• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCT Presents: Mango Juice - a MELEE Tournament (March 21, 2009) RESULTS posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoo

Smash Champion

too freaking good!

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4925

Neal and Champ Tournament Series presents

MANGO JUICE

Host: NealDT, Champ, Mango, and VANS
2900 North E. Street
San Bernardino, CA 92404

WHEN: March 21, 2009

SCHEDULE:

10:00 AM: Signed up/ warm ups
12:00 PM: Doubles Tournament Starts
3:00 PM: Singles Pools
6:00 PM: 32/48 man Singles Bracket Starts
10:00PM: Award Ceremony
Midnight: Venue Closes

COST:
Venue Fee: $5 to the church. It's mandatory
Singles Fee: $10
Doubles Fee: $20

Azen's stupid rule: If you come after the sign up ends. You will have to pay $5 more to enter the tournament. NO JOHNS! This is to make sure people don't come late and slow down the tournament. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Just tell some1 to sign up for you instead.

Prizes:
doubles:
1st: 58%
2nd - 28%
3rd - 9%
4th - 5%

singles:
1st- 56%
2nd - 26%
3rd - 8%
4th - 5%
5th - 3%
6th - 2%

Melee Rules

* 8 minute time limit on all matches.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, a new match will be play. One stock with random stage. Both players get one reset.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.
* Wobbling is allowed.

Pools:

All players will be evenly distributed into 8 or 16 pools depending on tournament turn-out. Players will compete against all competitors in their pool, best of 3. The top 2-3 players in each pool will move on to the bracket. This will create a 32/48 man bracket. Pools matches will use the same rule as the bracket matches.

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 4 stock.
* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.

Stages:

Neutral:
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only)
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

counterpicks:
Pokefloats
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City (Singles Only)
Brinstar
Green Greens
Corneria

MANGO TV
There will be a Mango TV during the whole tournament. What that mean is, Mango will be playing on that TV from when the tournament start till it ends. People can come up and play with him. The TV will also be live stream the whole tournament! So you can watch Mango rayp for the whole day!

SET UP:
Please bring set ups! It will help the tournament run faster and much more smoother

TV:
1. Champ
2. RejK
3. Shroomed
4. Shroomed
5. RejK
6. RejK
7. RejK
8. Jmex
9. embracethe12
10. festizzio
11. the greater leon
12. pepsibeatzcoke
13. EMAN
14. Zoap
15. Champ
16. Connor
17. shroomed
18. shroomed
19. Kira

Cube/Wii
1. Champ
2. Rejk
3. Shroomed
4. Shroomed
5. Jmex
6. embracethe12
7. festizzio
8. the greater leon
9. sbeezy
10. pepsibeatzcoke
11. EMAN
12. Zoap
13. Tee aye eye
14. JDM
15. Connor
16. C0rnb33f
17. shroomed
18. shroomed
19. Kira

Contacts:
aim: xuerarit
phone - 562 552 4903

Took the layout from SCSA thread and modify it.

Charoo

Smash Champion
it wont be a champ combo tourney. It's a tourney for mango but I'm actually asking some1 else for all the stuff. The person is a secret though =p

long story short, this was something we agreed on for a while now, but never had the chance to do it. Now we can.

So yeah. For now melee for sure. There could be brawl if Mango or my secret partner wants it hehe

It would be in norwalk or cerritos, ca. It's gonna happen for sure though. I just need to get the confirmation on the venue.

DJMirror

Smash Master
100% sure this will be all Melee unless...you guys put in brawl to get more people

saw mango playing brawl at dsf's tournament recently...FREAKING *****!!!!

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
this is next month
mine is this month

champ are we teaming??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
wow champ just made an incredible break through in spam threads.

apparently it's OK to post whatever you want in a thread as long as it's followed by a tentative date for a questionable tournament that may or may not happen. Take notes everyone.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
So yeah. For now melee for sure. There could be brawl if Mango wants it hehe

LOL!!! good one

By the way its no breakthrough. If I see you do this once , I will allow it in case the tourney is real. However once I see you do it once I won't believe you next time and the thread will be locked, so sure it might work once per person =P

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
here that? once per person that's like 3 times per person in PacWest with all the multiple accounts

Charoo

Smash Champion
this is next month
mine is this month

champ are we teaming??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
if this is the next melee tourney i see u then yes. If not then the one before this.

please stop spamming in my thread Edrees. Trying to announce a tourney here !

Charoo

Smash Champion
btw I'll be asking questions when u registering. ALL the question will be about Mango. here's an example:

Did Mango won pound 3?

do ur research now.

getting the question right will give u some raffle ticket for free prizes hopefully.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Mango juice sounds pretty good. When I buy Kern's Nectar at school, I usually get Mango flavor. (Or Peach...!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom