• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your boxtag?

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I though this would be importa-
who am I kidding.:laugh:

anyway what's your personal boxtag? discuss lucky things that happened to you(because of boxtag) and your boxtag here.

(this thread is for fun please don't lock):)

First, the story of boxtag:

The (slightly improvised) legend of Boxtag

A long time ago in the days of melee....

Mango was but just a young lad when he was chosen by his rural village to take a spirit journey to select his favorite character. But the character spirits didn't believe in him, all accept for one; the Jigglypuff spirit.
She gracefully appeared in his dreams as a 'challenger approaching', he defeated her with ease (cause none of the spirits were very good fighters by themselves anyway.), but heard her calling to the back of his mind as he went through single player with his noob character.
There she was, in that lonely bottom corner of his screen, starring into his soul.

The bond between player and character had been forged.

Mango trained to master this holy power, he was her star pupil, and jigglypuff trained him in the ways of being extremely manly; floating through the air and kicking things sexily.

By now Mango had become a Jigglymaster, and was revered by his pupils. He went to his weakest student, who was still debating weather or not to even play jigglypuff, and he said(more to the general public than to me) "jigglypuff will **** if you plan your battles"(more or less.)

Now mango had to prove his worth.
There was a tournament.

BUT THERE WAS A PROBLEM! someone else had already chosen Mango/Mgno as their tag!
what would the real mango do about this!?

Besides punching them in the face?

He created Box tag. A legendary (although not too legendary if I have to explain it) tag that consisted of [__]. The boxtag was clearly some sort of ancient tag used by the game masters of long ago, for it contained an unrivaled luckiness power, that gave the user(you guessed it), LUCK!

enough luck to win any match (or at least not look shameful), against any opponent (probably)

The ancient game masters had sealed away boxtag for a millennium, because its luck powers were too powerful, and when in the wrong hands, it could ruin the game with a horrible tier list that was designed by one very noobish person who would just spam smashes and projectiles.

There was a catch in using boxtag however. You had to believe in it with all of your being! if you honestly didn't believe, it wouldn't work!

Naturally Mango was feared by all with his box tag, but eventually, just like children stop believing in Santa, mango stopped believing in boxtag. However though his experience with the legendary tag, he became a better player, so he relied more on his skill and less on boxtag everyday. Boxtag is the power of [__], true, but it is more the power of will power!

BOXTAG TO WIN!

boxtag is different for everyone, there are only a few requirements/rules to using it.

1. You must play jigglypuff.
2. You must enjoy playing jigglypuff.
3. you must be consistent with your box tag.
4. You must believe in your boxtag.
5. you must always play with boxtag, so make it something you like.
6. Boxtag can even be a move, but never stop using that move!
7. anytime you survive what you shouldn't, it was boxtag, if you think it was you, your boxtag will abandon you.
8. Your personal boxtage becomes stronger over time.
9.It weakens if you don't play puff for a while.
10. Identical boxtags cancel each other out in a match.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
i've never worn the boxtag.. i've always feared its power, and just kept it on a chain around my neck as i trek across Middle Brawl Earth. who am I to claim the power of boxtag? won't it consume me, even as it makes my name invisible? i hear tales of those who lost faith in their boxtags, and the boxtag abandoned them and they went insane or got shot to death by orcs (hidden melee character). I don't deny tho, my tag has long desired the box of power.. it's only a matter of time before i succumb to its will. Then my jigglypuff will either rise to the pinnacle of power... or fall and sink to spamming stale f-airs, rolling into lucario's f-smash, and getting spiked by captain falcon

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
they don't have boxtags in brawl
Oh! Ill beg to differ!

I need a screenshot of this. My original tag was <MWH> (m-wuz-h3r3). Then, I started to hax :3. Somthing happened with the way the game read the text, so my tag became currupted. The "WH" in my tag was changed to the default "blank" squares that my tag now bears.

Hence my new tag:<M♫♫> (m-cancel)

Boxtag? o_O close enough (you can see it on wi-fi)
_____
[_____]

Top Bottom