• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC - March 14 - Anime Spring Fest - SSBB - FREE VENUE - Registration is CAPPED!

-dMT-

Smash Lord
RESULTS: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6933019#post6933019
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the people that brought you PolyBrawl, another SSBB Tournament is on the way, all in the middle of a huge Anime Festival hosted all over the school building with many tricks and treats! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tournament will be hosted by me and my crew Polytek, w/ Alex Strife.

SATURDAY March 14th

Registration begins at 11am
SSBB Doubles begins at 12pm noon
SSBB Singles begins when Doubles finishes
Ends by 10pm, so everyone can get home early!

Registration is CAPPED - First come first serve.

Singles: 32 entrants
Doubles: 16 teams

Tournament Prices

$10 Singles
$5 Doubles per teammate

Prizes

Singles
1st Place - 70%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - Free venue entry to PolyBrawl 2 - (will only pay pot)

Doubles

1st Place - 70%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - Free venue entry to PolyBrawl 2 - (will only pay pot)

Polytechnic Institute of NYU
6 Metrotech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Poly is located on Jay St. It is across the street from City Tech.

Subway - ( www.hopstop.com is your friend )
A, C, F - Take to Jay St. - Borough Hall and exit onto Jay St. / Myrtle Promenade. You should be right near the front entrance, there's a BIG Red Statue there and the front entrance says NYU:poly.

B, Q - Take to De Kalb Ave. Once you get off, transfer to the R, M train headed uptown toward Manhattan. Take it one short stop to Lawrence St... (refer to R, M directions...)

R, M - Take to Lawrence St. and take an exit around the mid area of the platform. Head up to Jay St., the busiest street in the area, hard to miss it. Head in the direction away from Fulton St., and towards City Tech / Marriot. Once you see the BIG Red Statue, head there and you should see the entrance to NYU: Poly.

2 ,3 ,4 , 5 - Take to Borough Hall. Walk towards Jay St. Similar to the directions for R, M trains, but you will be across the street on the other side of Jay. St. Look for the BIG Red Statue and head towards it and enter NYU:poly.

Cell Phone: (718) - 795 - 6223 - Call for any trouble with directions on the day of the event

INFORMATION

RULESET

Singles

• 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • No Items
  • No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)
  • If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You cannot quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
  • First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that cannot be used in counterpicks.
  • Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
  • You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: - each player can strike one stage and remaining stage is played

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Yoshi's Island (SSBB)

Counterpick Stages:

• Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Brinstar
  • Pokemon Stadium(Melee)

1. Standing and Small Step Infinites are BANNED .
  2. If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
  3. Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
  4. If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
  5. If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
Doubles

Same standard rules and stages as singles.

Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.

• Stock sharing is allowed.
  • Team Attack is on.

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedings will be determined by pools – each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (3) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections will be double blind pick – both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I wont mind coming by I am not going to that huge georgia tournament so this might be fun.

I'll help if needed

edit : i will talk to nj and pa and others to get them to come through

btw dmt u gotta go to viridian city mai dood

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I wont mind coming by I am not going to that huge georgia tournament so this might be fun.

I'll help if needed

edit : i will talk to nj and pa and others to get them to come through

btw dmt u gotta go to viridian city mai dood

I'm definitely coming thru to Viridian. Yes, I would appreciate your help for this tourney. I am also considering PolyBrawl 2 for the week after, March 21st, or should I go for March 28th?

NYC!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Oh yeah!! another NYC tourney!!. Looks like i got gametable get gimped tourney at feb 21st too. I got apex and this one too as well . Hopefully this one should give me a warmup for apex's tourney.

im just wonderingg, what day is offically apex's tourney? on alexs strifes thread on aib and perhaps swf, it says april 5-6 or 4-5 but in your siggy it says 25th and 26th so which is it???

and since the name says "animefest" will there be mucho animestuff? :3 der lol. I'm just assuming it's like Comic Con =3

edit you made a typo on your post, where it says on the reigstration time, it says 11pm, im assuming its 11am? :/ fix that xD

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Oh yeah!! another NYC tourney!!. Looks like i got gametable get gimped tourney at feb 21st too. I got apex and this one too as well . Hopefully this one should give me a warmup for apex's tourney.

im just wonderingg, what day is offically apex's tourney? on alexs strifes thread on aib and perhaps swf, it says april 5-6 or 4-5 but in your siggy it says 25th and 26th so which is it???

and since the name says "animefest" will there be mucho animestuff? :3 der lol. I'm just assuming it's like Comic Con =3

update is in teh thread go to it...http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211171&page=7

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Thanks for the fix hippiedude. Yes there is a big comic con type event in Poly that day which takes up about 4 floors of the school with anime showings, contess and panels with a lot of cosplayers and the likes.

The gym will be reserved for all gaming, and SSBB Singles and Doubles will be hosted in there.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
oh dang gay, apex got moved to may? why? x.X. Hopefully we've learned from CoT4 incident and makes things go smoothly with this and Apex <3. Make Nyc, proud dmt and light. I'ma def hit these up.

edit: OMFG., Dmt you are the best. Now i have more money to waste on. Is it legit to go cosplaying there? LOL. Btw comic con on javits center was the real ****. xD. And yeah np.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Finally...

An NYC tournament! Good stuff, dmt; Definitely going to this. If more setups are needed, I'll bring my Wii with Brawl.

Interesting choice to have Lylat and Yoshi's as CP's. Should make things very interesting.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I'll upate soon as to whether or not we will need setups, and if so how many. Thanks in advance guys!

NYC!

HelpR

Smash Ace
I'll be coming DMT, you wouldnt be able to run this thing without poly's helper. Cant wait.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
you should make polybrawl on da 21st of march because the Braw 'Til You Fall Spring will be on the 28th of March.

HelpR

Smash Ace
Sintros: The date is already set unfortunately, as if we were to do it on any date we'd end up going to another area. This tourney is being held in the gym, which is about 2 and a half times bigger then the lounge where we held the last tourney . Besides, some people can't really afford to spent 50 bucks several weeks in a row >>

nuker119

Smash Apprentice
helpr he was talking about poly brawl not the tourney during spring fest. for spring fest we got the gym but for poly brawl i believe we got regna, we'll have to talk to manga about it

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Sintros is referring to PoyBrawl 2, which I stated would be either on the 21st or 28th. This is locked for 14th.

I am more than likely going for 21st for PolyBrawl 2 though.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
yo dmt if i make flyers for apex ( which I am ) can u distribute at your events? I am going the local route for nyc since this venue i have is 20-30 mins away and I think , like mlg did, i can make this work

but im me we can talk

D1

Banned via Administration
Spring festt!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!! ^_^

NYC is BACK LIKE A HEARTATTACK XD.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Brawl Tourney in the school Gym! Gonna be soooooo spacious people gonna ask for wavebirds so they can chill in the back!

HYPE!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
seems like NY is starting to climb on the tourney hosting now... if knighttable's tourney is a sucess then, the first polytech should be succussed followed by this one... all leading towards to apex.. if all these go all well.. NY will be without a doubt one of the best on EC.... hellz yea good **** dmt!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
seems like NY is starting to climb on the tourney hosting now... if knighttable's tourney is a sucess then, the first polytech should be succussed followed by this one... all leading towards to apex.. if all these go all well.. NY will be without a doubt one of the best on EC.... hellz yea good **** dmt!

with me and knightmare running nyc nothing will go wrong...quality tournaments are better than anything

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Updated the entry fees guys. We have the School Gym for this one. It's gonna be BIG. I especially encourage any anime otakus to swing by if anything, for the epic convention that the school's Anime Society throws annually.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
this is just in 12 days and YET THERES NO HYPE FOR THIS? AND THERES A ANIMEFEST COMBINED WITH THIS? NON-SENSE!! THIS NEEDS HYPE NOW!!!!

wow so we're taking the gym now? thought we're taking that same room we had for gimped1 ;3. anyways hows the animefest gonna go? it's gonna be hosted ALL over the school? in like different floors of it? or combined with the brawl tourney in the gym? I have ****ing sat tutoring school so iunno if i can make it on time or be late on doubles, but at least make it to brawl singles :O ****ing hype man

-dMT-

Smash Lord
The Anime Fest is pretty much all day spread out on the first 4 floors of the school. The gym will have all the gaming in it, including the Brawl Tournament.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
wow, so how come i dont see any advisetment (outside wise ;3) on the animefest? i really wanna enjoi the animefest as well but the brawl tourney too =[... so animefest is gonna be like comic con style? (lol cosplaying) will a animefest be at polybrawl 2?

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Nah PolyBrawl 2 is just brawl. The Anime spring fest is hosted by the anime club of the school. They just let us, the gaming club, help out with the tournaments.

It's alrdy on AiB.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
LOL. OK the Spring Fest is planned from like september 08, waayyyyyy in advance. No way can the date for that change, and therefore this tourney date cannot change. Sorry dude, if you can;t make saturday you can't make this.

There will be a Brawl tournament the week after, on March 21st, at the same school, Poly. No anime con, but brawl doubles and singles. Won;t be in the gym, but honestly, gym is just a bonus for the anime fest, and isn't required since the lounge is just awesome comfy as is.

Look for PolyBrawl 2, that's the March 21st tournament.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I was never big on Anime, but I'll try to cosplay for this for that extra push in trying to be the very best, that no one ever was.

I'll start advertising this tournament like a mofo on AiB and other sites. HYPE!!!

Top Bottom