• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey random question

TjpDragon

Smash Rookie
Dont know if this is in right section or not if so im sry :/
So my friend is a BEAST with olimar no joke...
but i play as mario and captain falcon and he knows how to oblitorate them
who would you say is the best against olimar?
i pick up charecters quick so if ya sudgest one ill try him out on sunday when im with him.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Peach

1. She has no "element" which means that all of Oli's Pikmin will get damaged.

2. Practically all of her aerials cover her whole body, meaning she can easily get rid of Pikmin attached to her.

3. She can also use Toad as a projectile (When Pikmin are attached to her)

There are some more facts, but that's all I can think of at the momen.t

TjpDragon

Smash Rookie
hmmm peach. never played as her in melee -.-' not once... not played as her in brawl either... got some training to do. and ive tried metaknight... i hurt him 33%... 5 stock match...

Katapultar

Smash Lord
if you really want to use a character to beat olimar, use lucario. sure, his AS gets blocked by olimars FB> but Lucario can DT to use the pikmin stuck onto him to his advantage, i think so

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Peach is really good against olimar. So is marth and yoshi can be good if you are good with him. As peach, you want to try to stay floaty a lot and watch out for oli's pivot grab if you approach with fair. When you float as peach oli can't grab her because she is above the ground. Oli's playstyle, for the most part, is based off of grabbing. She also has a ton of priority over a lot of olimar's moves. Her Fair cancels out our fair if you approach from the air with one, dair stops usmash utilt. It's just a crazy matchup, but the oli can win if he knows how to fight it.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Yeah I'd have to say Peach. Theres a pretty big gap between her and any other character when it comes to Oli's bad matchups. If you don't like Peach, Marth and Weegee are also nice options, but are easier to handle for Oli then Peach.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Use the Q&A thread btw. I understand not wanting to thoroughly search for bad matchups, but the Q&A is right at the top :p

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I can understand you haveing trouble beating an oli with CF, but yeah peach is a good matchup agianst olimar, a good deal of her attacks can shake off all the pikmin on her, and her crown is just a fun way to kill oli,

TjpDragon

Smash Rookie
wow thx guys. alot of help. and sry new to forums didnt see Q&A so sry for wrong place :). But ya im decent with luigi in melee dont think hes much different in brawl. but ill try luigi and peach. thx

asob4

Smash Champion
you can try peach but it's only 60-40!!!!!
listen to me peoples!!!

marth is your best bet
easy to pick up and has advantage

Cook

Smash Master
you can try peach but it's only 60-40!!!!!
listen to me peoples!!!

marth is your best bet
easy to pick up and has advantage
I agree that Peach isn't that bad, as long as you're patient. I think Luigi is tougher. Well, I think MK is the worst, but Luigi's pretty tough.

Top Bottom