• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winning dat Pauwnch

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I got permission to borrow this idea from puffball64
The idea for this thread was borrowed from the sonic board. Credit to puffball64, and his thread.

His thread (the original thread) is found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219649

This is the falcon variation on 'winning dat steak', called:

WINNING DAT PAUWNCH

What is a 'winning pauwnch'?

(explaination taken from puffball's thread)
Winning Pauwnch: The accomplishment of pulling off something incredibly epic, with the character Captain falcon in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This could be in the form of mindgaming your opponent for the win, or simply two Falcon's who repeatedtly clash with their falcon punch, making the universe implode. It is so immensely eyecatching or epic, that it exerts powerful emotion from both the players and the spectators, the magnitude of which is usually depending on exactly what the outcome of the actions are. The opponent's failure to stop the development of said outcome from taking place only emphasizes how Winning the Pauwnch is.

Now that you know what a 'winning pauwnch' is. Lets continue this threads explaination.
Unlike the original thread (linked to at the top of this post) I thought it would be nice to have more categories. I thought completely copying puffball's idea would be..unoriginal, so, I tried to give it a falcon twist.

Instead of 3 categories, like the winning dat steak thread, we have 5 categories.
The categories are:

1. The Rick wheeler falcon punch:
Videos posted in this category are just moments wich include one move done exeptionally well. This usually only takes 1-2 secs of footage.

2. The regular falcon punch (executed by captain falcon):
(explaination taked from puffball's topic)
~ Small moments (usually within the span of 3-10 seconds in length) within a match that fit the definition of "Winning pauwnch" at its finest. Videos allowed for nominations for the regular falcon punch include 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, Misc. Videos, and Tutorials.

***Whether or not the Falcon wins the match is irrelevent to this Category. Remember, this category focuses in on only small segments of videos.***

3. The B reversed falcon punch (executed by captain falcon):
~Videos in this categories are the same as in the regular falcon punch category, Only vids in this category have a little bit more style/class, wich makes it just above the regular falcon punch.

4. The reversed falcon punch (executed by captain falcon):
~This category contains only 1 vs. 1 and 2 vs. 2 videos. Videos nominated in this section are voted upon based on the quality of the *** beating the Falcon lays down on the opponent, more or less, throughout the video. The Falcon in these videos don't have to necessarily win the match, but for the sake of Pauwnch, it's recommended that the Falcon wins in the video.

***The opponent's skill level is irrelevent in this Category. The only thing that matters is that the Falcon shows off his Pauwnch.***

5. The B reversed reversed falcon punch (executed by captain falcon):
~This category is the most simple of the five. Just vote for your favorite combo videos. Combo videos usually already have much Pauwnch in them, so it's a win-win situation regardless.

----------

You're allowed the following number of nominations for each category:
-3 for regular/rick wheeler pauwnches
-2 for b reversed/reversed/b reversed reversed falcon punches.

----------

The nominations will end 7 to 14 days from now.

This thread is for good ol on topic fun.
Just consider it a second, more specific, video thread.

Have fun, and start posting your favorite moments with the category they belong in written in your post.

Credit to Gf2tw for making the picture with the falcon punch+the medal.

Kri3o

Smash Apprentice
Hanging out with my badass dragon friends in Chica
The idea for this thread was borrowed from the sonic board. Credit to puffball64, and his thread.

His thread (the original thread) is found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219649

This is the falcon variation on 'winning dat steak', called:

WINNING DAT PAUWNCH

What is a 'winning pauwnch'?

Winning Pauwnch: The accomplishment of pulling off something incredibly epic, with the character Captain falcon in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This could be in the form of mindgaming your opponent for the win, or simply two Falcon's who repeatedtly clash with their falcon punch, making the universe implode. It is so immensely eyecatching or epic, that it exerts powerful emotion from both the players and the spectators, the magnitude of which is usually depending on exactly what the outcome of the actions are. The opponent's failure to stop the development of said outcome from taking place only emphasizes how Winning the Pauwnch is.

Now that you know what a 'winning pauwnch' is. Lets continue this threads explaination.
Unlike the original thread (linked to at the top of this post) I thought it would be nice to have more categories. I thought completely copying puffball's idea would be..unoriginal, so, I tried to give it a falcon twist.

Instead of 3 categories, like the winning dat steak thread, we have 5 categories.
The categories are:

1. The Rick wheeler falcon punch:
Videos posted in this categories are just moments wich include one move done exeptionally well. This usually only takes 1-2 secs of footage.

2. The regular falcon punch (executed by captain falcon):
(explaination taked from puffball's topic)
~ Small moments (usually within the span of 3-10 seconds in length) within a match that fit the definition of "Winning pauwnch" at its finest. Videos allowed for nominations for Mini-Steaks include 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, Misc. Videos, and Tutorials.

***Whether or not the Falcon wins the match is irrelevent to this Category. Remember, this category focuses in on only small segments of videos.***

3. The B reversed falcon punch (executed by captain falcon):
~Videos in this categories are the same as in the regular falcon punch category, Only vids in this category have a little bit more style/class, wich makes it just above the regular falcon punch.

4. The reversed falcon punch (executed by captain falcon):
~This category contains only 1 vs. 1 and 2 vs. 2 videos. Videos nominated in this section are voted upon based on the quality of the *** beating the Falcon lays down on the opponent, more or less, throughout the video. The Falcon in these videos don't have to necessarily win the match, but for the sake of Pauwnch, it's recommended that the Falcon wins in the video.

***The opponent's skill level is irrelevent in this Category. The only thing that matters is that the Falcon shows off his steak.***

5. The B reversed reversed falcon punch (executed by captain falcon):
~This category is the most simple of the three. Just vote for your favorite combo videos. Combo videos usually already have much Pauwnch in them, so it's a win-win situation regardless.

----------

You're allowed the following number of nominations for each category:
-3 for Mini-Steaks
-2 for Full Steaks and Texas-Sized 72 Oz.

----------

The nominating process will end Sunday, February 8th, at exactly 11:59PM Central.

This thread is for good ol on topic fun.
Just consider it a second, more specific, video thread.

Have fun, and start posting your favorite moments with the category they belong in written in your post.
Alright this going to be interesting.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
LOL I think I have a falcon punch battle replay saved. The damage ratio is 2.0 and a 300% handicap on Both me and a friend.15 stock battle on final destination. Only move allowed is falcon punch. Some epic pawnchez were made in that battle.

Falcon punch=only thing better then chuck norris

:041:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Everyone, please start posting videos of your favorite falcon moments (if it is a long video, also post the time it happens on) and don't forget to write in wich category it belongs.

Please stay on the topic of this thread, so start posting videos ^_^

Tenki

Smash Hero

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
haven't been on the boards in awhile
i pulled off a cool looking "combo", but i don't have recording devices :(
sup knee? :)

Top Bottom