• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CoT4 Day One

Rocann

Smash Lord
Well, Biglou and I 2-0'd every team in our doubles pool (including Blackwaltz and Blue, who was the other team that made it out of our pool) by abusing shoryuken hardcore.

I 2-0'd everyone in my singles pool. I don't know about waltz, P~S, or .com.

Rocann

Smash Lord
I heard you guys got shut down early... =/
Not at all, at least in my case. I ended up losing to Ally in winners in pretty close games, he was on last stock mid percent on both of them. Really crazy player. In losers I played teh spamerer and he beat me, first closely, then he two stocked me.

So yeah, I lost to second place and third place and got 17th. Pretty dumb if you ask me, but meh.

Pyronic Star ended up placing 49th and BlackWaltzX got 65th. There were mad good people tied everywhere though, even in the lower spots. At 17th I tied with Azen, Snakeee, Anti, Kismet, and Dapuffster (who beat Atomsk to get there.)

9th in teams, by the way. We lost to M2K/Lee Martin and Dojo/Santi (although we HAD the second ones... ugh :( ) I had a blast, even though the tourney basically failed. I hope some people here saw me on the livestream in my one money match I played there. :-D

Rocann

Smash Lord
It just angers me a little that people I KNOW I would beat without problems placed above me. But that's how brackets go. I'm switching my main to Diddy Kong now. He's more fun and doesn't get wrecked as badly by Meta Knight.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
*sarcasm*about the diddy comment hopefully? and its funny, i played i practiced diddy some a couple months ago and on the way back to the car from CoT4 i was talking to deez and thumbs about how i wanna pick up diddy lmao

and yea... i looked at some results... and was confused on who they played to make it that far when i can 2-0 them fairly easy

good **** btw andy g

and i did terrible... severly disapointed in myself :( i got 2nd seed in my pools, lee martin got 1st seed, i was the only one to bring him to game 3, and in double pools, we did bad, team mate had a bad day and i hit him a couple times... i almost made combacks on both of our game 3 losses... but snakes up-tilt.. too goodz, our pool had 3 good teams not including us, i know samarai panda's team was in it and we took it to game 3; only two teams made it out... and we got 3rd :/ in singles bracket i played malcolm (best sonic in us) round one... lost to him game 3... then i played dire early in losers and lost to him :/ brackets could have been made better.... or I should have been better :/ overall i did horrible and only made like $50-60 off money matches (wanted to shoot for $100 :p) because i tried mm after the 6 hours of wasted time on day one i.e. when i tried to play later, no mm, we gotta get the tourny done (cus we ****ed up, they forgot to say that). the tourny was kinda a fail... but the level of competition there was rediculous, do i feel i can hang with the best... of course :p, but the people there.... like after round one of losers i think very few matches were easy probaly... hopefully there will eb more oli representation next time by more oli players and no squandering

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would go up there if it wasn't a 16 hour drive...

AndyG, who did you and Waltz end up losing to in singles?

Rocann

Smash Lord
I lost to Ally and Spammer who got 2nd and 3rd respectively. Waltz lost to Rogue Pit (a crewmate) and Le Thein (a diddy who I gave a ton of oli practice the night before AND told him how to beat waltz. I didn't think it would actually happen lol)

Rocann

Smash Lord
he's more fun. and I don't care what you guys say about the MK matchup, it's like at LEAST 65:35 in MK's favor and only because they're STARTING to figure out what to do. waltz and I came up to each other and that subject came up and we were both like "wow I thought it was just me that thinks that" haha. also as MKs get faster and smoother it becomes nearly impossible to attack between their attacks.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
he's more fun. and I don't care what you guys say about the MK matchup, it's like at LEAST 65:35 in MK's favor and only because they're STARTING to figure out what to do. waltz and I came up to each other and that subject came up and we were both like "wow I thought it was just me that thinks that" haha. also as MKs get faster and smoother it becomes nearly impossible to attack between their attacks.
that makes 3 of us. i'm starting to lose to "bad" mk's becausse they are picking up their speed and not letting me do anything. And they are starting to use tornado strategically so it's hard to smash DI out or grab/up-b. **** this match up is worse than peach for me now, which i'm starting to get good at =/ i'de say 60-40, 65-35 at worst, and 80-20 vs. m2k ><

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
that makes 3 of us. i'm starting to lose to "bad" mk's becausse they are picking up their speed and not letting me do anything. And they are starting to use tornado strategically so it's hard to smash DI out or grab/up-b. **** this match up is worse than peach for me now, which i'm starting to get good at =/ i'de say 60-40, 65-35 at worst, and 80-20 vs. m2k ><
M2K defys matchups.

