• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FirustheHedgehog's Favorite Quotes

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hello all. This blog is mostly for keeping my quotes in one place that I can link to in my sig, but feel free to just read them for whatever reason and comment. If you don't understand a quote, chances are high that it's an inside joke. Or it might just be something rather stupid that you don't notice at first. Either way, feel free to ask and I'll try to explain. And yes, I have a LOT. I like a lot of quotes.

SmashBoards Quotes

"Sakurai is a communist." - __V

"life is one long agonizing 0-death combo" - 56k

"If con is the opposite of pro, then what in the world is the opposite of progress?" - The Boss of God

"American politics is like a constant battle between good and evil, but there is no good." - Zook

"I don't want fighting games to have no learning curve, but I don't want glitches either." - Johnny Pteran
"Then why do you play Brawl?" - Cinder

"That was not very polite."
"Neither was you calling me Canadian." - Mithx (Chat with iGod)

"Every time you play Brawl, a puppy dies." - Cinder

"You cut up the Latino Frog.

Isn't that enough man?!

ISN'T THAT ENOUGH?!" - Yaya

"Arceus is a robot goat ballerina and I hate it." - Spire III

"She is a Video Game Succubus, but just lacks the 'form of a beatiful women' and instead takes the form of some wrist breaking, puupy loving, clueless broad." -Cammie in one Sentence by Puddin

"My grammars are good, I did not troll, this topic isn't trolling, I'm just trying to let the members not to say any offensive to me. And it's you if you said I have terrible grammars and spelling, and you know what, how should I report your post like that? Oh yes, telling me that I have bad grammars and spelling, how should you teach me like that? You know what, it's time to make my report." - MaxfireXSA

"CRESSELIA !?!?!? FOR ALL I CARE SHE'S A FLYING FAIL OF A CROISSANT TRYING TO BE A JELLY DOUGHNUT. ITS SERIOUSLY HORRIBLE. PLUS HOW TO OBTAIN IT IS EQUALLY HORRIBLE. I MEAN YOUR GOING TO CHASE FOR THAT FLYING JELLY CROISSANT AND IT TOTALLY SUCKS. ITS A **** WASTE OF A MASTER BALL OR ANY POKEBALL FOR THAT MATTER. I BET FIRUS' SHAYMIN CAN BEAT THAT POOR EXCUSE FOR A POKEMON! GAH!" - Darkslash

"Some people will just be stupid forever." - Meta-Kirby

"I don't know how to tell you this, but you have Nostalgia Cancer. I say you have about a month to live, remember the good days when you didn't HAVE nostalgia cancer?" - Meta-Kirby

"Pokemon>sex I thought everybody knew that." - Niiro

"The reason Brawl was slowed down is because Nintendo is stupid and tries to casualise everything for the soccer moms who think Wii Fit is a good game and think Wii Music is a game." - freeman123

"Well the red ring of death is better than the white Wii of boredom. >_>" - Meta-Kirby

"Blah, I'm like....drifting in and out of sleep I'm gonna hit the gay." - Meta-Kirby

"YES! I've always longed for the day a Pokémon battle would start instead of a religion debate!" - Frown

"My god, you people have no talent. My sprite looks like a pile of Lapras ****. Thanks for nothing, douches. :mad:" - Zook

"Apparently, Bloody Mary was supposed to kill me in my sleep last night. I guess she had a busy schedule :ohwell:" - Bowser King

"Half the reason Nintendo's conference sucked was because she (Cammie) wouldn't shut up about her wrist." - Crazymofo123

"WE LOVE NINTENDO BECAUSE THEY MAKE COOL GAMES WITH MOTION CENSORS" - SkylerOcon

"Nintendo games are best played between the ages of 6 and 11, particularly 8. You find them difficult, you are not biased because you've not had much gaming experience, you find yourself scared, in love, and just totally mystified by everything they have to offer." - Spire V

"Play Melee." - 90% of the people who contributed to "Play SSBB forever."

