• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official "Rate My Falco" Thread!

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman

The Official "Rate My Falco" Thread

Hello there SWF Falco players! I was looking around our board and noticed a fair amount of people asking for advice on their Falco, so I figured we could use a topic like this, many of other character boards have them. I'll be using the layout and rules the Marth boards use because they are set out nicely. Thanks to Steel2nd from the Marth boards, the layout and rules were all his work.

~~~~~

Rules

1. Do not post more than 2 or 3 vids (Just one is usually preferred) or else we will not know which to look at. Keep it nice and simple and post the ones where you think best represent your Falco play style.

2. After your vid(s) is/are critiqued, I would ask you refrain from posting any more vids for at least a week or so. This way you can fully implement any help we may give you and then see how you have progressed.

3. Let us know if you would like a full analyzation of your match so we can point out individual mistakes and then explain what the better option would be or if you would simply prefer a general overview. If you would like both, then say so.

ALSO NOTE: Posting Falco ditto matches is generally frowned upon, because just like dittos for every character, Falco dittos are gay. Try not to post them, but if the only videos you have are Falco dittos, then it is alright.

Critique Archive

firemario149
Critique: Vlade, Hawks go Caw

~~~~~

Alright, that is all. Please post away people.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
What are we basing our rating out of? Do we give them a rating out of 10?

Or do we just treat this like we would any "hey guys how's my falco" thread?

bowz

Smash Journeyman
I kind of like individual threads myself. It actually keeps separate players' videos more organized, along with the feedback.

But no real complaints here.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
What are we basing our rating out of? Do we give them a rating out of 10?

Or do we just treat this like we would any "hey guys how's my falco" thread?
Well I was thinking you just tell the person ways they could improve. But giving them a rating sounds like a good idea if you could add that in too.

How about we do this like the Marth boards >___>
And how do the Marth boards do it?

I kind of like individual threads myself. It actually keeps separate players' videos more organized, along with the feedback.

But no real complaints here.
Personally I find this way more neat and organized but I understand what you mean.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't see how a rating out of 10 would help. You can't really say someone is perfect, I suggest just giving tips on any parts where they made mistakes.

Post away, guys.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Clowsui, I looked at the Marth thread and it seems pretty well organized, I will update the OP to something similar now.
What, do they archive all the videos in the first post so nobody gets ignored?
I'mma go see for myself.

Edit: Nice update, adding the rules.
I'll give my opinion on the first video, and probably just avoid this thread after. :laugh:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Whoa, there's a pretty big list.
Every character board needs one of these threads, we've seen too many.
Hope this gets stickied.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I like having individual threads so that more people will participate in the critique process :)

Hopefully everyone will contribute in this thread, because i like it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I like having individual threads so that more people will participate in the critique process :)

Hopefully everyone will contribute in this thread, because i like it.
At least this thread can organize all of the videos. :bee:

Vlade

Social Outcast
First thing I noticed - MOAR LAZERS!

You should be using way more of them, it's the reason he's top tier.

Also, why didn't you chaingrab?

When your opponent is at kill %, don't go into 'kill mode' where you just spam smashes. Better opponents will avoid them and punish you severely if you just go for the kill. You should be patient and maintain your spacing with lasers, and wait for the opening. Unfortunately falco isn't a great killer, and a lot of opponents I verse live until over 150% at times.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
You need more lasers. But not just more lasers. BETTER lasers are necessary.

The point of SHDL is to control space, and that's not what your lasers are doing. Mario could've just stood there to avoid them the way you were shooting. From what I see, right now you're just short hopping and firing. You need to short hop > pause > then fire. Otherwise, you'll shoot a laser in the middle of your rise and the top of your fall which ends up in closely spaced shots that are easily avoidable.

This is what SHDL should look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRht1NgMvGQ&feature=related

That's the main technique error that stood out to me the most.

Edit:

Also, it's good to mix things up, but generally, you shouldn't Firebird to recover when you can phantasm. It's essentially asking to be gimped.

Top Bottom