• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PBTournament Results thread for 10 & Beyond

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
PBT#11 Results

SINGLES

1: DB4a
2: Swagger
3: KirbyKid
4: Ruddy
5: Chic
5: Bored
7: AWE
7: Jingo Joe
9: MURR
9: YAJ
9: Kyas
9: Facto
13: Raymond
13: Chuky
13: khoaz
13: Marcus
17: Tim
17: Denti
17: Ani
17: Fmatt
17: Chrisprifter
17: Kates
17: Slaps
17: BLF!?
25: Tiny
25: JEDI
25: The Bat
25: Mijo!
25: Kitty
25: Zim
25: Ratatat
25: A-up
33: B00Se
33: Kai
33: P5
33: FAM!
33: Natirasha

TEAMS

1: Awestin's got Swagger (Awestin Forsaken)
2: DB4a + otherguy (DB4a Bored)
3: Boogaloo (Marcus Richard)
4: SF4 OMG (B00se Facto)
5: Super Martinez Bros (Chic Chris)
5: Boats N Hoes (MURDr Steves)
7: Team Ionic (BLF! Khaoz)
7: : ) (Mijo! John)
9: Super Awesom yah yah (Denti P5)
9: ***** SlappiN (Kate Slaps)
9: Sub-punching-T-tarts (The Bat )

We didnt' have time for Crews/SmashBOARD.

PBT # 10

SINGLES

1: UTD Zac
2: Melee1
3: PhantomX
4: FOGO
5: Hunger
5: KirbyKid
7: Jingo Joe
7: Ruddy
9: Chucky
9: bwett
9: ICE
9: Bored
13: Chispriter
13: SRC C@
13: Ex-post Facto
13: Chic
17: MURDr
17: Marc
17: Marcus
17: BLF!?
17: JoWii
17: Cab00se
17: khaoz
17: GrayFox
25: Slaps
25: Chase H.
25: JadedLink
25: Kendochia
25: Genie
25: Brain R.
25: Red
25: Denti
33: F Matt
33: NINE

Teams WOOT

1: 2d Espi Action
2: Dallas Finest
3: We fling poo
4: 6 inch
5: BoogalooBanzibril
5: Red Fox
7: You Must Recover
7: Yum Yum
9: Candycane Gumdrops
9: Rhythm and Police
9: Super Martinez Bros
9: SRS M@
13: The Pants Team
13: I'd rather be playing RB2
13: NO Skillz
13: Team Ionic

Crews!!!!!!!!

Neckbeard's Pirates
wins with 14+ stock leftover (Dan, Eric, Neckbeard, Alex, Mark) vs. Team Rock (Kevin, Felton, Aden, Kyle, Chris)

Crew Flower Mound wins with 12+ stock leftover (Fmmatt, KirbyKid, Marcus, Bored) vs. The Phantom Crew (Phantom X, Jadedlink, JoWii, Kendo)

Crew Bwett wins (Bwett, UTDZac, Ice, Shuz, Phantom X) vs. The Young Ones (JingoJoe, Melee1, TehBrettster, Kates, Slaps)

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
PBT#10 was a huge success. In fact, it was my favorite PBT. We were so high tech, we had a live stream of the live stream of Clash of the Titans. How cool is that. The molecule system is here to stay. Everyone was nice and cool. We bought tons of food (always a good thing to keep the venue fee away). And from what I could gather, smashBOARD was a blast.

If you have any specific comments about smashBOARD, save them for a thread I'll make soon detailing the entire game.

SHOUT OUTS FOR EVERYONE!

1: UTD Zac: Congrats. I don't think we played a match all day. Hmm.
2: Melee1: I wonder how much damage you'll do in a more powerful crew. Or in crew that works together. Don't abandon your friends. Be like Ike. You know who he fights for.
3: PhantomX: Congrats on 3rd. I hope you travelers had a good time.
4: FOGO: Our match was pretty close. Be ready next time we fight. I might be all warmed up. Who knows I, might even play some Brawl between PBTs. LOL. No johns. Our matches were so fun. Sweet levels too. Delfino. Rainbow Cruise. Smashville.
5: Hunger. Snake is evil. But you know this. Glad you made it back.
7: Jingo Joe: I really wasn't prepared for our match. And so I got a beating. Yup. I got beat down.
7: Ruddy: Nice job in teams.
9: Chucky: I saw you playing a G&W. The more characters the merrier.
9: bwett: Muwahahahahah. Or should I say, you destroyed Kates's last stock. For that, my crew and your crew will do BATTLE!
9: ICE: Your Charizard had it. You almost made it out safely in a 2v1 with team attack off. But that super sick kill you got on TehBrettster was it? That was super sick. Super.
9: Bored. You did a clean job in our crew. Hope you had a blast.
13: Chispriter: Mario has a hard time. You keep getting better though. That's the best part. Your team work is improving as well. Find some time to sit down and talk to me some time. You're a regular at PBT and always welcome.
13: SRC C@. You had a really jolly spirit at the tournament. Fun stuff. Seriously.
13: Ex-post Facto: I'll keep an eye out for your matches next time.
13: Chic: I like what you're Luigi is doing in battle. We should get some matches in next time. I think I have some moves that will help you out.
17: MURDr: I don't know how you did this time around in Singles. I saw that you won your first match. Good job? But your performance in crews was hilarious. I was glad that you took smashBOARD so seriously.
17: Marc: I didn't get to see how you did.
17: BLF!? Teh Brettster? Is that you? Nice job in crews. The more Ikes we have around, the more friends he fights for.
17: JoWii: Good show. Good spirits. I'll never spell your name wrong.
17: Cab00se: Young Links all the way!
17: khaoz: I like how your Sonic is coming along. We'll do some special training if I ever find the time while running the PBTs.
17: GrayFox: I'll pay more attention to your matches next time.
25: Slaps: SLAPS! SLAPS! SLAPS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. YEAH!!!!!!!!! Did you hear me cheering your on?! That gannondorf move you pulled on smashBOARD was sweet. Too bad team attack was off or it would have been sweeter.
25: Chase H.: From Plano eh? Thanks for making it out.
25: JadedLink: Nice job in crews. Fun stuff.
25: Kendochia: Thanks for coming and playing crews.
25: Genie: ... of the LAMP! I kept making Aladin jokes in my head. Gotta love that movie.
25: Brain R. Hope to see more plano support from you and chase in the future. You're welcome anytime.
25: Red: I don't remember who you are exactly. I remember the name being called out. Red is my favorite color. I'll pay more attention in the future.
25: Denti: This is the second time you've come out to the PBTs. You're a regular now. See you next time hopefully.
33: F Matt. That's for bringing a TV and a wii and letting us have that HUGE lounge TV that's really heavy.
33: NINE. I hope you keep coming to PBT even if you don't enter singles. You did get last place, but you win first place for participants who dance around in the background. Rock on!

AND WE CAN'T FORGET KATES. You showed up late, but I'm glad you made it. You almost took a stock off of Bwett. I was cheering for you.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
1: 2d Espi Action (UTDZac and ICE)
2: Dallas Finest (Melee1 and Ruddy)
3: We fling poo (D4BA and Bwett)

Will post shoutouts later. Hurray for my first tournament win =)

chic

Smash Ace
13: Chic: I like what you're Luigi is doing in battle. We should get some matches in next time. I think I have some moves that will help you out.
i believe there are two major factors that are negatively affecting my game...
1. i have no defense in my game.. i keep forgetting this isn't melee :( to be good in brawl=camp
2. i dont play like i do at home. like when i play in tournies i just feel like my timing is off or something. thats something i just am going to have to get used to i suppose
anyway ggs :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
i believe there are two major factors that are negatively affecting my game...
1. i have no defense in my game.. i keep forgetting this isn't melee :( to be good in brawl=camp
2. i dont play like i do at home. like when i play in tournies i just feel like my timing is off or something. thats something i just am going to have to get used to i suppose

anyway ggs :)
I never got to play your Weegee :( I think I've only ever faced one Weegee offline.

Oh, and you should probably make a note that HungeR = d4ba.

Yaj

Smash Rookie
Yeah, PBT 10 was pretty great.

Shoutouts! -

Sickness - Three stocked me all day long. Too good.

Looking forward to PBT 11!

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
im disappointed that i couldn't make the singles.

teams was super fun though!

crews was even better! i hope we get to do it again!

shout outs later!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
SmashBOARD was actually pretty dang fun. It was like a crew battle that didn't get way too serious. I could do it again and have fun again, I'm sure. Especially if my team stands a chance against the other. XD
They had what... 11 stocks left over?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm going to be doing these by order of placement, and those who I remember speaking to or playing with...

1: UTD Zac - **** man, congrats on first. Our matches were all really good and close... until you started abusing those weirdass Texas stages XD Not used to playing on Pipes and Skyworld so I never knew what to expect :p We wrecked as a team in friendlies later on, especially when items were involved.

2: Melee1 - thanks for housing us. No thanks for ****** me. Too bad we only had one setup, I couldn't get that ICs practice I wanted. I think I was playing it too aggressive, so I'll be trying to not do that next time XD You need to stop getting three stocked by car alarms.

3: PhantomX - WTF... how did this happen? 16 bucks ftw, lulz

4: FOGO - Fogo magic, baby! You are one of the coolest people in the Brawl community, and I love your storytelling, as it comes packaged with your acting out of moves.

5: Hunger - Haha, Damien and your name mindgames. Good games man (well, not so much on Distant Planet, but that level is lame), we had some good technical talks, I hope you begin to consider Wario more often for tournament matches.

5: KirbyKid - we didn't play aside from in crew battles... your shirt was badass though... but not as badass as my Ganon :p

7: Jingo Joe - probably the best DK I've ever played with. You're gay though, for using grab releases. Stop ****** my low tiers before I can take a stock from you.

7: Ruddy - hit puberty, then come back to brawl, it's embarrassing when little kids beat us, and we already have Razer to worry about.

9: bwett - THE B-WETT!? I love you man, one of the coolest Dallas smashers for sure, Random Teams with items was too good. I felt bad not waking you up when that cockroach was in your mouth, but I didn't want you to dislike me for being a harbinger of bad news or something :p

9: ICE - Our tourny set was crazy intense, thank god for klaptraps, gave me that third round I needed. Also, I want to publicly state that you are most definitely the worst Random Teams partner ever. ICE STATUS! Still had a great time chilling with you, haha.

9: Bored - Ike is not good, stop making him look otherwise. Ganon is cooler and better anyway, and his mindgames are just as painful :D

13: SRC C@ - *shudders at Pipes* *shudders at Summit* Haha, our games were toooooo messed up and crazy. Good games, man.

13: Chic - I didn't see or talk to you, but you play Luigi, so you get a free shoutout.

17: BLF!? - Stop using weird tags, they confuse people.

17: JoWii - You are the greatest person I could've ever met. You actually came and got us in Austin, despite the fact the tournament was in the opposite direction. Your Kirby has gotten a lot better, and the Kirbyciding in doubles was too hilarious XD

17: khaoz - Ew, ICs. Stick with the Steak! Haha, ****, I almost don't want the videos of myself getting absolutely ***** by Melee1 uploaded :(

25: Slaps - TV BREAKAH COMBO!

25: JadedLink - You probably could've done better than this, you gotta find a way to mentally focus and you'll start doing a lot better. Buying better controllers also works... or you could totally go Wavebird.

25: Kendochia - nice meeting you, man. You are the group's official "strange structure climber" from now on, b/c you owned that Starship store XD

25: Brain R. - I honestly hope your name isn't Brain... cuz that would be weird.

33: NINE - thanks for letting my friend use your controller for friendlies, and good doubles matches, they were intense.

LAST: Shuz - I bet you just couldn't find the sign in sheet b/c your eyes are slanted shut :p Good Kirby guy, you wrecked us in doubles XD Fun time later on at Rudy's place as well. Shame we couldn't get any singles in. I'd say we should do it at WHOBO, but there are so many people to play then, that I don't know if we will have the time, haha.

Kates - I can see why everyone in the Dallas thread seems to fawn over you, you are quite attractive. Haha, I felt so bad that Billy sent me after you at the very beginning of crews, especially since you hadn't had a chance to compete in anything else during the day b/c you showed up late. Stick to it, listen to Billy's advice, he's a sick player, and you'll be wrecking with ZSS in no time.

That drunk Ike guy - just b/c you were too funny and random.

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
Crews was fun. Getting wrecked is one of my specialties. ;P So yeah, I didn't get to participate in tournament but I suppose I'll post this? o.O

Grats to UTD Zac, you deserved that win.

Bwett - I actually thank you for taking my last stock. You treat me as if I'm one of the guys(in game lul). You don't go easy on me just because I'm n00b or have a vajayjay, and I'd much rather that. I'll get better that way. Woo!

Jingo - I'm freaking out. No lie. =(

BLF!? - Thanks for fighting for me. xD

Slaps - We finally got our rematch, was fun!

Shuz - I <3 you Shuz. Bahaha.

PhantomX - Thanks! Don't feel bad, like I said earlier I'd rather get owned than someone going super easy on me. Oh and I hate Wario.

So, yuh. There ya go. >_>

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
PhantomX - Thanks! Don't feel bad, like I said earlier I'd rather get owned than someone going super easy on me. Oh and I hate Wario.
I'll keep that in mind next time (haha, if I ever go up to Dallas again, which is infinitely less likely than that you travel to an OOC tournament). I probably wouldn't have minded had you actually been in the tournament or something, and I just naturally dislike completely defeating newer players anyway. If it's any consolation, I was not going super easy on you, I just did not want to take all/almost all of your stock at once, so I decided to play defensive/evasive instead (which DMG does all the time anyway :p)

And everyone seems to hate Wario, except me and maybe two other people. They just don't see his lovable, hilarious embodiment of manliness.

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
If it's any consolation, I was not going super easy on you, I just did not want to take all/almost all of your stock at once, so I decided to play defensive/evasive instead (which DMG does all the time anyway :p)
:dizzy: Yeah I couldn't hit you, annoying!! But, twas good stuff. :laugh:

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
OK, Mah shouts:

Kirbykid: It's Srs C@, my friend. Srsly.

PhantomX - KHAAAAAAAANNNNN You task me my friend, I will have to come back after you. Lot's of fun.

M@: Dunno if you're reading this, but you responded well to my feedback in teams, Maybe in time, we could be the best. Lemme know what I coulda done do not kill you. lol.

Genie: Sorry you had to face me twice, bro. This is learning experience. Get out there, experience the field, and learn from it. I'll be expecting more of a fight to my Mario.

Khaoz: Wut happen to ICs in teams? I know you play them, and they hurt... X.x

Billy: Your Yoshi leveled-up since last time, my friend. I couldn't keep up with the D3 in 3-D. Next time I'll remember that. Betrayal will happen again.

Zac: Congrats on the win. Especially over Melee1. I wanna see vids soonish!

d4ba: THAT BURGER WAS TOO GOOD!!

and to all of you people that I missed: Srsly, I had fun at the tourney, so don't be surprised at the forgetfulness of the most Serious of Cats.

Bwett

Smash Ace
1: UTD Zac - Zac, you surprise me many times....amazing lol gj

2: Melee1 - Well, I'd rather just play Yoshi vs IC but you always have to CP me lol. I have found my CP for your wolf so I suggest you be prepared for next time. It shall not be so easy sir! Gg's dude.

3: PhantomX - Super fun times dude. I'm really glad that you and Jowii and all the others came down for the tourney. Ice and I were talking and he realized that yall played random teams with items for roughly 10 hours straight...wow =P

4: FOGO - Lately you have stepped up your game and I feel like I'm falling behind. Help me =(

5: Hunger - It was great playing street fighter and I think that it helped pump me for sf4.

5: KirbyKid - SmashBOARD is awesome! That is all lol

7: Jingo Joe - I expect great things from you.

9: ICE - Every time we play in tourney, it always has to be so ridiculously close, yet every time you always grasp the win. Great job dude. Excellent matches *unwraps controller cord to unlock my car*...O_O rofl

13: SRC C@ - You've gotten better, but you shall never defeat a dinosaur!

17: BLF!? - Next you come to something, pull me aside and I'll help you with some things.

17: JoWii - I can't remember whether you or Jaded 3-stocked Melee1...so in my mind, yall both did! You wrecked him! lol

25: Slaps - In all seriousness, you need to work on your emotional control. The way you acted at the tournament is not acceptable. Furthermore, I suggest when I or someone else within the Brawl community who places high gives you advice, it would be wise to adhere to such without whining. To truly learn, you need to put aside your frustrations and stubborn attitude and accept your limitations and flaws. This is the only way you will become good.

25: JadedLink - You are a cool dude. Enjoyed hanging out with you and gj on the 3-stock of Melee1 (see JoWii's entry lol)

33: NINE - why are you so low on these results?! You are totally better than that. Do better *******. Good job in teams =P

Katie - I see no point in treating you any differently as a smasher. The only way you are gonna learn is by getting wrecked lol. We all had to deal with getting owned when we entered into this community. If you, Brett, and even Slaps want more training or something during the week, just pm me. I'm usually free at night.

samusedaway

Smash Journeyman
Just come often Srs C@. In a group of three I tend to always need a team mate, the more consistent the better!

On a different note, hopefully ZSS will be up to par for the next tournament. She just couldn't make it this time around. I blame G&W for being too much broken fun and me not playing for weeks. That's right Zac you best watch for her. She'll be comin for you next PBT.

d4bA

Smash Cadet
This tournament was lots of fun. I hope everyone comes back for the next PBT!

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
5: KirbyKid - SmashBOARD is awesome! That is all lol
Thanks for the quote. I need more quotes/impressions from everyone who played or witnessed the calamity.

25: Slaps - In all seriousness, you need to work on your emotional control. The way you acted at the tournament is not acceptable. Furthermore, I suggest when I or someone else within the Brawl community who places high gives you advice, it would be wise to adhere to such without whining. To truly learn, you need to put aside your frustrations and stubborn attitude and accept your limitations and flaws. This is the only way you will become good.
I though you were going to say..."I suggest when I or someone else within the Brawl community who places high gives you A HUG. YOU SHOULD TAKE IT!"

I almost got your near hug on camera. I'm not the type to embarrass anyone with a video so Slaps has nothing to worry about.

Hey, Slaps. If you want some special training just let me know.

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Slaps. If you want some special training just let me know.
i want some!

kirbykid - another great tournament, once again i love your idea of smashboard. keep up the good work. I'd like to play you some day XD

bwett- HATES!

PhantomX- dude you are super chill to hang out with. during that match on BF i was on the platform and you were under me. i was panicking super hard, i decided to go to the left side and BAM! clap kill XD. can't wait to play you!

NINE- your an amazing teams partner dont you think otherwise. we did really well in teams! Your improving so fast, its starting to scare me....

Super Martinez Brothers- sry to make yall wait a lil. Yall did really well in teams, you had me on the ropes both matches. I'd love to play yall again sometime.

Death? and Murdr - teams was very fun guys, keep it up. I hope i get to play yall soon. =D

RedFox- yall need to come more! you guys are very talented in smash! im sorry bout that usmash that costed you the game! i hope we get to play again, that was to much fun!

BLF? - ill get my revenge, beware!

Kate- D= karma is a *****

JingoJoe - sorry bout the handicap in crews XD

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
screw valentines day, i want another PBT v.v....
I know what you mean. During the week I look at smashBOARD and I grow impatient with the remaining week and a half wait.

Oh well. V-day is a special day for me especially considering that the next day is my B-day. I could use a bit of a break.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Awesome tournament as usual Kirby Kid, Losers finals was fun and I learned a lot about the Pit match up. Your arrow game is crazy good, and that gimp you got on Ruddy was spectacular.

I'll post shout outs later, and I apologize in advance for the hasty leave (I wanted to stick around for Smashboards), but overall I had a great time.

One thing though, Austin and I took first in doubles. Don't deny him his glory, it's rightfully earned. :laugh:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Awesome tournament as usual Kirby Kid, Losers finals was fun and I learned a lot about the Pit match up. Your arrow game is crazy good, and that gimp you got on Ruddy was spectacular.

I'll post shout outs later, and I apologize in advance for the hasty leave (I wanted to stick around for Smashboards), but overall I had a great time.

One thing though, Austin and I took first in doubles. Don't deny him his glory, it's rightfully earned. :laugh:
haha yea, I was just looking at the Doubles Result and got a big question mark on my head...1st and 2nd needs to be switched.

chic

Smash Ace
horray! 5th place on singles and doubles! i just gotta learn how to counter spammy falcos and i think ill do ever better! kirby kid... i cant believe you beat me when i had 3 stocks vs your 1... i wasn't able to sleep properly last night because of that loss :D fun games all

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
oh I just had lotsa fun in dubbles, altho it did feel pretty good to win
now if we could get lotsa money on the line it'd be some serious **** ;)

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
haha yea, I was just looking at the Doubles Result and got a big question mark on my head...1st and 2nd needs to be switched.
Done.

There were a few issues with PBT#11 that I still have to sort out. I'll make a more formal, organized announcement soon. I'll also do shoutouts soon, hopefully.

Top Bottom