• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RESULTS: IT'S SOVA BABY!!! - Melee Revival!!! 1/31/09

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Click --->TOURNEY THREAD

Woooowww biggest tourney for Smash we've ever had in SoVa (even before Brawl came out!), despite a good number of people bailing and not being able to make it...so good **** everyone =D

OH SNAP I just realized something:
We ran a 16 teams doubles bracket in 2.5-3 hours....and THEN we ran a 41 man singles tourney WITH POOLS in 4 1/2 hours!!!!!

SuperSpecialSupreme Thanks to CABOOSE! (for...everything. Taking the heat from the school, esp :( and for taking care of the setups and the reservation and...yeah man. Obviously couldn't have happened without your help)

Thanks to everyone who:
traveled
helped out (with pools/brackets/running ****/etcetcetc)
brought setups
helped with recording
helped with commentary
etc
etc
etc

THANKS TO ALL THE MANY PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY ENTERED!!! (not a put down at those who didn't)
<3

Doubles Results
16 Teams (!!!)

1: Topebear & The Sky Princess (Tope & Cyrain) ($96.00)
2: Puff'n'Cutts (Ether & Schoolie Dee) ($48.00)
3: KP & S-Man (kp sman) ($16.00)
4: Toap & Psyrayne (Speed Yoshi & Famous Kevin)
5: Ganon Force (Geos & Deezzz)
5: VA Catfish (toasty & LoZR)
7: Team Speed Yoshi Sucks (Juan & Caboose)
7: Malco & Him (Malco & Jwolf)
9: Sloppy Chops (TC & Darksyde)
9: Team Andromeda (IV & Rhan)
9: Area of Rescue Assistance (O-NO & Coreygames)
9: MaSHi Beats His Stick (CStick & MaSHi)
13: Reptars On Ice (Favid & Tamillow) <---lololol best team name ^_^
13: Kicks & Giggliez (Linkomac & Master Shake)
13: Roy N Friends (Riku&Pitzer)
13: Team Unicorn (SK & Harpo)

Singles Results:
41 ENTRANTS!!!!!

(Pools Results after Bracket Results)
1: LoZR ($120.00) <---Fox
2: Tope ($60.00) <---Sheik/Fox
3: Ether ($20.00) <---Marth/Fox
4: CStick ($5.00) <---GANON
5: S-man
5: GEOS
7: Cyrain
7: KP
9: Juan
9: toasty
9: Coreygames
9: MaSHi
13: TLoZ
13: IV
13: SpeedYoshi
13: O-NO

BRACKETS WERE COMPLETELY RANDOMIZED AFTER POOLS RESULTS WERE INPUT (fairest way to do it, according to Pools Seeding, according to Tope)

Pools Results (1st and 2nd Seed Advance):

1st Seed:
KP
Cyrain
toasty
GEOS
Tope
Ether
TLoZ
LoZR

2nd Seed:
O-NO
IV
MaSHi
CStick
SpeedYoshi
Juan
Coreygames
S-man

3rd Seed (tied for 17th):
TC
ndn
Rhan
59JS
Riku
Deez
Schoolie Dee
Tamillow

4th Seed (tied for 25th):
Caboose
Kathleen
Twiddle
Poehlcat
CREL
Some Guy
PTZR
M3RC

5th Seed (tied for 33rd):
Malco
Favid
Darksyde
G-mon
Unrealperson
Cinder
Shab
Declan
Whodat

Sorry to those who had to leave early during pools. Teams started late [lots of teams were stuck in traffic and such...even though I told them to leave early :(..but there were a few other factors as well]

For those who saw the live feed during most of the entire day, I'm sorry. I had my computer infected by a Trojan last night and my computer was all effed and slow so the stream wasn't working well at all...we just left it going and didn't devote time to commentating until the end of the tournament.

Losers Finals and Grand Finals were AMAAAAAAAAAAZING especially with the live feed, so thank you to everyone who checked it out..hope you enjoyed it.

Now that I've got a decent handle on how to work it in, it'll be a lot better next time around ^_^

EXPECT ANOTHER ONE...(an even BIGGER one)...IN APRIL OR MAY.
($10 entry per person, per event)

::::Videos will have to wait until Malco either gets them to me (I don't mind if you do that, I'll put them up) or puts them up himself::::

[oh yeah, thanks for recording!!!!!!!!]

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
I loved this tourney. Sova feels just like home when i come visit. THX to otis always being the man housing. I love VA

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
1: Topebear & The Sky Princess (Tope & Cyrain) ---->Over. Whelming. Good ****.
2: Puff'n'Cutts (Ether & Schoolie Dee) ---->****IN-A RIGHT SON!!!! Soooo close in Grand Finals!!! WOW
3: KP & S-Man (kp sman) ---->still can't accept that one :( [maybe it's cuz I can't take S-Man seriously, ever.]
4: Toap & Psyrayne (Speed Yoshi & Famous Kevin) ---->Steppin it up...I have your pin, FamKev ;)
5: Ganon Force (Geos & Deezzz) ---->good to see you guys again, good ****
5: VA Catfish (toasty & LoZR) ---->Catfish did NOT approve of the team name I gave us :( Sorry for the SD man...we need to wear tags LOL
7: Team Speed Yoshi Sucks (Juan & Caboose) ---->I think the name won you so many matches ^_^
7: Malco & Him (Malco & Jwolf) ---->"good spit"...JWolf, good to know you're entering singles next time
9: Sloppy Chops (TC & Darksyde)---->we all have those odd starts, hope to see you guys again :)
9: Team Andromeda (IV & Rhan)---->didn't get to see any of your matches :(
9: Area of Rescue Assistance (O-NO & Coreygames)---->also didn't get to see any of your matches :(
9: MaSHi Beats His Stick (CStick & MaSHi)---->what happened???
13: Reptars On Ice (Favid & Tamillow) ---->lololol best team name ^_^
13: Kicks & Giggliez (Linkomac & Master Shake)---->hope to see you at more of these :)
13: Roy N Friends (Riku&Pitzer) ----> I hope that all you guys do next time around is CC-dtilt-fair...it'll be too good [both of you!]
13: Team Unicorn (SK & Harpo)---->awwww, good to see you again Mark!!!! SK---we'll team for sure for Melee some time soon =D

1st Seed:
KP --- did we play?
Cyrain --- ugh...we played :(
toasty --- STEP THAT **** UP, SON!
GEOS --- <3<3<3!!!!!!!
Tope --- goooood ****, almost had it buddy.
Ether --- Vincent...........Mother. ****ing. Amazing. So proud of you dude =D
TLoZ --- gahhh we didn't play any singles :(
LoZR --- we tried man...

2nd Seed:
O-NO --- stepping up teh gheyz, really glad to see you enjoying yourself like the old days
IV --- so humble and chill :) Good set! And good **** beating ndn!
MaSHi --- woooow I was surprised as **** ^_^ LOL and you were too ;) too bad I didn't have my ID for that place afterward :(
CStick --- ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmganon. So proud of you! (took a match off Ether's Marth too?!?!?!?) ****ing rapist.
SpeedYoshi --- I didn't really see any of your matches :(
Juan --- Same :(
Coreygames --- dammmmmiiiit we didn't get to finish playing. you're the **** man, great attitude and everything. see you at Genesis, if anything?
S-man --- Again: I really can't ever take you seriously :( I need to forget that I'm playing you. It feels like it did when I first started playing Melee against Kadaj after he got pretty good...but that's my problem, not yours :) I'll come by some time and play when I'm in NN

TC --- didn't get to see your matches :(
ndn --- awww I was a horrible Accountabilibuddy. I didn't see **** so I couldn't cheer you on...
Rhan --- so much heart. I love you man. Cool Samus, you're gettin there. MORE MISSILES!
59JS --- we didn't get to play :(!!!
Riku --- thanks for the help, and good **** man
Deez --- didn't get to see your matches :(
Schoolie Dee --- sorry for the misunderstanding about who advances ;__;
Tamillow --- sorry you had to leave early! thank you so much for coming through and entering anyway!!! you and your teammate were both quite good, hope to see you at whatever other Melee event I throw =D (will copy pasta for Favid XD)

Caboose --- King BooseBooseBoose. You know the deal, homie.
Kathleen --- thanks a lot for coming through and entering! hope you enjoyed it
Twiddle --- gahhhhhhhhhhhh I was freaking out man :( :( :( good **** @ beating me LOL
Poehlcat --- **** girl you smell like a BIScuit.
CREL --- Super.
Some Guy --- sorry we didn't get to talk at all :( or even play!!! hope y'all come to more events...
PTZR --- didn't get to see your matches :(
M3RC --- same as for Some Guy. We should all get together some time to play, where are you guys from?

Malco --- thank you sooo much for your help, it'll go a long way for sure =D
Favid --- sorry you had to leave early! thank you so much for coming through and entering anyway!!! you and your teammate were both quite good, hope to see you at whatever other Melee event I throw =D
Darksyde --- **** yo good ****ing set...minus the last 15 seconds :( I took it as a personal favor to me that you entered [esp considering all the crap you went through so you could make it to SoVa! wow man...don't get discouraged man, your Falcon has gotten crazy good]
G-mon --- sorry Henry couldn't make it.
Unrealperson --- I didn't watch, but I heard that match with Tope, LOLLL
Cinder --- good games. you need more confidence in your playstyle, like that sexy, albeit textbook, ledgedrop-bair edgeguard ^_^!!!
Shab --- glad you had a good time
Declan --- man, musta done a lot of driving today huh...thanks for coming through!
Whodat --- Dude. Thank you. It's all about the scene man. <3

D0N!!!!! You're like my tourney point-man. Definitely a valuable and dependable member of "toasty's TO(o goodz) Squad".
Kadaj...lol. <3

Everyone else: sorry if I forgot ya.

Good times, I can't even fall asleep XD

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
D0N: was going to thank you before leaving but you were gone by the time i came back down. tys for helping out with running **** and cleaning up and such. was a really big help man

all you other messyass n1ggas: learn to clean up after yourselves >_>

D0N

Smash Ace
I didnt mean to leave unanounced but I got hungry lol. By the time I got food everyone left or was leaving. I was happy to help out Toasty/Caboose.

I cant really do shoutouts here since I didnt play in the tourney, but the matches I saw were fun to watch.

Cinder

Smash Master
Good **** y'all...I got my *** handed to me, but MAN was it fun ^^; I'll do shoutouts later...I'm still at the hotel, and I'm just lazy :B

And I'll be keeping an eye out for those vids, too ^^;

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Toasty: youre more dedicated and less lazy then me so If you want Ill send you the vids.

rhan

Smash Hero
1st Seed:
KP - Thanks for the ride. I love you. :p
Cyrain - Thanks for the MM. I knew I was probably gonna lose off the bat but you'd never know until you try. Thanks again bro. :)
toasty - You over powered me....Fox vs Samus is aghaghagh lol Good **** though. Now beat my Young Link with Fox. :)
GEOS - You're CF is amazing...
Tope - Don't ever shave.
Ether - I still need to play you! AGH It sucks how I always forget to. :(
TLoZ - Hi. :)
LoZR - Good **** on winning. NC <3 Be prepared at HERB. :)

2nd Seed:
O-NO - This man...Funniest dude in SoVA. I swear..you're the Dave Chapelle of SoVA. Good stuff in Sheik dittos. I'll be trainin up to challenge you once again.
IV - We gotta have team practice sessions if we're ever gonna team in the future... lol When I get my car since Gloucester and Williamsburg is closer then Newport News n such I'll drive to your house so we can get some trainin. :p
MaSHi - Quit Marth.....
CStick - Ganon son! Good ****
SpeedYoshi - No johns. :p jk. I wanna play you next time.
Juan - Hi. :)
Coreygames - OMFG THE SAMUS PLAYER!!!! I learned so much about Samus from just watching the few times I have. You're amazing. Thanks for coming out here bro. :)
S-man - :p

TC - Hi. :)
ndn - I didn't play you this time around. But I think I'm confident in myself to ask for a rematch from the last High Score Tourney. YL vs CF! Let's get it!
Rhan - Just stick to your main. Never doubt him.
59JS - Hi. :)
Riku - Thanks for bringing the gamebridge disc even though my ancient laptop can't support the software... We need to play sometime. Teams, singles, CREW BATTLE??? ANYTHING! lol
Deez - Good **** in teams with GEOS. We didn't really stand a chance. lol Gonon is such a man...
Schoolie Dee - DAMMIT. I knew there was something I forgot to do.... Next times it's on. Jiggs vs Young Link. <.<
Tamillow - Hi. :) lol this is like the 4th time I did this to a person I didn't know.