Cook

Smash Master
I've always thought MK was a bad matchup for Olimar, but then again I don't have any MK's to practice against, so I didn't know if it really was a bad matchup or if I just lack experience and that's why I do bad against them.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been saying the thing about MK for about 3 months now, but atomsk beat inui a couple times and everyone went insane...

Rocann

Smash Lord
~50 games played with m2k and I've taken 3. only one in tournament.

I played a ton with Dojo, Infinity, and some other MKs from all around the country this weekend and it is one hell of an uphill battle these days :(

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i nvr thought oli went even... MK has a huge clear advantage, i hate to say it, but its after M2K came here and said it that most oli's said oli goes even... i personally keep telling M2K he's wrong and tell him why but he disagrees continuously

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
~50 games played with m2k and I've taken 3. only one in tournament.

I played a ton with Dojo, Infinity, and some other MKs from all around the country this weekend and it is one hell of an uphill battle these days :(
luckly for me most people where I live have not played many Olimars.... so I should be safe for a bit longer. I will learn MK for the MK matchup sadly....

Rocann

Smash Lord
i nvr thought oli went even... MK has a huge clear advantage, i hate to say it, but its after M2K came here and said it that most oli's said oli goes even... i personally keep telling M2K he's wrong and tell him why but he disagrees continuously
that's only because he plays ******** against olimar, which is the only reason I ever even come close to beating him. since he's so good, he can afford to do that, but if you play someone that actually knows the matchup and focuses on that and abuses what gives MK the clear advantages (basically only spam for me so far, texas MKs still fell for my trickiest stuff) it's hard to even touch him.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
good to know i didn't just suck at that match-up... cus of u and waltz i wasn't starting to think maybe that was why

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Atomsk destroys MK with Olimar. BlackWaltz owns the campy ones. You've beaten MKs before and even took a game off of M2K.

It's nearly even if you play smart, dude.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Atomsk destroys MK with Olimar. BlackWaltz owns the campy ones. You've beaten MKs before and even took a game off of M2K.

It's nearly even if you play smart, dude.
Not really. It requires near perfect play on the Olimars part. One mistake can easily lead to a gimp even if you use your WAC. To even hit MK they have to make a mistake. Dair outspaces us... we are not good when someone can actually outspace us.

I feel its 60:40 MK but M2K makes it look even worse. Oh but I agree that Olimars can own a campy MK.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Diddy is the most fun charater in the game by far. But I warn you, prepare for a world of hurt when entering a tourny as a Diddy main. There are half a dozen matchups that are heavily against Diddy and require much pain and agony to overcome. Plus you'll lose to awful players that camp you most likely.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
olimar does fine vs mk if you camp perfectly. The MKs you are naming happen to be possibly the best 3 MKs in the world (me dojo spam, and dsf is prolly around dojo/spams level too). I think Olimar can **** MK if you play it right. He has good answers to everything

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
olimar does fine vs mk if you camp perfectly. The MKs you are naming happen to be possibly the best 3 MKs in the world (me dojo spam, and dsf is prolly around dojo/spams level too). I think Olimar can **** MK if you play it right. He has good answers to everything
I guess the key word there is perfectly. Its a tough matchup and as I said if you screw up there is a good chance you are dead. Crazy down air....

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Not to mention that it's retardedly hard to get below mk once he starts juggling with uair correctly. I picked up mk again for tough matchups, plus he's fun also. And M2K, if you think oli's perfect camp is so feasible, why don't you prove it? You're one of the few people that really believes that oli can flat out **** mk, so why don't you actually test this?

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Not to mention that it's retardedly hard to get below mk once he starts juggling with uair correctly. I picked up mk again for tough matchups, plus he's fun also. And M2K, if you think oli's perfect camp is so feasible, why don't you prove it? You're one of the few people that really believes that oli can flat out **** mk, so why don't you actually test this?
Because he already plays a perfect Meta...

asob4

Smash Champion
even with the perfect camp stuff... MK is still a ***** and worse than peach

i've played TKD's MK, i've played DSF's MK, i've played BoA's MK, and i've played countless scrub MK's
i can tell you for sure it is in no way advantage or even for oli
when played right MK beasts oli.

dair spacing beats oli really bad, and a smart one won't get close enough to the ground to get grabbed, if they do they messed up.

against me it's usually d/fair -> d/fair -> etc etc etc -> tornado away to a completely safe distance
repeat

iRjOn

Smash Lord
He didn't say flat out **** he said ****...
:\
Not chooseing a side just 2 little words can change a meaning by so much.

Top Bottom