• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle of Ohio VI [Melee MWC Event] 4/18/09 ***$100 OOS bonus***

aquteen

Smash Ace
Middle of Ohio VI

(spell it "Greenbriar" if your going to google map it.)

Alright so after much talk My parents have decided to let me have this at my house so there are going to be a few rules.
most of this stuff is common sense but just bare with me.
-don't break anything
-don't steal anything
-try to come somewhat sober
-don't go upstairs
-uh don't break stuff
-bring setup's

You can park on my street but spaces will be gone very quickly. So i sugest you park in the parking lot behind my house (kinda). The address is 933 High st. It's just a big blue office building. You can then take the blue path which is a 5 min walk around the block to my house or you can take one of the orange paths and bust your way through my neighbors back yards. Either way you'll get there.

Venue fee: $3 (waived if full setup is brought. one fee waived per setup)
Melee singles: $10
Melee doubles: $10 per person

9:00 - people can start showing up and help with the setup and play friendlies and stuff
10:00 - signups start
11:30 - signups end*
12:00 - doubles pools start
after doubles pools - doubles start
after doubles - singles pools start
after singles pools - singles
after singles - maybe some other **** depending on how lat
e it is

*If you come between 11:30-12:00 we can still put you into the doubles pools we'll just be very angry, however if you come after 12:00 we will not put you into pools because it's to much of a hassle and you should have been there on time. If you know your gonna be late but not extremely late give me a call (614)-551-0399 and I will sign you up.

You can signup for singles anytime before they start, I'll give warning calls to let people know it's there last chance to signup for singles.

Pot
Split will be:
1st -- 60% + $100 out of state bonus (not confirmed yet )
2nd -- 30%
3rd -- 10%

-20% will be taken out for the MWC

$5 Drephen beating bonus*

^How this works: Whoever can knock Drephen out of the singles tournament gets $5 even if they don't win.

*Drephen can't win this bonus

Rules
This will be a double elimination tournament.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may ban neutral stages.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* FF will be on in teams
* Wobbling is banned

stage is for singles only=*

Melee

4 Stock 8 Mins best 2/3 finals 3/5

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams*
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
F-Zero*
Poke Floats
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Kongo Jungle

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Middle of ohio again, yay. And yes, it's crowded with the current attendance. I'm not sure if the venue could take being on the circuit.

aquteen

Smash Ace
This could be excellent. Can we use this for the Circuit?
ya if the circuit happens I'd love to host a tourney for it. only thing is that as other people have said we had like 52 people at the last one and the building is meant to hold 47 I think.

I'm looking for a new venue thats bigger so if I find one i'll let you know.

I guess it could still work it would just be crowded. really crowded......

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
meh tahts no fun then people get heated up and **** starts...

Impp

Smash Ace
Oh, by the way, 52 people for a melee tournament is amazing. You guys should get a medal or something...

Watty

Smash Lord
wattys going to florida that week =( have fun without me

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
O.o this seems like a lot of fun to me, hopefully this time i can actually get some warm up games and not get thrown into games instantly

this time if i come i will try to stay the whole time
and also, bring a setup

.Rance.

Smash Apprentice
Also on top of that, if it is a circuit event the venue will be moved to a bigger location.

Me and aquteen already have like 5 places we need to check out for prices/rentability and that jazz. So be lookin out for more details and the such.

4% APR

Smash Champion
i love our little park building, but if we move to a bigger one that would be kinda fun too. But, could you keep supplying dr. pepper? (or dr. pepper knockoffs)

aquteen

Smash Ace
i love our little park building, but if we move to a bigger one that would be kinda fun too. But, could you keep supplying dr. pepper? (or dr. pepper knockoffs)
ya man even if we find a bigger venue it would only be for the circuit/bigger tourneys. We would still use the park building for our smaller semi monthly tourneys.

and yes even if pepsi products aren't on sale I'll still buy some Dr. K for you and x.

Skyson

Smash Ace
The last was amazingly fun, and I didn't even mind the crowdedness until near the end of singles, but I left after that so I can't say anything about how it was afterward.

I would definitely come up to the same venue though, but I'm optimistic to another one. This is good stuff.

Top Bottom