Caboose - You're an amazing person. Thanks for the room, the games, the laughs, and the epicness of SoVA! We owe you so much for this. Caboose <3
Kathleen - Hi. :)
Twiddle - OH MAN. Jiggs. You was whooping me after pools was done.... I think nerves just got the best of you at the moment. I wanna play some more though. I need help in the Jiggs match up. :)
Poehlcat - I need to play you next time we're in the same room.
CREL - Hi. :)
Some Guy - Random.
PTZR - You need to chill on your mouth.... Good **** in team friendlies. I really think we should hav teamed insted. Sorry IV. :(
M3RC - Hi. :)

Malco - LOL You're O-No's sidekick of funny. You are off the wall at times and random but we love you for that. lol Don't change. lool
Favid - Hi. :)
Darksyde - OH MAN. Dude....I was sooooooooo scared in our pool match. Falcon is one of my worse matchups...I think the only reason I won was cause you was a little steamed and maybe wasn't really focusing. :( I want a rematch next time you come up or if I go to NC.
G-mon - UPSET! lol We love you.
Unrealperson - HAHAHA Dude more matches. Fun stuff.
Cinder - Man. Too bad we only got to play ONE MATCH.... Maybe when I get my license I'll come up to Richmond sometime just to play TR and you. It's not that far from my location.
Shab - Hi. :)
Declan - Hi. :)
Whodat - OMFG. You are amazing. It was a pleasure to see you there. Nice commentary! LOL

Other people:
D0N - You're amazing. The tourney ran even more smoothy. Thanks for helping out Melee even though you play Brawl. You're amazing.
JWolf - We didn't get to play any singles. We need to play sometime.

To all.......

SoVA!!!!!!! <333333333333333333333

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Wish i woulda entered singles. But money is a ***** right now

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
This was a really big turnout. not to shabby, im really glad to see sova stepping it up.

im at work so i cant drop really big shoutiez but...

N.C.

Good **** guys. its ALWAYS a blast having youall out here. your welcome at my place anytime. congratz to Lozr for taking first

WVA crew! (coreygames) dude, your awesome. nuff said but im still saying more. good **** in teams. we came really close to winning the matches we did loose and diddent do to bad as a randomly thrown together team. keep up that samus man.

TR. <3 you guys are amazing! Congratz again to Geos.

CNU, you guys are to much. we really need to get games in more often. sova would not be the same without CNU.

SS, good **** guys. Except Kitsune. you suck jason XD

and one BIG shoutie for Caboose. pulling these things together and getting venues is hard man. thanks for hosting helping keep SoVA on the map.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
and one BIG shoutie for Caboose. pulling these things together and getting venues is hard man.
Seconded.

Ill write my essay of a shoutout post later.

im so beat from today........ (college interviews have so much pressure involved; how did u all do this ****?)

Cinder

Smash Master
And now that I'm home and settled in, I shall do my shouties ^^; I didn't talk to a lot of people, so don't take it personally if I don't say anything to you...that, and I missed getting a few people's tags, soooo...

1st Seed:
KP --- Never got to talk to ya :(
Cyrain --- Good ****, as always, man...Twiddle and I are DEFINATELY coming up soon for some Smash...I need the practice ^^;
toasty --- <3 and thanks for the pointers, and the Doc dittos XD
GEOS --- I only watched you this time around, but still, as always, good ****...
Tope --- Same as Geos...I need to start going to your place for some Smash as soon as I get mah **** license...
Ether --- I hate your Marth XD
TLoZ --- Never talked to ya :(
LoZR --- Congrats on the win...

2nd Seed:
O-NO --- Didn't get to play you this time around D: still, it was good seein' ya again...
IV --- Never talked :(
MaSHi --- I never played you D:
CStick --- *applause* <3 that Ganon of yours (even though I didn't get to play it XD)
SpeedYoshi --- didn't get to talk to ya :(
Juan --- that Falcon...*shudders*
Coreygames --- I shouldn't have tried taking your Samus with Falcon XD I KNEW I shoulda used Doc XD
S-man --- never talked :(

TC --- never talked :(
ndn --- never talked :(
Rhan --- ONLY ONE MATCH D: still, that Young Link...ouch...hopefully we can get you up to J. Sarge when I start hosting...
59JS --- never played ya :(
Riku --- never talked :(
Deez --- man, those were some D*MN good friendlies ^^; we need to play again sometime, man...
Schoolie Dee --- your Jiggs...it's ****...
Tamillow --- good to see ya again Daniel ^^; we need to get you and David over more often...

Caboose --- thanks for everything man...we all owe you big time...
Kathleen --- don't know if I played you...
Twiddle --- we're getting there, Trey...thanks for telling me about this, and thanks for being such a great friend...I don't know what I'd do without friends like you...
Poehlcat --- don't know if I played you...
CREL --- didn't get to play you :(
Some Guy --- I ALMOST had your Falcon in pools D: good ****...
PTZR --- didn't get to play you :(
M3RC --- didn't get to play you :(

Malco --- didn't get to play you :(
Favid --- I hate your Sheik, David...I hate your Sheik XD...but yeah, good ****...we need to get you and Daniel up here soon...
Darksyde --- didn't get to play you, but your Falcon is amazing from what I saw ^^; keep up the good work...
G-mon --- didn't get to play you :(
Unrealperson --- didn't get to play you :(
Cinder --- work on that Doc XD but you're getting there, man *pats shoulder* you're getting the--how the hell did I just pat my own shoulder O_o
Shab --- didn't get to play you :(
Declan --- didn't get to play you :(
Whodat --- didn't get to play you :(

And now, for two people whose tags I didn't get...

That Link user (not Twiddle) who I teamed with --- good **** man...sorry for being such a destructive teammate XD
That girl using Mario and Ness --- good fights...I'm sorry we couldn't have gotten a few more in...maybe next time...

Yeah, sorry about not gettin' those tags...I feel like such an idiot XD

And a shoutout to my buddy Jay --- you're getting there, man...for someone so new to the scene, you did a great job...Trey and I are so proud of you, man...I know you hate the game at times, but stick with it...believe it or not, the day where you can take on the pros will come...just have faith in yourself and keep fighting, no matter how hard the opposition crushes you...take it from the guy who got four-stocked by Savedge while he was smoking and still trying to wake up in less than a minute XD

And finally, a shoutout to my father --- dad, thank you so much for driving us down to Norfolk...I know I ask for a lot at times, but whether or not I say it, I appreciate everything you do for me and my friends...I couldn't ask for a better parent...you do so much for me, and rarely ask for anything in return...I only hope I can be half as kind a father as you...

And with that, I'd like to mention that I'm working on hosting tourneys at J. Sarge (Parham road campus), so I'll post a thread for that when things become more......set in stone...

toasty

Smash Hero
And finally, a shoutout to my father --- dad, thank you so much for driving us down to Norfolk...I know I ask for a lot at times, but whether or not I say it, I appreciate everything you do for me and my friends...I couldn't ask for a better parent...you do so much for me, and rarely ask for anything in return...I only hope I can be half as kind a father as you...
This .

CStick

Smash Lord
Catfishermen: good seeing you guys. Also, omg @ 59JS. We need to do more dittos in a non-stressful environment i.e. as friendlies. I think I suddenly developed asthma for a second

Richmond: Good stuff, good matches. Glad to see that you guys still play melee. Hopefully it keeps up and comes back for everyone else

O-NO: good stuff coming out of retirement at a high-note.

Ether: I hate you. I let you win on purpose so you could beat Tope, and you squander! DAMMIT! >.> lol, good matches (except for that third one, which I'm pretending didn't happen)

SS: we ****. Except Jason. We hate you :p

NDN: squander. You know it, too. Good job coming out and still unleashing ****, though

Toasty: good stuff rigging the brackets for yourself :p lol, good job running the tourney as smoothly and fairly as possible.

Coreygames: if you learn alot and have fun, the drive is never for nothing in my opinion.

KP: campcampcampcampcampcampcampcampcampcampcampcampcampcampcampcamp caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmppppppppp more against Ganon. It's like people don't believe me. My reverse psychology mindgames are too good I guess.

everyone else: always a pleasure...no homo

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
I lol'd.
I decided not to wear the pin because I didn't want people to actually start calling me Famous Kevin.

Cstick - Let's get some friendlies when we can. Good **** in singles.

NC guys - Great seeing you guys. Congrats, LoZR.

Tope - D.AMN

Cyrain - Wake up.

GEOS - Really impressive. Good ****.

O-NO - Come play with us more!

Ether - It was fun playing a few doubles friendlies with you. Let's play some singles.

Rhan - Let's do it.

Boose - <3

Corigames

Smash Hero
Dudes... I'm so ****ing tired right now. I drove all the way back in god time to catch the super bowl and now I'm hella tired.

I'll shout out sometime soon. Get those videos up and tell me if I'm in any. If it was on that little white TV, I was ******. ;)

First shout-out though:
To the rest of the WV crew- Good rep guys. The entire crew placed in the top 10 so, nice ****. Keep up the good work and maybe next time, with some better playing and less tired johns, we can take the tourny.

Link O maC

Smash Cadet
Good **** everyone, sry I couldn't stay too long, guess you could say I was overwhelmed, and took my gf up on her offer :ohwell:
See everyone's still awesome, and a lot of you have gotten better.
Hopefully I can get some practice in before the next one :)

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Did all of the pools matches that got played on the recording TV actually get recorded? Hoping we can finally get some vids of Deez up.

Edit - Why were Speed Yoshi & Famous Kevin named after Tope and I? xD

Corigames

Smash Hero
Cyrain, I call a MM rematch the next time we meet BEFORE it's 10 minutes to the end of the tourny XD

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Awesome tourny Toasty/Caboose. That tournament was exactly what ive been missing from the sova smash scene. It was too much fun. Now for shout outs. For those who dont know this is Juan

toasty --- Didnt play you much but like i said, thanks for setting up this amazing event. We'll have to do some friendlies next time

GEOS --- Wish I couldve played you more than once, those upsmashes you do got me so much. Crazy falcon, your playstyle is awesome

Tope --- Good **** on 2nd. The one set we played had me laughing the whole time. "****!...****!...Im so good you just kill yourself"

Ether --- Love actually seeing you show up for tournaments ;) Those singles matches were so much fun. Your marth is so **** fast/flashy. 3rd place! you represented sova well.

O-NO --- A pleasure to have you around to commentate as always. Glad to see you back playing melee. I nearly cried when i read your thread a few months back saying you quit melee. You should DEFINITELY come by and play more smash at CNU. O and that dreamcast game...i was terrible at it

IV --- Fun singles matches, your marth mindgamed me all day.

CStick --- Wish i couldve played you, glad to see you stuck to ganon throughout the tournament

Caboose --- thanks for hosting :D Our team was awesome...double knee to warlock kick spike!? first time thats ever happened im sure.

Cinder --- Those singles we did were fun, glad i got to play you some. Hope to see you at future tournaments

Mashi --- i gotta play you in singles at some point. All i hear from everyone is how well your marth spaces and how tricky you can be.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
epic epic turn out and entrance. beast tourney. everyone did very well. haha. good **** to everyone. i would still love to play, but i may be playing brawl now. =[. unless melee can still be alive. haha. cause i know this is the most we've had in sova i believe lol. if it stays this big then i will still play melee. =]

turtlecake

Smash Journeyman
AWWWWWWW YEAH C STICK REPPIN THAT GANON GOOD **** MAH BOY KEEP IT UP, GET THAT MONEY BABY

caps

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Cyrain, I call a MM rematch the next time we meet BEFORE it's 10 minutes to the end of the tourny XD
Sounds good, my friend. Who knows when I'll be seeing you again tho? o_O

@ Mashi - Well, if it was the biggest turnout SoVa has ever had (also considering that NoVa/MD and a few others didn't even make it) then maybe it's a sign. =D
If everyone both good and bad at melee continue to play, we could easily bring about a second generation.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
haha yeah i know what you're talking about. i mean....will it happen again? rofl. if it does then i'll still have faith in melee lol. see you guys next time =P

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Had alot of fun at this tourney. Big props to Boose again 4 havin the venue and dealin with the dumb RA.

Shouties:
Toasty- Beautiful tourney. Biggest one in SoVA eva. Good **** man esp 4 yellin at Ether to play.
Pitzer- Hopefully next time we'll get more than 2 mins to warm up 4 teams.
Rhan- We def need to get some matches in next time.
WhoDat- Good **** reppin the scene.
Unreal- Of all people, y u have to be the one to break the flow?
Ether- Way to rep SoVA BABY!!!!! Don't be tryin to squander sayin u don't wanna enter singles.
C-Stick- It's The Mutha****** Gannon Cannon. Good ****.
Famous- U and yo **** Maple Story.
Kadaj- Thanx 4 the Brawl Matches.
DON- Good **** 4 helpin out man.
SS- Good **** everyone. Cept Jason again.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
when's the next sova tourney? brawl or melee rofl. i know you said melee like...3-4 months? or 2-3? i forgot. i wanna get ready for whatever is coming next.

toasty

Smash Hero
Regarding future SoVa tournaments:

There will be smaller tournaments for both Melee AND Brawl in the coming months [two Brawl tourneys THIS month, actually...but you know how BlackG and I do...Short Notice n ****] but nothing that I'm really going to go crazy with putting effort into so we can have a guaranteed good turnout with people AND setups.

People should know by now that if you come to a tournament in SoVa and you're able to bring a setup, just bring it. Especially TVs. We always need them and they ALWAYS make events run more smoothly.

oh and I lied about both Brawl tourneys this month being small...the one at the end of the month will be a big SOVA event.

It's a farewell party!!!

For TWO of our beloved SoVa characters ^_^

...more on this later =D

I don't have any projected plans for Melee events yet, though.

It's kind of a hassle to hold events at ODU because Caboose HAS to be present at ALL times...and that is a very long time for one man, even a (teddy) bear-of-a-man like Caboose, to be confined to a loud chaotic room with potential for excess body heat and odor XD

The only way I'd ask him to do us the service of reserving that place on a more frequent basis would be if people were willing to pay venue fees. Really really small ones [like...1 or 2 bucks]...but they'd go right to Caboose's pocket :)

ALSO:

Please clean up your ****. That is another major inconvenience. Most of you are great, but it only takes one of you messy *****es to ruin ****. If it persists, venue fees will be permanent, or increased when they're imposed.

Vids will be up in the next few days, I'll make a thread when they're up.

OH! right...I forgot to explain the other reason they are far apart:

I know SoVa all too well. Attendance will be complete crap if there are too many huge tourneys in close proximity. Hell even if there weren't, when people show up and get wrecked, too many of them don't wanna deal with it anymore.

and the next huge Melee event I wanna throw will be $10 entry PER event!!!

That **** is in April, most likely. Soooo you've got time to save up if money is an issue. No Johns.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm only doing that drive again if it's closer or just as big if not bigger.

I'm not going down there for a 20 man tourny or something >_>

toasty

Smash Hero
right. the one in April will be hyped, no worries ^_^

Keep in mind that there was a lot more interest in our tourney but a lack of rides. Attendance would have hit FIFTY!!!! [a couple of my friends couldn't make it in time, and about 9 people from NoVa and MD wanted to come but didn't have rides...they'll be at the April tourney almost guaranteed]

hope to see you again before Genesis! We hardly got to play :( And my Pika is complete trash now, so that must not've even been a fun half-of-a-match for you >_> [back in my prime, even ANTHER said he liked my Pika...and AXE was still an eager up-and-comer then...man those were the days ^_^]

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well I guess that makes me an eager up-and-comer since so many people like my Samus.

I just need to make sure to get the day off the day of the ride so that I don't have to mozey into town at 11pm.

toasty

Smash Hero
I don't know what vids Malco recorded...he might had to delete some to make room for Losers/Grand Finals but I'm not sure. He recorded at uber amazing quality though =D

I'll give everyone updates on everything as soon as I know the info...esp the date for the April one. Unfortunately that will have to wait a bit :(

Top Bottom