"Leave me alone ***holes, I want a good amount of space while I'm on fire" - Falconv1.0

"Let's all join hands and say "**** YOU" to **** like that" - Falconv1.0

Movie/TV Show/Video Game Quotes

"It's inevitable...when you grow up, your heart dies..." - Allison Reynolds, The Breakfast Club

"Screws fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place." - John Bender, The Breakfast Club

"The stomach knows not ugly." - Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

"Maybe that's why I like animals so much; they tell it like it is. Moo! Quack! Bark! That's straight shooting!" - Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

"Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
-Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off

"Hah! There's no strength in numbers." - Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic '06

"All men wear masks - whether it be over their faces, or over their hearts..." - Godot, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations

"DO A BARREL ROLL!" - Peppy Hare, Star Fox 64

"Wait a minute, Joe. if what you're saying is true, then I...still don't care..." - Dave Nelson, NewsRadio

"Dave, we're not circumventing it, we're just trying to get around it!"
-Beth, NewsRadio

"Wait a minute! Big Bird's NOT on our side?!"
-Matthew Brock, NewsRadio

"You know what your problem is, Dave? You're like one of those diseased fish at the pet store that has to be kept in its own little separate tank all by itself. The only problem is, you're still with the other fish!"
-Lisa Miller, NewsRadio

"Have you ever heard the expression 'When life gives you lemons, make lemonade and then throw it in the face of the person who gave you the lemons until they give you the oranges you asked for in the first place'?" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

"Good fortune happy lucky big time for you and family!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

"This guy's name is SKYE MAXIMUS. What a dork!" - Joe Garrelli, NewsRadio

"Yes! It was a lot like the Monster Mash, except this was definitely not a graveyard smash." - Matthew Brock, NewsRadio

"Look at my arms flailing. I'm like a flamingo on Ritalin." - Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory

"...Let me step in and assure you that my research will go on uninterrupted and that social relationships will continue to baffle and repulse me. Thank you." - Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory

"Matthew: Whatever you say, Lisa Miller Johnson, or should I say, 'Join Lamros in hell'!
Lisa: Who's 'Lamros'?
Matthew: Wouldn't you hate to find out!?" - NewsRadio

"Max: Looks like someone rode in on the ***** bus today.
Joe: That dude ain't riding the ***** bus, he's driving it." - NewsRadio

"Actually, I fight a LITTLE bit worse than a girl." - Matthew Brock, NewsRadio

"I know, I'm not a COMPLETE idiot...*Accidentally fires loaded spear gun at the wall*...maybe I AM a complete idiot." - Matthew Brock, NewsRadio

"This is what silence sounds like." - Animal Crossing: City Folk's sound options

"I object! That was...objectionable!" - Miles Edgeworth, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

"Survival is overrated -- you have to live a little, too." - Celeste, Mirror's Edge

Lyrics

"But there was a silence/A deafening silence/More brilliant than anything..." - Begin Again From the Beginning by The Ataris

"And the clouds above move closer/Looking so dissatisfied/And the ground below grew colder/As they put you down inside/But the heartless wind kept blowing, blowing."
-Valentine's Day by Linkin Park

"And we'll walk from this dark room for the last time"
-Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol

"When we were only kids/And our time couldn't end/And how tall did we stand/With the world in our hands?"
-Shadows and Regrets by Yellowcard

"It's just like being alone..."
-Kill by Jimmy Eat World

"So go on, love/Leave while there's still hope for escape/Got to take what you can these days/There's so much ahead/And so much regret/I know what you want to say/I know it but can't help feeling differently/I loved you, and I should have said it/But tell me, just what has it ever meant?"
-Kill by Jimmy Eat World

"You should see the canals are freezing/You should see me high/You should just be here/Be with me here/It doesn't seem there's hope for me, I let you down/But I won't give in now not for any amount/Don't it feel like sunshine after all?/The world we loved, forever gone..."
-The World You Love by Jimmy Eat World

