• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is Paw-some! - MWC: East Event #1- March 6-7th, Winona Lake, IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
LUCARIO IS PAW-SOME
MWC: East Tournament #1
MARCH 6TH-7TH, 2009
WINONA LAKE, INDIANA

YOUR TOURNAMENT ORGANIZERS: Blood Hawk and TheBlueBlade

VENUE:
Dastrn's SaC Venue, also home of last season's MWC Finals
1300 Wooster Road
Winona Lake, Indiana

Housing details:

The venue WILL have overnight housing for Friday night. You can choose to sleep in the quiet cabins to the east, or the venue itself, which will most likely be noisy due to the multitude of activities going on in said venue. Where you choose to sleep is entirely up to you.

The venue WILL NOT supply housing for Saturday night into Sunday. If you need housing on Saturday night, contact either myself or the BlueBlade and we will try to help you out as best we can.

COSTS:
$1 and $5 = SIDE TOURNAMENTS
$10 = SINGLES (SATURDAY)
$10/PERSON = DOUBLES (SATURDAY)
$5 = VENUE FEE (waived if you bring a set-up)

GRAND TOTAL = $25 (Possibly more if you enter the side tournaments. You should!!! :3).

Tentative Schedule (ALL TIMES EST):
FRIDAY
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - SMASHFEST!
6:00 - 7:00 PM - Side Tournament Registration
7:00 - 9:00 PM - Side Tournament
9:00 PM - 11:00 PM - 5-Man Crew Battles (if enough interest) or another Side Tournament
11:00 PM - Whenever you want to go to bed. - Open Play

SATURDAY*
11:00 AM - Doubles Registration & Friendlies
12:00 PM - Doubles Bracket (Sorry, no pools due to time :( )
After Doubles (Planned for 3:00 - 3:30 PM) - Lunch
4:00 - 5:00 PM - Singles Registration
5:30 - ??? PM - Singles Pools/Brackets

* Since past tournaments didn't end until 3-4 AM (and it has start to become quite the habit at most tournaments), we have pushed back all times to an earlier start time. I'd imagine most of you would like to play in singles as long as it doesn't start late. So, here's the deal, tournaments will start PROMPTLY so that we do not run over in time and run into the wee hours of the morning again. We will not hesitate to DQ anyone not ready for their matches. (Mage's DQ Rule)

AS ALWAYS:
BYOC

NON-SMASH RULES:
(Venue Rules)

= NO ALCOHOL... period. (Unless you plan on sharing some with me (that's a joke, BTW. Srsly, don't bring it. (Ok, maybe a little.... x3))).

= NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES! (Last time the venue was stunk up by a repugnant odor, we do not want that again. Especially with the owner of the venue checking up on us from time to time. It's a liability thing and I don't want to have any issues, so please leave it at home. I MEAN IT!!! :3)

= CIGARETTES / CIGARS ARE FINE. (Make sure the **** butts get thrown away and not on the ground! >> )

= PLEASE PICK UP AFTER YOURSELVES!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY FORM OF TRASH, PLEASE BE KIND AND WALK 5 FEET TO A NEARBY RECEPTACLE. I WOULD LIKE TO NOT HAVE TO SPEND AN HOUR OR TWO PICKING UP EVERYONE'S TRASH LIKE LAST TIME. ^^;

= KITCHEN, SOUNDBOARD, AND NURSERY AREA IS OFF LIMITS TO EVERYONE BUT TOURNAMENT STAFF. SO STAY OUT OF THESE AREAS. IT IS OK TO BE ON THE STAGE AS LONG AS YOU DON'T MESS WITH ANY OF THE INSTRUMENTS. YOU BREAK THEM, YOU BUY THEM!!!

= IF YOU GO TO THE CABINS TO SLEEP, DO NOT GO DOWNSTAIRS. THERE IS A LOT OF JUNK DOWN THERE AND IT IS VERY DARK. WE DO NOT NEED PEOPLE GETTING INJURED.

= DO NOT BREAK ANYTHING OR DEFACE ANY PROPERTY. TREAT ALL PROPERTY AS IF IT WERE YOUR OWN PLEASE. I'D LIKE TO BE ABLE TO KEEP USING THIS VENUE.

= QUESTIONS??? - Contact myself or TheBlueBlade.

= THANK YOU.

RULES:
- 3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

- Double Elimination

- Items are set to "off" and "none"

- All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

- In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide claw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Double-blind picks may be called at any time.

-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

-Stage Knock-outs: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match (i.e., the entire best 2-out-of-3 or best 3-out-of-5). This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.

-Team Attack: On

-Life-Stealing: Allowed

- Stalling is banned.

-Stage strike system will be used.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

STAGES:

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

COUNTER-PICK STAGES:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Delfino
Luigi's Mansion (Cry me a river)
Hanenbow (It's really banned, but I bet I had you going for a second.)

BANNED STAGES:
Pirate Ship
75m
Green Greens
Port Town Aero Dive
Distant Planet
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Mario Circuit
Onett
Skyworld
Corneria

CONTACT INFO:
TheBlueBlade
CELL: (574) 220-3991
E-Mail: nderanek@ivytech.edu

Blood Hawk
Cell: (574) 387-0104
AIM: Chaoslucario@aol.com

BRING SET UPS PEOPLE!

