• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TKI 2: Read last post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
I thought id get this up asap. Im looking for information regarding when people would prefer this tournament and general feedback.

Date:

OPTION 1
----------
I break from University from the 5th to the 27th of April (approximately) I initially was expecting to host within this time period. However, Im away in Barecelona from the 20th with Uni (part of my course and something I expected to happen after my break U_U'). This rights off the 18th/19th weekend. Im away going to the Germany tournament the 6/7th weekend. Don't think ill be up for hosting a large tournament the 11th/12th weekend.

SO...this leaves for april looking very full. Id most likely look to host mid-week between the 11th and 18th weekends. How does this look for people? I expect no good for full-timers and potentially for those that are at school. Likely some at Uni maybe back home etc.

Mid week would actually work pretty well in getting a two day venue though.

However, this option relies heavily on a venue being free for a very select few days.

OPTION 2
-----------

I run TKI 2 at a similar time I ran TKI 1 last year. This would be one of the weekends of 16th, 23rd or 30th of May. This opens up greater potential for me booking a decent venue. Most Uni courses finish by the start of May so should be A ok for alot of our community. The only potential issue I see is with people at school and exams? so i need info on that? Full timers should be ok.

This option in general suits me more. Means my uni is up and i can concentrate fully on runnign a large, impressive tournament.

OPTION 3
----------

I wait to run something very large in the summer.

What do people think or want? please remember that im looking to run a 1/2 day event but that housing is offered so transport issues shouldnt be anywhere as near as stressful as GGT2.

Ive got various free days this week and will look into venues and what not. Hopefully by next week ILL have some where confirmed and ill edit this thread with a normal tournament page.

Thanks,

ed

Aiko

Smash Champion
im fine with mid week provided i know which days so i can book it off.

If you make TKI 2 during late may, i will look into doing a tournament around end of march or early april, as long as we have enough space between the 2 tournaments.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
For me option 2 seems the best, I'll be in the states during the summer so option 3 sounds like bad times to me :S I don't want to miss out on something that large D:

Option 1 seems pretty bad, mid-week sounds really bad times too.

for me it's option 2. ^_^

Kone

Smash Master
Id be worried that it'd be tight between tournaments? early april would mean charles, va, me, coey, jo3 all missing. Depends on if that matters or not lol. End of march may not be to bad? thats 2 months away. (This if i went for may like)

Also depends on what the venues say

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Not that I've met you Kone... but I would prefer mid week or as early a weekend as possible (end of march?) cos my uni exams are in May. Also I'm gutted I missed GGT2 so I really don't wanna have to miss this as it sounds like it's gonna be huge.

Kone

Smash Master
When do you htink your exams are in may by the way? Im sure uni exams are done by the end of may making the last may weekend do-able?

Other than that i guess mid week in the easter hols is possible OR i may not go to germany U_U' so that to run tki2

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Don't really care which option it is, as long as it's not the 23rd of may (but I'd still be fine with the 30th for example).

Kone

Smash Master
-------------------------Melee (there maybe a brawl singles but im undecided). It depends largely on how many days i get 2 day event would = melee singles, melee doubles, melee crews and a brawl event. Largely this would to entice as many people as possible to cover venue costs.

Melee mainly tho esp if a one daye vent thered be no brawl.

i just prefer TKI over EDster for name of the tournie lol

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
My exams run on in to June. My uni has them later than most for some reason which is why I prefer earlier dates (im off for easter from 14 march - 19th april)

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
I'm disappointed about the name of this thread :(. Beside from that, I would prefer the tourney to start in April seeing how I have got exams in May. Also note that, Super Vs Battle is coming up (Might be in May/June). I will Put this in my tourney Section in the UK Brawl Thread :).

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Us Soton lot have exams the last week of May and the first couple of June, so anytime around then (or just before) wouldn't really be practical for us. For me personally early/mid April would be amazing, as I'll be up in Leeds over the easter holiday - waaay closer than Southampton lol Or the March ideas being thrown around are good with me too.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Anytime anywhere sounds good. I don't bother with trivial things like exams and ****. It would be good to actually play you this time as well, was trying to get as many games as possible and still didn't play a load of people at GGT2. Also I can't believe I missed going to the pub and didn't drink for a whole weekend instead, I must be losing it....

Kone

Smash Master
Ok, imt hinking about just sticking with the april option. How people with that? seems may/june is going to be exam happy and what not.

Could people let me know when they break from uni/school for their easter/spring holiday please?

rev:whats wrong with the thread title? its not actually invitational only lol

Kone

Smash Master
I need to discuss the germany thing online with everyone , i forgot to get money U_U'. Option 2 looks really poor for many people. Mid-April mid-week or summer are the only options i think!

Kone

Smash Master
Looks like option 2 isnt happening at all. Id much prefer to host something sooner rather than later so its looking to be option 1. Need people to post their uni/school easter break dates please. Will talk to venues this week and get a date sorted.

Im thinking something like the 14th/15th of April (tues/wed) mid-week in april. I belive most are still off from uni? i may do it at the weeken just before but cutting it tight for people, like myself, goign to germany.

Adv off mid week is travel be cheaper :)

Kone

Smash Master
joe - option 3 is pretty much not happening. This tourney will be in the easter hols =) - mid april means that the next tourney is only 3 months away. Its har getting the southern lot to travel up north. A tourney beforehand may not be the best for optimal turnout to this :/ and i aint running out unless i get a good turnout cos ill get venue screwed again.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Ed: if you decide to postpone your tournament till summer, i will look to do one around april. this isnt confirmed yet. i dont even have a venue, but i always have birmingham to fall back on. I will be doing brawl though, not melee.

Kone

Smash Master
Cheers ant but im pretty set on sorting a melee april tournament out. Speaking to 2 venues 2moro (got apps to go in and see them) so i should have some details asap

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
14th march - 19th april

Edit: So mid week is fine for me on 14th / 15th April

Aiko

Smash Champion
BlazinTEC, please calm down.

Tournaments take an awful lot of preparation and organisation. Its not possible to have a tournament everyday. If you got to know the UK smash community a bit, i'm sure you'll find out whats going on and get involved in tournaments, rankings etc.

Kone

Smash Master
This tournament ISN'T happening for the following reasons;

Joe recently approached me regarding seriously contemplating hosting a large european tournament in the UK. After mulling the idea over with himself and Aiko ive decided to give it a go. The April period was looking increasingly difficult for myself; Germany tournament, Uni trip to Barcelona and my gf doing her dissertation (we live together therefore housing was an issue).

On top of this the Southampton lot are willing to host a tournament. Ben, Inertia and the likes if you want the Easter slot I relinquish it :).

Expect big things this Summer UK =x

Ant - lock this X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom