• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RoyR(marth) VS Xyro(samus)/KaloKross(peach/meta/wolf)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yea so Royr is the best Marth in Texas and pretty much the USA right now and here are some vids of him as of today(feb 9, 2009) against me(best samus in the usa) and my pal KaloKross(peach/meta/wolf). For those of you that have played royr in brawl or melee you know this guy is one SICK columbian. I will post only 4 links but there are multiple vids in each of the links, ok?

RoyR(marth) vs KaloKross(peach/wolf) part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ug4q37-ngA

RoyR(marth) vs KaloKross(peach/meta) part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98r4hl12_b8

RoyR(marth) vs Xyro(samus) part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ym9nXjPiqQ

RoyR(marth) vs Xyro(samus) part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdmwf1rmDms

BentoBox

Smash Master
Marth makes me hate playing Peach :[

lmao, 3 stocked Kalo 3 games in a row. Disgusting. Did he place better than Neo in his prime? Jw

Xyro77

Marth makes me hate playing Peach :[

lmao, 3 stocked Kalo 3 games in a row. Disgusting. Did he place better than Neo in his prime? Jw
talk to infinity or dojo or hylian or chibo. they will answer that. if i answer it may seem biased

BentoBox

Smash Master
Looks like I got my answer ;D

He's so entertaining to watch lol. You guys got man handled so bad. (thought you had it on game 3 :[ )

Xyro77

Looks like I got my answer ;D

He's so entertaining to watch lol. You guys got man handled so bad. (thought you had it on game 3 :[ )
he is beyond amazing! i cant do anything to him no matter how hard i try, maybe its just samus. anyways, thanks for watching the videos

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He's too aggressive Xyro, he has a bad habit of wanting to Fair towards you and sometimes Uair towards you before he lands. He also likes to grab a lot for some reason, I've seen him try to go from the first hit of dancing blade straight into a grab and he missed a lot. I would try to extend/finish Dancing Blade and get some pretty much guaranteed damage instead of trying to get a grab that might not lead into anything.

If he did retreating Fairs or stayed in his shield more at times and abused Dancing BladeUpb, he would do better. Granted, he would look more boring, but it would be a more effective play style.

GRogErEN24

Smash Cadet
looks and sounds like he uses the joystick for jumping. using x is a better option. if he does uses the x button then he has horrible aerial maneuverability. also i'm pretty sure Neo is better... way better.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
RoyR is absolutely ridiculous. I've played him a bunch and watched NEO like yesterday. They are both amazing, but completely different. RoyR just puts on unbelievable pressure and our last tourney match was 3rd game last stock and i had over 160%

Xyro77

looks and sounds like he uses the joystick for jumping. using x is a better option. if he does uses the x button then he has horrible aerial maneuverability. also i'm pretty sure Neo is better... way better.
As of CoT4, all the texans who went and played or watched NEO think that royr is better(why would hylian/infinity/dojo lie?).
He also uses the X or Y button to jump but that has nothing to do with how good a player is. QDVS was one of the greatest marths in melee and he used the control stick.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Uh, I'm pretty sure Neo just lost to two texas players(Dojo/Infinity) in tournament at CoT4 2-0. Roy_R goes even with or beats those players.

DMG: Critiquing friendlies is pointless. He can do those things when he doesn't need to play safe against worse players.

SojinX

Smash Apprentice
Those were great matchs xyro you played well and royr puts on lots of pressure he's good

Xyro77

Those were great matchs xyro you played well and royr puts on lots of pressure he's good
thanks!

ive always heard marth vs samus is 65:35 but i always beat the marths ive played. Playing royr is different(lololol) there is no possible way to win majority against this guy.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Uh, I'm pretty sure Neo just lost to two texas players(Dojo/Infinity) in tournament at CoT4 2-0. Roy_R goes even with or beats those players.
Anecdotal evidence is pretty worthless. Using that logic pierce scraped the balls off of you and you do decently well against roy R, right?

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion

DMG: Critiquing friendlies is pointless. He can do those things when he doesn't need to play safe against worse players.
Uhh okay? Roy R is most likely used to TX MK styles while NEO is used to MD/VA MKs. They play very different but are both amazing players. Not to mention NEO went to last stock pretty much last hit with Dojo, not sure about Infinity. The only way we would be able to tell if he broke even with them would be to play more games than two, really. Plus he lost to Infinity's Turtle MK at like 3 AM in Marth's worst matchup lmao how are you supposed to judge off that? What Ryko said was pretty spot on, too. You TX players are pretty profound in thinking your the best, when I'm sure Roy R himself would agree that he's as good as NEO. Roy R doesn't even travel much, so how do you know he doesn't just **** TX?

And also, ROFL @ saying "don't judge him off these friendlies!" You're resorting to the age old meatrider strategy "He was sandbagging!"? WTF guys I thought you were respectable, but come on.

I really hope I get to play Roy R soon. That way I can see for myself because you guys are basically telling us not to believe your evidence. I'm sure I won't be disappointed :D

∫unk

Smash Master
xyro mm when u come to wc or i go to whobo? mikehaze and i are for sure coming :D

i'm sure mikehaze will want one too mr. marth slayer XD

Roy_R

Smash Apprentice
hey Allan thanks for putting those vids up heheeee! but hey please change that title, just put royr(marth), just because NEO lost to dojo and infinity doesn't mean anything. Maybe he was tired, or had a bad day or something, there are so many reasons.....one set doesn't mean anything,there's no reason to compare :]

To the grourernguy: How do you know it was me making the noises? thanks for the tip though, you know, all this time I've been playing I never noticed that button with a big X before!.....:ouch:

Lee: what's uuuup! mi amigooo! when are we gonna play again :] you miss those falcon matches? :colorful:

Rockettrainer if you read this, blow up!

:hunger:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anecdotal evidence is pretty worthless. Using that logic pierce scraped the balls off of you and you do decently well against roy R, right?
No, Roy_R 3 stocks me lol.

Xyro77

hey Allan thanks for putting those vids up heheeee! but hey please change that title, just put royr(marth), just because NEO lost to dojo and infinity doesn't mean anything. Maybe he was tired, or had a bad day or something, there are so many reasons.....one set doesn't mean anything,there's no reason to compare :]

To the grourernguy: How do you know it was me making the noises? thanks for the tip though, you know, all this time I've been playing I never noticed that button with a big X before!.....:ouch:

Lee: what's uuuup! mi amigooo! when are we gonna play again :] you miss those falcon matches? :colorful:

Rockettrainer if you read this, blow up!

:hunger:
done. and plz request off feb 28th. thats hobo 14

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Uhh okay? Roy R is most likely used to TX MK styles while NEO is used to MD/VA MKs. They play very different but are both amazing players. Not to mention NEO went to last stock pretty much last hit with Dojo, not sure about Infinity. The only way we would be able to tell if he broke even with them would be to play more games than two, really. Plus he lost to Infinity's Turtle MK at like 3 AM in Marth's worst matchup lmao how are you supposed to judge off that? What Ryko said was pretty spot on, too. You TX players are pretty profound in thinking your the best, when I'm sure Roy R himself would agree that he's as good as NEO. Roy R doesn't even travel much, so how do you know he doesn't just **** TX?
Neo is amazing yes and he did go last hit with Dojo, but Dojo also SD'ed at 32% the first stock on the second game and still won. Infinity JV 3 stocked Neo and then 2 stocked him IIRC the next match. Obviously they play different, but every player plays different and that's a pretty horrible excuse. Roy_R isn't used to playing Dojo/Infinity he lives like 6 hours away from them. They only play in tournament.
And also, ROFL @ saying "don't judge him off these friendlies!" You're resorting to the age old meatrider strategy "He was sandbagging!"? WTF guys I thought you were respectable, but come on.
I don't judge any player off of friendlies when comparing people. I don't even like judging people on videos. I don't understand how not judging friendlies makes you lose respect. I don't try my hardest when playing people I can beat easily and I doubt Roy does either.

I really hope I get to play Roy R soon. That way I can see for myself because you guys are basically telling us not to believe your evidence. I'm sure I won't be disappointed :D
That's more like it. Don't judge people unless you see them play in person or play them and compare who they lose/win against in tournament. I can't stand people theory talking about who is better.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

I'm not going to argue with any of you about your opinions, but I think it's pretty ******** that all of you are making conclusions based off of sets against MK's at one tournament, one of them being at 3 am. I doubt Roy_R beats every MK he plays, he's played Dojo more than once, and lost to him more than he has won, and he lost to Azen's Lucario - once. I beat Azen's Lucario in tournament once but I've lost to it twice. I'm not saying Roy_R isn't better than me, but the method you and your buddies are using to come to your conclusion just seems dumb.

But I'll leave you guys to this because it isn't that important.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Neo is amazing yes and he did go last hit with Dojo, but Dojo also SD'ed at 32% the first stock on the second game and still won. Infinity JV 3 stocked Neo and then 2 stocked him IIRC the next match. Obviously they play different, but every player plays different and that's a pretty horrible excuse. Roy_R isn't used to playing Dojo/Infinity he lives like 6 hours away from them. They only play in tournament.

I don't judge any player off of friendlies when comparing people. I don't even like judging people on videos. I don't understand how not judging friendlies makes you lose respect. I don't try my hardest when playing people I can beat easily and I doubt Roy does either.

That's more like it. Don't judge people unless you see them play in person or play them and compare who they lose/win against in tournament. I can't stand people theory talking about who is better.

First game was JV 3 and second game was last stock mid %, you didn't recall correctly lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
First game was JV 3 and second game was last stock mid %, you didn't recall correctly lol
My bad lol. I still think you are amazing and one of the best players, I'm just obviously biased toward Roy and now have a little evidence saying he's better lol. Either way you both ****.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I have to say this but.... Hylian it seems like any time you open your mouth its about how great Texas players are... just stop hyping them up so much honestly. Every time you got on the mic at cot4 you were braggin about em. I wish I was there so I could smack all of their ***** out of your mouth at once.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Sorry I have to say this but.... Hylian it seems like any time you open your mouth its about how great Texas players are... just stop hyping them up so much honestly. Every time you got on the mic at cot4 you were braggin about em. I wish I was there so I could smack all of their ***** out of your mouth at once.
Is it really bragging? Or is it just the truth? Texas players are pretty **** good. And I'm sure if you were there, you would have done nothing but lose. Texas > You

Back on topic, though. RoyR and Neo are equally good in my opinion. I haven't seen many fights of Neo, just because there aren't many on youtube. The few I've seen were ridiculous, though, and I learned a lot from watching just 2 of his matches. I've seen probably every video of Roy on youtube, studying them and watching him ****, and these videos just convinced me even more that he's one of if not the best Marth player in the USA. I'd be pretty happy if I was even near as good as Roy or Neo.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think we can't compare them accurately until we get them both at the same tourney playing against relatively equal competition a few times.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm sorry I love texas players lol. Most people there didn't even think we could get top 20 before the tournament and I didn't hype texas up AT ALL before the tournament because I was afraid we were going to get *****. Once Dojo/Infinity started wrecking people I was litterally amazed and really proud of them so of course I'm going to talk about it at the tournament. When my friends do amazing I'm going to support them. I really doubt you would punch me, I'm actually pretty friendly lol.

Top Bottom