00 AM-Singles Start
6:00 PM-End of Singles(OOS can leave, and if they get kicked out early they can probably leave by 4:00PM)
10:00 PM-End of tourney

Rules

-Please arrive on time. If you are late, I can not guarantee you a spot in whatever tourney you are late for.
-There are no refunds.
- Whether you are in a tourney or not, if you are in the venue you must pay the venue fee.
- DO NOT LOAD YOUR GAME THROUGH THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL!!! . If you would like unlimited length replays enabled, I will use my own personal sd card to load the game (sorry I can't trust anyone without knowledge of what codes they have on).
-Trash talking is allowed, and is encouraged! We love the hype! However, please do not distract the players too much at their discretion. Respect their right to focus on a match.
* Any destruction of anyone's property at the venue will not be tolerated, and in the case of such an event, you will be asked to leave.
- No drugs, alcohol, or any crap like that in there. If you have any, you will be kicked out.
-You may not be a commentator on the live stream without first having consent by myself, or any other approved tourney helper there. If you are commentating on the live stream, please act professional. Focus more on the match at hand instead of giving people tons of shutouts in the chat. No cursing at all. By all means keep it lively and fun though. all have an awesome time!

Singles:

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

No Items

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.

Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.

You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

* Counterpick Stages:

o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
o Pokemon Stadium 2
o Jungle Japes

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab.
-Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round

Doubles

- Same standard rules and stages as singles.
- Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
-Stock sharing is allowed.
-Team Attack is on.

People interested in Coming so far(104)

lilB
Yo
Slikvik
Vist
Nacker
TheSage
Jcaeser
Boss
HighandMightyJoe
Kuto
Plank
Thetantalus
Dr,PeePee(OOS)
Okin
Lobos
Lukky
Pyronic~Star
UltimateRazer(OOS)
Hidden Machines
Bigman/Scat(OOS)
Dark Peach(OOS)
Shinku
Pierce7d(OOS)
Korn
Chibpsempai(OOS)
Knightmare516(OOS)
Kadaj(OOS)
~Kawaii Bunny~(OOS)
Coney Isle
Aposl(My Brother)
God-is-my-Rock(Me)
EE-Visu
Rated(OOS, Puerto Rico, O o)
Candy
Gates(OOS)
Deoxys(OOS)
Hova
G-reg
SolidJake(OOS)
OmegaBlackMage(OOS)
Dazwa(OOS)
Malcolm(OOS)
K-9
JJVirus
Mr. Escalator(OOS)
Hylian(OOS)
Kojin
Poyo
Overswarm(OOS)
Ripple(OOS)
Boxob(OOS)
Sethlon(OOS)
Ajax(OOS)
Mitsurugi(OOS)
MisterE
Niko K
Never Knows Best
Player-3
Ruuku
TKD(OOS MEXICO! WTF)
Rei
xzax1337(OOS)
Veril(OOS)
Dotcom,(OOS)
Percon(OOS)
Xisin(OOS)
Seagull
K2(OOS)
Vist
B0mbe1c
Ussi(OOS)
Mister E(OOS)
Sito Sama
JunkintheTrunk(OOS)
KevinM(OOS)
Tc1(OOS)
Cylf(OOS)
DookDigity(OOS)
Dr.Lu
Turbo Gillman
Teh Umby
SnowBallBob
Spec
Blob
Baki
JesusDragon
Bouse
Chillindude829
Chudat
Azen Zagenite
Ally
HolyNightmare
Forte
Sintros
Kai
BassClefAlbert
ThunderHorse+
GuruKid
Chinesahh
PhillyRider807
SilvenX
Baky(OOS)
Alex Strife(OOS)
Crismas(OOS)
Inui(OOS)
Darc(OOS)
Boxman(OOS)
Ched2Krisp
Infi-Tan(OOS)
BloodHawk(OOS)
Jayo
Deez
Nate14

Setups, We need at least 20 setups guys

Venue-10 TVs
GIMR(Me) -( 2TVs and 1 Wii)
Jceaser - (3 TVs and 1) Wii - Free Venue
High and Mighty Joe -( 3 TVs and 1 Wii) - Free Venue
Veri(l 1 TV and 1 Wii) - $5 off venue fee
SolidJake (2 Wii's and 2 TVs)-Free Venue Fee
NikoK (Wii + TV(Maybe)) -$5 off Venuefee
Seagull(TV + Wii)-$5 off Venue Fee
K-9(1 Wii)
Teh Umby-(1 TV+1 Wii, maybe)-$5 off Venue Fee
The Tantalus(1TV + 1Wii) - $5 off venue Fee
Lil B(1 TV + 1 Wii) - $5 off Venue fee
Ched2Krisp(1TV+1 Wii)- $5 off Venue Fee

Total: 27 TVs and 15 Wiis

Most Rules have been copied from COT4

The website is going to be delayed :(

SOVAman

Smash Hero
FIRST HAHA YO

Wtf I can't load with homebrew I want no tripping and I want my infinite replays. You can't trust me to have legitimate codes?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No "no tripping"? :ohwell:

If I bring 3 TVs and a Wii, would that get me a waived venue fee?

I can probably house some OOSers for this. If this gets that big. I hope it does.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
No Tripping and infinite reaplays are allowed. I'm going to put my SD card in though to ensure that those are the only codes on t he card. I trust you guys but I don't know everybody so I have to apply the rule to everybody. I copied it from COT4 BTW I think it's a good rule

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So is this invite only???? (Hence the message about invites)

If so, I would hope I get an invite. I am also good at running the tourney (I've already assisted with many tourneys and ran some tourneys in this area) so if you want a second opinion on seeding or running brackets or just yelling at people to play their matches I can do all that well.

Also, make sure you talk to Solid Jake or OBM about this potentially being ECRC.

If not invite only, you can expect me there with my wii!

Edit: Yes EEvisu I will pick you up for this, this way you don't have to ask and give away your username

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I hope you realize you need an odd number of stages to do stage striking. I suggest adding on PS1 or Lylat.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I hope you realize you need an odd number of stages to do stage striking. I suggest adding on PS1 or Lylat.
Good point, I'm still not sure though if I'm gonna have it. I guess I'll add Lylat for now until I come up with decision

No "no tripping"? :ohwell:

If I bring 3 TVs and a Wii, would that get me a waived venue fee?

I can probably house some OOSers for this. If this gets that big. I hope it does.
Yes you would be wavered full venue fee for your awesomeness. I would deeply appreciate it if you could hous some OOSers

Oh yea, this is not an invite only tourney

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
If it's invite only I totally deserve the invite for me being the only Ness player here lol.

I'd totally prefer stage striking + 1 ban against a cp.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good point, I'm still not sure though if I'm gonna have it. I guess I'll add Lylat for now until I come up with decision

Yes you would be wavered full venue fee for your awesomeness. I would deeply appreciate it if you could hous some OOSers

Oh yea, this is not an invite only tourney
I reccomend keeping stage striking. Everyone around here loves it.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
So is Marth's and Charizard's infinite on Ness banned? Can Ness use pkt to ledgestall?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ooo, a Samus. I've never played one. mm?

I highly doubt this is invite only. That'd be stupid for such a large tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom