• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Captain Falcon Combo

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
So it was a knee to a footstool. I never thought to use a footstool for a kill. It's risky, but it could work. I could try to work to see if i could repeat this. If it works for me i'll post back

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Ah, that is sweet, but I'll be busy for the rest of the year sooo
Maybe next holidays. School starts tomorrow =3

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Sexy

But when will a footstool kill when a sweet knee won't?
Low percents, can setup to nudge combo for more ownage. You can't tech a footstool.

This is pretty awesome looking :D

But yeah, what I said is just a hypothesis, if you can land a knee then footstool em, it would setup for them hitting the ground and whatever we do there, like nudge combo or dair. Since footstool's can't be teched, theres some combo possibility.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
How does one perform this..

If its easy we would have been doing for ages as one will (almost) always try to follow up (with a second jump) as quick as possible

Nice find though, maybe we should look into the footstools combo ability overall (not just after a knee)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
How does one perform this..

If its easy we would have been doing for ages as one will (almost) always try to follow up (with a second jump) as quick as possible

Nice find though, maybe we should look into the footstools combo ability overall (not just after a knee)
It would be any move (with a particular frame of hit) whose lag (frames after hitting) is strictly less than the hitlag the move creates (for hitting on that frame).
Parentheticals are important.

It appears the sweetspot knee was fast enough to get a jump... or had special IASA.
I expect the property would be rare, but it could possibly exist on other moves. Only ones with 'pause of awesome' hitlag, though.

Zeallyx

Or maybe even DAir -> Sweet Knee -> Footstool -> Aerial Falcon Kick
Yesz
I'll look into it

also, if we can get the 'landing hitbox' of the falcon kick to also connect (together with the falcon kicks aerial hitbox) that would do 24% damage.

Dair (=14% damage) > (footstool = 0% damage) > aerial falcon kick (both hitboxes connect = 23% damage) = 37% damage

if we can get both hitboxes of the falcon kick to connect after a knee>footstool (probably not, but we can try)

that would be

Dair (14%) > Knee (19%) > aerial falcon kick (both hitboxes connect = 24%) = 57%

that is some nice damage right thar

Zeallyx

I may have something

Vid: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=fzqc6dH8SCY

The vid contains a demonstration of a SH Rising Uair>footstool>Aerial falcon kick

also, while trying this, I thought maybe a falling Uair>(SH) Nair might be inescapable at lower percents. not sure though..

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
This is NOT a combo, at all. The Falcon knees Fox. But the "cinematic" lag was ended because one of Fox' FAir kicks hits Falcon. Falcon then jumped, resulting in a footstool.

One way or another, I'd rather knee and NOT get hit.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
This is NOT a combo, at all. The Falcon knees Fox. But the "cinematic" lag was ended because one of Fox' FAir kicks hits Falcon. Falcon then jumped, resulting in a footstool.

One way or another, I'd rather knee and NOT get hit.
If that's the reason why we haven't seen it before, it's still be a combo, just almost impossible to pull off.

DeactoVater

Smash Cadet
it would be funny if there is an easier way to do it everytime.
and it was used as a show off move. lol

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
What you're implying is that we end out ending lag to...footstool.

1. We can't end our own lag. Therefore, it's not even possible for us to call it a combo.

2. Would you rather Knee, or footstool? A footstool is recoverable at any %. Knee r da reel shiz.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Sorry, should've quoted Wogrim. And why do I always sound pissed off? I'm not... :(

****** **** *** ****!!
Its your avatar. He looks like hes throwing a temper tantrum lol.
But I was actually surprised you guys were considering this one for so long... It seems like more or less a joke finisher to really shame your opponent.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
What you're implying is that we end out ending lag to...footstool.

1. We can't end our own lag. Therefore, it's not even possible for us to call it a combo.

2. Would you rather Knee, or footstool? A footstool is recoverable at any %. Knee r da reel shiz.
1. All combos require your opponent to be in some sort of position. Some are standing on stage, some are in the air, this one just happens to require your oponent to be attacking with a weak nondisjointed hitbox so that you can trade hits with sweet knee and be able to do stuff before he flies away because you traded a lot of lag for a bit of hitstun.

2. No, footstool is not always recoverable, especially in psychological stun after being sweet-kneed. I agree that I'd be plenty happy leaving it at just a sweet knee though.

Player-3

Smash Hero
this would only work on moves that have multi hits,
Fox fair, snake nair, snake dair possibly, falco fair, etc.

and on snake i would much rather knee > footstool.

causing him to cypher..
fo another free knee...
YESZ

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
I was talking with my friends about this move and I came to the conclusion that this is situational and risky but very useful. I did this a couple of times and it to be useful. Who wouldn't do this? If I talked to much im sorry. I'd rate this as 7 out of 10. Again sorry if this offended you.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
I was talking with my friends about this move and I came to the conclusion that this is situational and risky but very useful. I did this a couple of times and it to be useful. Who wouldn't do this? If I talked to much im sorry. I'd rate this as 7 out of 10. Again sorry if this offended you.
Hell, alot of the stuff is situational, better to have yet another sexy move in our arsenal for the situations. Falcon profits off of the opponents mistakes, might as well learn every half baked AT out there for it.

Like FLAMEDASHING >: D

Player-3

Smash Hero
Hell, alot of the stuff is situational, better to have yet another sexy move in our arsenal for the situations. Falcon profits off of the opponents mistakes, might as well learn every half baked AT out there for it.

Like FLAMEDASHING >: D
THIS THREAD CONTAINS FLAMEDASH!!?!?!

ATs dont make a good player..
Ts make a good player...

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
1. All combos require your opponent to be in some sort of position. Some are standing on stage, some are in the air, this one just happens to require your oponent to be attacking with a weak nondisjointed hitbox so that you can trade hits with sweet knee and be able to do stuff before he flies away because you traded a lot of lag for a bit of hitstun.

2. No, footstool is not always recoverable, especially in psychological stun after being sweet-kneed. I agree that I'd be plenty happy leaving it at just a sweet knee though.

1. You can't plan a flinch. It's kinda like that video "Self-Knee?" Falcon knees. Lucas' FAir causes flinch. (Only difference is that Lucas' FAir has noticable knockback, and the knee wasn; t sweetspotted.) It's not a combo because we can't cause flinches, nor can we end our own lag. If we could, Falcon would be waaaaaaaaaay higher than his current position. (Not only tier list, but also the minds of Smashers. (Only real men respect Falcon.)

2. I mean, a knee at 0% won't kill at the middle of Final Destination. At 200%, it will kill. If you footstool someone at 0%, and 200%, what difference will you really see? That's what I mean.

Top Bottom