• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth Guides Collection (New players look here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
A NEW THREAD HAS BEEN MADE
CLICK HERE

This is a thread that consists of all the great threads that will help advance Marth's metagame. I am taking over JunkInTheTrunk's thread so credit goes to him for the current format. If you know any other threads you feel belong here, just tell me and I will add them.

Guides!
Green is for Everyone.
Yellow is for New players.
Blue for Medium.
Red for Advance.

Video Thread 2.0 (by Steel2nd)http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208505 - A thread of a few good Marth videos.

The Wifi Marth Thread (by BengalsRZ) - Find some wifi buddies to play by posting in this thread.

The Official Marth Video Critique Thread (by Steel2nd) - IF YOU WANT YOUR MARTH CRITIQUED AND YOU HAVE A VIDEO, POST HERE. One of our very own veterans will give you a breakdown of your game and where you can improve.

Marth Matchups (by Steel2nd) - Covers the top/high tier extremely well. Includes links to all character discussions.

How to beat Intense Boss Battles with Marth (by Shadow Light Master) - When you're tired of Brawling and want the challenge of beating the Intense Boss Battles, look here to help you get through it.

Marth FAQ (by Shaya) - Some common questions answered about Marth.

Q & A Thread (by Pierce7d) - If a question isn't answered in the above FAQ thread just ask here.

Playing Smart with Marth (by Steel2nd) - If you have no idea how to approach or have no grasp on Marth's basic metagame, read this.

Hot/Cold Marth Theory, (Error Magin ppl! Read OP)(by **Havok**) - Your emotions have a large impact on your Marth, this thread discusses this.

Marth's True Combos: Character Specific List (by takeurlife2) - A list of all Marth's real combos for every character in the game.

Semi-Advance Marth stuff (by Junk) - This thread has a bunch of little tricks which will speed up your game for various non-neutral situations.

Counterpick Stage Discussion (by BengalsRZ) - Describes and discusses the correct bans and counterpicks for various matchups.

If, Then! : How to fight MK with Marth, A situational Guide (by Pierce7d) - A in-depth situational guide on one of Marths toughest Matchups.

New Marth Tech- Retreating Pivot Grab (by BengalsRZ) - A new AT that allows Marth to pivot grab out of a dash, described and looked upon.

Returning to the Fray- A Guide to Recovery (by BengalsRZ) - A thread that shows how to properly recover with Marth, you must recover.

Marth's Upward Killers: Why aren't you using Marth's utilt... and dsmash?(by Shaya) - Gives more light on killing options for Marth by describing vertical kill moves.

Aggressive vs. Defensive (by Steel2nd) - An essay on aggressive vs. defensive play and how it pertains to you as a Marth player.

Ledge Traps Against You and Your Opponent (by Steel2nd) - Are you getting ledge ***** or can't do anything when they're on the ledge? This is for you.

A guide on fighting Metaknight (by Havok) - A useful, up to date guide on your options versus the dirty Metaknight.

Take 2: A guide on fighting Metaknight (by Kadaj) - Basically another take/more information on this stupid character.

A guide on fighting Snake (by TKD+ITA+Mar=) - Snake is also ridiculously good. Here's an in depth guide to give you all the tools you need to beat him.

Marth's Zones(by Steel2nd) - A good look at Marth's zones, which helps explain where you should keep Marth positioned during matches. Includes visual aids.

An In Depth Look at Footstool Spiking (by shadowofchaos725)http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217053 - If you want to know exactly which characters can get footstool spiked by d-air and how look here.

Class with Junk(by JunkInTheTrunk)http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221943 - Marth advice by JunkInTheTrunk, good for Marths that know the basics and want to advance further, updated weekly.

Offense vs Defense: Which characters do I camp? (by Pierce7d)http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218078 - This thread explains when to use offensive tactics and when to use camp away. Currently incomplete.

How to get way better with Marth (by Junk) - The most recent thread (as of Jan 2009) on Marth's current metagame.

Marth Frame Data (by Steel2nd) - For advance players seeking knowledge on frame data for Marth.

MBR Presents: Marth AT DS Ledge Grab (by 3xSwords)http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216620 - A faster way to regrab the ledge after you drop by using your up b.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I like the color co-ordination ^_^

Maybe you could just put them in order of color. So all the new person guides first, etc. Just a thought to make it easier to sort through.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
One more suggestion. Hope this isn't too much of a pain but you might want to consider adding "date posted" or, if you're up to it, date updated, on these so people who don't check this stuff very often. Just another thought. But it seems like a bit of an annoying task so just a suggestion.

Oh and change the description of Junk's how to get way better with Marth thread. It's not the newest anymore since Pierce's is lol.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Pierce's is about when to use offense and defense. Junks is about how to play all characters and matchups and how to follow up with throws and traps. There is a difference.

I would add dates but I dont see a point in it because I will just keep the most up to date versions of thread types anyways.

Tennet

Smash Champion
Can you change the blue to a more readable shade of blue? It hurts my eyes but other than that this needs a sticky.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
My name is still misspelled :(

Can you fix that for me please?

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Thanks for the sticky update (Jura)Virg.

And I'm not so sure Xat is a good idea. It's cool and all but let's try and keep the links related to Marth's metagame.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Anybody got the Google Cache for another Ulevo thread? The main Marth guide is gone, along with a few of his other threads -_-

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
It has already been added

Over9000signatures
omg
omg
omg
omg
omg
hope it works now
I feel like an idiot... XD

*runs and hides in a corner*

I appreciate how in depth you guys look into perfecting your game... Keep up the good work guys!!!

ark-angel

Smash Cadet
well i was reading a guide on DS and you should add it

"Dancing Blade is the best move in the game"
Emblem Lord

please add it would be a goood improvement

Odigo

Smash Apprentice
You should also add EL's thread on Marth's shield pressure and dtilt traps. Why aren't they already here? :confused:

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Slight update, added Steel's zoning thread and fixed edited some descriptions and stuff.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Why does Ulevo do this??!!
If you want to learn Marth, I suggest you do what I or anyone else seeking to be at the top of the echelon did.

Learn Marth yourself.

It was nothing more than a waste of my time. I thought that me deleting the information would be an indication to you I didn't want it published. Being a smart *** isn't an exception.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
If you want to learn Marth, I suggest you do what I or anyone else seeking to be at the top of the echelon did.

Learn Marth yourself.

It was nothing more than a waste of my time. I thought that me deleting the information would be an indication to you I didn't want it published. Being a smart *** isn't an exception.
Ulevo can you please tell me why exactly you don't want your threads to be viewed anymore and why you delete everything? You of course have all rights to remove your post but i'd like to know why because it is a great loss to the Marth boards and the boards in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom