• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critisize my falco '09

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ive got mad respect for your falco for not using CGs or much lasers but if you played more gay U woulda ***** Rx- and who knows who else.

Great set tho.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Ive got mad respect for your falco for not using CGs or much lasers but if you played more gay U woulda ***** Rx- and who knows who else.

Great set tho.
thx i figured a way around RX's bs too late into da set but i got it now.

and bout playin gay... no gay pride here ill stick to wut i do

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
That was so painful at the end. I definitely wanted you to win. Biggest thing I saw was that you almost exclusively finished with Upsmash and nothing else. No edgeguarding or spiking what-so-ever.

*shrug* otherwise, great falco. Maybe learn reverse pivot grabbing for style lol.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Just a note - the percentages which you killed him at were
167 (bair), 210 (usmash), low percents (****->jab->gimp combo). 181 (utilt) 151(usmash), 150 (laser->usmash), 141 (usmash).

A bit on the high side especially in that first game... you're very good at seeing and taking the opportunities for usmashes though, I watched through and didn't see any time where I thought you obviously missed an opportunity for a KO. Well, perhaps at one point when he was on a platform above you and you hit him with a nair where a bair would have killed? Maybe? Maybe not, you were just being safe and that's fine.

I'd say 'moar laz0rz' but you already know that and are deliberately choosing to play differently, so no point in saying that.

You looked like you got caught by surprise by Luigi's moveset a bit sometimes, a couple of times when you let your guard down because you didn't realize how far he can move his tornado. In the first match you got hit by it once when you could've gotten out of the way, in the last match he hit you through the stage with it once and KOed you with it once. So that's just an issue of knowing the matchup a bit better, those looked avoidable. Especially the one that KOed you at 110.

In the last match, I think he handled the positioning on the stage just a tad bit better than you did.

For example, on the first transformation where it becomes three islands in the water, you started at percentages of 58/81 respectively, and ended at 91/99. You played pretty aggressively in that transformation, and he happily camped the middle island and let you come to him, and ended up cutting down your percent lead... he maintained quite good spacing on the platforms and used the edges well, and you didn't, you just tried to rush him down and got hit a bunch. Likewise near the very end, he picked himself a little corner and played it safe from there, and got some hits on you that way. There was plenty of time left on the clock, you didn't need to rush to get an approach in if he's picked a good spot and you don't see a way in to get at him, IMO. Also, there was one time when you IAP'ed, but ended with lag because of the unusually shaped stage, and he punished that lag with jab->grab->aerial. Starting at 3:33 in the second video. ...wait, and then later in that stock you did it again - IAP up the sandy beach, wind up with unexpected lag, get grabbed.

Falco likes flat stages, so you've got to pay a little bit extra attention when you're on an unusually shaped one, I think.

I think there might be other moments, but my flashplayer just died for some reason so I can't look any more right now.

So yeah, really nice falco, maybe somebody better than me can give more criticism (or correct me if I was wrong on something!), but those are my thoughts.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
nice analysis thx.

yea i dont kno wut da **** luigi is capable of.

and about the high percentage kills... i dont kno wut to say about them.

stages like battlefield are clearly my stage.. while delfino threw me for a loop

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
^ tbh I hate Delfino. The floaty stage has a habit of missing my phantasm completely, and the stage is awkward, bumpy, and full of water. Bleh to Delfino.

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
your playstyle is pretty similar to mine actually,tho i use a bit more lazers
only thing i would say is that when weegee got to high percents u went with alot of single moves for the kill that he either shielded or spot dodged.i think if u wouldnt of changed your playstyle at high %'s you could of killed him a bit earlier
gg's tho

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I don't know, I don't really like your playstyle...
But props to any other Falco mains out there representing.

Blue_Bomber

Smash Cadet
You definitely had a lot going against you in these matchups. Polmex's Weegee is not only very good, you had to face a MF'ed Weegee missile, which killed you at 90, I think. You've got relatively good DI, and you play pretty well on Battlefield. You're good at doing platform dropped aerials, and I literally cheered when, after a while when the usmash didn't work, you FF Naired and Utilt for the kill. :D

You can't really gay a Weegee, and I would be proud of a Falco that can hold its own without relying on CG. If you develop that style and hone your mindgames, (and throw in the CG as an afterthought) then you could be a great and distinguished defensive Falco.

Blue_Bomber

Smash Cadet
I hope you weren't talking about me...

I, (as a weegee user) know you can't CG him. He said earlier that he doesn't CG in the first place... I'm saying that should be respected if he can still hold his own... and maybe to throw it in as an afterthought for other matchups if he wants to play competitively.

If you were talking about someone else, then I apologize. :D

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Good stuff, man. Maybe try to add SHL->reversed b.air to your game. You should try to come down to FIU again, I need to play against Falco!

Top Bottom