"You'll sit alone forever/If you wait for the right time/What are you hoping for?/I'm here, I'm now, I'm ready/Holding on tight/Don't give away the end/The one thing that stays mine..."
-23 by Jimmy Eat World

"I will run the streets and hostile lands/I will touch the rain with all I have/I will breathe the air, to scream it loud/My feet will never touch the ground"
-Heaven by Angels & Airwaves

"And the world will begin/Exactly how it ends"
-Heaven by Angels & Airwaves

"It's not the lies that you sing/But what the silence will scream"
-A Whisper & A Clamor by Anberlin

"With downcast eyes/There's more to living than being alive" - Alexithymia by Anberlin

"Life is only/As good as the memories we make/And I'm taking back what belongs to me/Polaroids of classrooms unattended/These relics of remembrance/Are just like shipwrecks/Only they're gone faster than the smell after it rains..." - So Long, Astoria by The Ataris

Quotes from my life

"The last galaxy is a Metroid. Peace is in captivity."

"This looks disgusting. Want it?"

"Because apparently, copyright infringement is illegal."

"Can you help me make World of Warcraft?"

"Always save before opening a package of bread."

"It's like Magnesium except Copper instead of Magnesium."

"Sometimes I wish the game would just put me down."

*I prepare to serve a volleyball*
"Come on! I believe in you like Ash believes in Pikachu!"
*The ball falls short of the net*
"...Or maybe Bulbasaur."

"It's like pie except for a treadmill."

"Don't create paradoxes, they cause the universe to poke everyone in the universe in the eye simultaneously."

"they had worse spelln gthan me"

"I've been so deprived of sleep that I constantly sleep deprived."

"Bacon fixes me."

"Grammar is Peace
Spelling is Freedom
Punctuation is Power"

"You can't be killed by a metaphorical bat."

"Death is like Florida. There's a lot of old people there."

"I think that's the Mysterious Mr. Gnome."
"...That's toilet paper."

"Going to Grandma's is very bold."

"When you get a flat tire, you just want to...die!"

"That hole is gapular."

"We can't hear you because we're ignoring your face."

"It's pizza, what is there to fix about it?!"

"Meekshun!"

"It's like evade but with pirates."

"$6 sith free shipping"

"I can't think of what Amusement Ceased is. Unless you mean the Wii."

"It would've been funny if I'd died?"
"That would've made it more awesome."
(Funny IM message placement)

"At least I'm in a healthy relationship -- well, okay, at least I'm in a relationship!"

"Every time I go around a corner I blow up."

"Plastic Halloween ninjas."

"What, did someone come back from drinking, open the dresser drawer, and vomit?"
"There is a 30% chance that that is EXACTLY what happened."

"You are a living parabola."

"We need to figure out what the universe is."
"Okay, hold on."

"LOOP OF DECEPTION!"

"Red ring of death! Best birthday present ever!"

"Wait, you have pants now?"

"Don't use a simile on my penguin."

"I got a fly Pikachu"

"Get off my field sweetheart...why are you so queer?!" - JMD

Other Quotes

"Do not save [things] in .jpg format. Even if somebody is holding a gun to your head." - A Pokemon spriting guide

"To the victor goes the shovelware." - A random person on another forum who didn't understand the meaning of the phrase "To the victor goes the spoils"

A theory on what the Pokemon anime actually is - Anonymous (Yes, it's so long that I had to link to it; but I really love this entire theory, even if it is novel-length)

"In Galaxy, Bowser just comes along and snatches Peach, then Mario goes on a linear and boring platforming acid trip through space!" - A YouTube comment responding to a comment declaring Galaxy's plot better than Sunshine's

"We will all come to the point in our life where we have to admit that we feel defeated, that something has conquered us. We must change, not because we want to, but because we desperately have to. We can not take life in its current suffocating state, even to admit such desperation shows that we are feeling deserted, wandering the barren desert, a shell of our former selves. It is only up from here, it is impossible to sink any lower into ourselves or our circumstances. But we can be salvaged, a deliverance. No vice can stand, no fix can take. The thorn in the side can be removed, but you have to be willing to admit and surrender. Surrender your habits, your lifestyle, your past, your present, and your future. This is your new surrender. The new surrender." - Stephen Christian

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I didn't "miss" it, it's just not a huge favorite of mine. It's funny, but not as funny as others.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
No MaxfireXSA? O.o

Ha, but those are some pretty cool quotes.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The volleyball quote got me. Thanks for sharing, Firus, and thanks for mentioning me! You have my permission to omit the 'like' in my quote so as to help the fluidity of the sentence.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No MaxfireXSA? O.o

Ha, but those are some pretty cool quotes.
Dang, I forgot to add some from him. I'll have to track down a few...

Thank you.

I made the list? Why thank you, Firus.

The magnesium one made me lol.
Of course. =D

And yeah, isn't that one funny? I'm trying to remember how that one happened...
Oh yeah, my friend and I were discussing which was easier to say, "Octacuagenpus" or "Cuagnesium" (yes, we have a lot of pointless arguments, and "cuag" is a random, unrelated inside joke which is hard to explain), and I was saying that Cuagnesium was like Magnesium with a Cu instead of an M. My friend misinterpreted what I was saying as the Chemical Symbols rather than just the first letter(s), so he said "Except that's copper." So then I jokingly said, "Yeah, it's like Magnesium except Copper instead of Magnesium."
Yay for AIM logs.
Nice quotes. I liked the flamingo one.
Thanks.

Yeah maybe your taste is different..

Big bang theory all the way tho
Yup. Probably my favorite currently-running show (as you can probably tell from my quotes, NewsRadiois my favorite all-time TV show).

The volleyball quote got me. Thanks for sharing, Firus, and thanks for mentioning me! You have my permission to omit the 'like' in my quote so as to help the fluidity of the sentence.
Haha, yeah, when my friend said that I burst out laughing. Not just because I fail at volleyball, either.

And of course I mentioned you, that was a great quote. I'll remove the like, thanks for the permission.

EDIT: Spire's quote has been updated and a hilarious Maxfire quote has been added.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hey, Firus!

You put Latino Frog in?

FTW.
Haha, yes. I was looking back through the pages of TCPS for...something, I can't recall what it was, and I saw that line and I had to add it onto my list.

Needs more PLAY MELEEEE
The "Play Melee" speaks for itself. Especially when it comes to me. :p

Fixed lulz.
That's actually not what he said. He said something to that effect, but the exact quote is from The Boss of God.

Wow I'm up there yay.
What is NewsRadio?
NewsRadio is a TV Show that was playing new episodes from 1995-1999, starring people such as Dave Foley, Phil Hartman, and Andy...okay seriously, WHY does his name have to be censored? Anyways, it had an awesome cast, and was a sitcom about a group of people working in a radio station. If you care for more information, you can find it here.

Liex Link

Smash Apprentice
Haha, yes. I was looking back through the pages of TCPS for...something, I can't recall what it was, and I saw that line and I had to add it onto my list.

The "Play Melee" speaks for itself. Especially when it comes to me. :p

That's actually not what he said. He said something to that effect, but the exact quote is from The Boss of God.

NewsRadio is a TV Show that was playing new episodes from 1995-1999, starring people such as Dave Foley, Phil Hartman, and Andy...okay seriously, WHY does his name have to be censored? Anyways, it had an awesome cast, and was a sitcom about a group of people working in a radio station. If you care for more information, you can find it here.
Lol NewsRadio was the TV show my mom always used to watch.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Nice quotes, brings back old laughs.

We should have a "mod quotes" section, they seem to have a bunch of funny ones

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Lotsa spaghetti good quotes, though you're definitely missing a lot of good SWF quotes.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Meh, I know there are other "good" quotes. But I only choose the ones of personal importance to me or ones that stood out to me.

Top Bottom