• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mass Bros. 2: Now With Wicked Hot CoHost - March 7th - Greenfield, Ma -SSBB/M

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
GET HYPED! Super Mass Bros. is coming back and we're looking to you to provide even more Spairs. Remember kids, Spair kills at Captain Falcon at 901%. DON'T QUESTION IT! JUST DO IT!

SUPER MASS BROS.*​

*Name Courtesy of Maine's Greatest Fiendlord​

Four Rivers Charter Public School
248 Colrain Rd.
Greenfield, Ma 01301

PRICING AND SCHEDULE

All Events are $5 per person(Thusly $10 a team)
Venue fee is $5

10 - Doors Open
10:30 - Registration for Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles and Brawl Singles starts
End of Reg - Brawl Doubles Starts
End of Brawl Doubles -Half Hour Sign Ups for Melee Singles and Brawl Singles/Food Break/Freeplay
- Melee Singles Starts
End of Melee Singles - Sign ups for Brawl singles, 15-30 minute(Depends on timing) Food Break/Free Play
Brawl Singles End - Friendlies and congrats to your awesome TO
(Schedule Subject to change. I promise to update the thread and make it known if anything does change.)

RULESETS

BRAWL

• 3 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes two stages for the entire set. One neutral stage, one counterpick stage. The neutral can't be played on the first game, and the counterpick can't be used during the set. Consider the chosen neutral a counterpick stage, and the chosen counterpick a banned stage. You can Strike a nuetral twice(the first turns it into a counterpick, the second striking it from that list as well.)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise.
• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned (The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 250% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.)
• Dedede's Standing Infinite IS BANNED. The wall infinite, because there are no permawalled stages on is legal but is subject to the 250% stalling rule.(This rule is for clarification purposes. If you have an issue with me bring it up, I'm willing to reconsider this one. If swayed, but keep in mind there are no permenant walls, and the stages with walls can be banned, can be avoided. There are characters that can't be chain grabbed that can help you avoid the walls if need be.)

Starters(Set to Random)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter Picks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are banned.

MELEE

• 4 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen. The chosen stage may not be used during the entire set.
• You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound, Wobbling forever), are banned. Wobbling by itself is allowed, capped at 250%.

Starters
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams

Counters
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle 64
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Corneria

All other stages are banned.

General Rules:

• The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
-2 Minutes Late – Warning
-4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
-6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

CONTACT INFO

Ace/MdrnDayMercutio - 413-455-5385
Call me if you need anything, and if you're trying to make it for a specific event I will see if there's anything I can do for you or update you as to where we are in relation to it currently.

Spife is the man with directions though. Call me and I'll get a hold of him if needed, not sure if he'd want his stuff here or not.

GET HYPED PEOPLE!

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Melee Players need to show up. I know you guys are out there, so why the hell was I running an 11 man Melee tourney last time?

And by I, I mean Matt and Nuro cause it was Round Robin and I was freaking hungry.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
First post by a Zelda Main...

And an official Sheik secondary!!! I learned how to DACUS so you might see some actually decent Sheik action from me this time.

spreading the hype.

and...... uuhh..... you should make it so that Zelda mains get a special handicap so that whoever they face will have to be at 150%... That way I can win some money this time...

Spife

Smash Master
and...... uuhh..... you should make it so that Zelda/Link mains get a special handicap so that whoever they face will have to be at 150%... That way I can win some money this time...
This. Except instead of 150% just make it Link dittos or no bad match ups for Links.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
First post by a Zelda Main...

And an official Sheik secondary!!! I learned how to DACUS so you might see some actually decent Sheik action from me this time.

spreading the hype.

and...... uuhh..... you should make it so that Zelda mains get a special handicap so that whoever they face will have to be at 150%... That way I can win some money this time...
Or I could just play really well in doubles this time, for a change.

Riot I wanna play you, I've been working on my Zelda, and to a lesser extent my Sheik. But I need to know what the best Zelda in New England thinks of my progress.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
lol at my super-awesome title. Of course we can play, but Zelda dittos suck so I'll be whoever else I feel like, you could also play my friends and I'll just watch carefully and give helpful advice, mixed in with some really bad advice of course...

I wish... tournaments were so close that I could play all sheik at one just to get a feel for how I would do and be able to go play another tournament right away as Zelda to make myself feel better lol.

Spife

Smash Master

Spife

Smash Master
gonna go talk to them today about the 7th, and I'm gonna assume the same thing as last time. Ace we should see about getting some money together each tourny to pay me for my awesome venue finding skills for the next venue. There was some spill over (right?) and I'm not sure if that's what your intention with it was but I don't want you to have to dig into your wallet for the venue right now, and I"m just ****ing broke so no help here :chuckle:
I just fear something going wrong and not having enough venue fee.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Venue fee will be fine. Spill over was stored away as just in case money. When it gets high enough I'll see about getting supplies and ****e. No worries sir.

So Dazwa, how about that there money match. Someone with as many mains as you probably plays like DK or something right?

BombermanFanatic

Smash Cadet
I am SO going to be there! You guys are awesome for organizing this. Hopefully I'll do better than I did last time. It was my 1st tourney so I was nervous and worked up over getting a speeding ticket. I'll not shame Marth mainers again.

ALso, I might be able to bring a full Brawl setup.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I'll probably be bringing the same set-up as last time, but maybe a smaller T.V. since that one was difficult to fit...

/hype

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Something people will know, because everyone is stupid..... HONESTLY Slr.V = Sailor Venus!

zomg

Something everyone knows... hmm... uhh. we can go with the powerpuffs if u want to this time.

Spife

Smash Master
The 7th is legit, talking to them about monthly. Hopefully, hopefully.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
That's been the plan, I just didn't know if Spife was ever gunna go back and get things set up.

:p

Hopefully they're down. No idea if we can use the space over the summer though. Hopefully if not we'll have to find an allternate for those three months. We'll see what happens.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
am coming to win melee singles!
It would be nice if one of you guys would be my partner. I missed out on doubles last time.

Spife

Smash Master
yeah I'm not sure about the summer but it will cost less because of no heating needed (or plowing or insurance of slipping on ice etc etc).

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
if my dad up too driving ill hopefully make this :)
we're rematching Riot, this time Dtilt spam will be escaped! ;P

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
if my dad up too driving ill hopefully make this :)
we're rematching Riot, this time Dtilt spam will be escaped! ;P
Snake friendlies are always more than welcome! I look forward to playing you again.

I will probably ask for a few matches with my Sheik too if you don't mind. She wants practice and needs it desperately!

Edit: And if you go to Mass Madness we could just play there, since it is sooner ^_^

Top Bottom