• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side b grab release to footstool works on these ELEVEN chars

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you catch them with the side b offstage, then hold the direction the side b went and mash Y or X as soon as you see them break out. This works on:

Meta
Jiggz
Olimar
Ness
Kirby
Wario
Luigi
Ice climbers
Mario (Can DI slightly)
Toon link (Can DI slightly)
Game and watch (Can DI slightly)

Can someone test jigglypuff? The footstool seemed to be delayed a fraction of a second but still worked... I don't know if she can escape it.

What it means when it says they can DI slightly, is that its still a true combo but after the grab break for some reason they can DI and escape the footstool. You still can DI yourself to their head and footstool them tho, so it is a true combo.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, Nice to know it works on characters that come off the stage to try and get you haha

kirby and wario, good **** =]

Dekar173

Justice Man
Now that is some sexy work Chrome. Beat me to it, I was planning on testing this with a friend tonight :[ hahaha. Good **** man, constantly progressing Diddy's meta :D

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Now. If only there was a guaranteed combo to make the diddy hump off stage easier to execute.

ADHD

Smash Hero
This is good against olimar, it's actually kind of hard to edgeguard olimars iwth diddy as crazy as it sounds. Even if you hit them with peanuts and bananas offstage they can still sometimes get back on. I'm going to stop them for good now! :mad:

Oh and the dash attack diddy hump does work, but the footstool isn't powerful enough to kill them... You could dash attack > SH dair and then when they are coming back up side b grab them but its really risky especially against metaknight. I'm not sure when wario would ever fall into this...

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
I know first hand on Kirby:)

Today I did this to a Kirby after being sucked up and thrown way under SV. Last stock each. It was so nasty, I have the replay on my wii.

DUB

Smash Lord
Now. If only there was a guaranteed combo to make the diddy hump off stage easier to execute.
There could just be.

The d-tilt has low knockback and pops them up a little above you and infront of you. Do it near the edge and see if you can get it. If you miss it you can b-air them if their still open or air dodged it. But yeah, d-tilt is the move that's been most reliable for me. I've got it a few times after a dash attack off but thats got a lower success rate. Try the d-tilt out.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm going to be testing a little bit more chars and I'll tell you if I find anything more.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Also works on luigi and ice climbers, it's going to be so much fun to gimp nana XD

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Couldnt Luigi use the Down B Tornado move after the footstool to get him self back up on the stage and then do an Up B anyways?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Couldnt Luigi use the Down B Tornado move after the footstool to get him self back up on the stage and then do an Up B anyways?
Barrel spike/if he is trying to gimp you most likely his second jump is used if you side b grab him, therefor he can't tornado upwards after that.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Doesn't luigi need his second jump to do the tornado? You footstool his 2nd jump. You might not since when I play yoshi, I get footstooled mid air but I can still use my second jump. It's weird.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Why would you dash attack to side b in the first place the footstool isn't long enough to kill them from that height.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hmm can anyone try to test on snake cuz i 50-50 pull it off but di is gigantic xD

ADHD

Smash Hero
It doesn't work on heavies/fast-fallers and even if it does work in some scenario easily escapable for them. I've tested this.

The footstool is easiest to land on luigi, metaknight, and wario. For the others it's not that it's difficult, its just the timing has to be a little more exact than these three.

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
wow thats hilarious i was JUST about to post a thread about this with a video but someone beat me to it >.<
anyways good job on figuring it out!

BrawlerBoy987

Smash Rookie
Dash attack--->Diddy Hump? :confused:
I've only tested this combo possibility on Metaknight so far, for obvious reasons..
I found that this IS a true combo, but only under certain conditions:

First, the MK has to be standing very close to the edge; almost right on it.

Second, the only way the follow-up side-B will latch FOR SURE is if only the very end of the dash attack nips them before you mash side-B. It shouldn't make multiple contacts with him; just one.

Thirdly, and this is the catch, this will only be 100% successful if the MK is about 35% damage or under.

So, in conclusion, you shouldn't take the risk against a more experienced MK, as he could easily see your dash attack coming and counter you. Also, if you ARE going to take the risk against a more casual/average MK, make sure you perform it fairly early in the game, or when he loses a stock, because THAT way the combo will have more chance of being inescapable AND it will also get you an early gimp.

Top Bottom