You'll get your venue fee waived if you do ~ ;3

Set Ups: 13
Blood Hawk
TheBlueBlade
Hilt
XeroXen
Dark Kakashi
What's The Point
Kirk
OS (Wii)
Asdioh (TV)
Ducky
Cr4sh
Javix
MachingunNorm
Nope

LIST OF ATTENDEES:

Blood Hawk
SamuraiPanda
TheBlueBlade
Mister Eric
Overswarm
Dark Kakashi
lou4222
Xisin
Hilt
XeroXen
What's The Point
Kel
Infern Angelis
Dr. X
Rowan
Kirk
Ook
MachinegunNorm
Asdioh
Mr. E
Anther
Lain
Needle of Juntah
Omniswell
Ripple
Chewyy
Ducky
Javix
Black
Cr4sh
Vayseth
Judge
Smash64
AlphaZealot
Capem
Fonz
Quivo
Nope
Champ
Cake
Epic Proportions
Oreo (Excel)
AvaricePanda
Ally
BOODA
Y.B.M.
Dope
Tactical
YES!

*Synthe?
*RandomLax?
*Toph?
*ithrowthings?
*Thinkaman?
*KingYoshi?

CONFIRMED COUNT = 49
POSSIBLES COUNT = 6
TOTAL POSSIBLE COUNT = 55

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I should be able to make this, barring any scheduling with work, but I will make sure to take the weekend off. ^_^

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
This might be my last tournament in the MW. I'm not positive, but it is possible. If not, I plan on hosting another small scale, non circuit shindig as a going away tourney. Things are still uncertain as to when I will actually be leaving for Pheonix, but it will be sometime around April-June depending on our housing and job situation.

Kel

Smash Master
this is 5 days before I go to Japan. Hopefully I get a ride from someone around here. This'll be my last tournament until December, guys (at least in the US).

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wish I could be there, ya'll! Make it a good one for Kel's last US tournament!

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
lol skip.. it says in the title IN which is Indiana.

anyways i'm going to have to change the date of my tournament but that shouldn't be a problem.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Yes. Please bring set ups people. Let me know if you are for sure bringing one, so I can write you down as bringing one. I want to have at least 8-10 set ups like last time. The more set-ups, the faster everything will run.

Could one of you MI guys PM me a list of who will be attending when you get things situated? I want to keep a list of attendees.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'll bring a setup. It's possible that someone else from louisville will be able to as well, but that's unconfirmed.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'm definatly coming to this, and mabye I'll actually meet some of you this time, rather than be Mr. Shy alot(again).

Anywho, I can probably *definantly* bring a setup, but the TV will have a slight problem with sound, but it's easily fixed by putting something weighted on the AV cords.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I got laid off from my job... if I can collect on unemployment then I can make it. The main issue is gas money gas money gas money. TYM 4 is on the same day and is way closer and I have a much better chance of pulling some money from that. It would probably be smarter for me to go, but the competition wouldn't be as fierce. If I do go I should be able to bring BYAA!, RidlR, King Yoshi (unless he goes to TYM 4)

so put me down as possible +3

Vayseth

Smash Master
Someone give Kel a ride!

Also VayVay. I might have you covered bro. I'll keep ya posted.
If you're serious, I can go. I'll pack my own food in a cooler or something and bring it with me and keep it in the fridge there. So all I'd need is my entries paid. Gas money too, unless someone is willing to let me go for free if I drive there and back or something.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This might be my last tournament in the MW. I'm not positive, but it is possible. If not, I plan on hosting another small scale, non circuit shindig as a going away tourney. Things are still uncertain as to when I will actually be leaving for Pheonix, but it will be sometime around April-June depending on our housing and job situation.
Dude, that f'ing sucks, man. The midwest won't be the same without you, man.

And I hope you've been practicing TvC. Come this MWC, I wanna see you taking top 5 in the TvC side tourney :D

Vayseth

Smash Master
Deal.

I'll bring a full set up.
Looks like I'm going =D WTP, let's get a group together! Judge, Omni, NoJ, Myself and you? Maybe you can get us over here or we can go to Lansing or something. I think going to Lansing would be easier for all of us, since we only have to go straight down 69 from there and not have to worry about 94. Omni, let me know if you can take us to Lansing like we did for the Champs.

Thank you everyone :D:D:D:D:D

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I want to make it VERY CLEAR here.

Blood_Hawk said:
= NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES! (Last time the venue was stunk up by a repugnant odor, we do not want that again. Especially with the owner of the venue checking up on us from time to time. It's a liability thing and I don't want to have any issues, so please leave it at home. I MEAN IT!!! :3)
I got moderately sick last time because of this, and I have talked it over with the rest of the MW board, if you are caught smoking weed, etc. or even smell heavily enough of the odor that is apparent you were smoking weed, YOU WILL BE DQ'D. NO EXCEPTIONS. I honestly don't want to throw friends out the door, so please just don't do it.

But other than that, come on over and have lots of fun.

Oh, and setup here.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I want to make it VERY CLEAR here.

I got moderately sick last time because of this, and I have talked it over with the rest of the MW board, if you are caught smoking weed, etc. or even smell heavily enough of the odor that is apparent you were smoking weed, YOU WILL BE DQ'D. NO EXCEPTIONS.

But other than that, come on over and have lots of fun.

Oh, and setup here.
What if by happenstance a skunk happens to spray you or your friends sprayed you with weed cologne right before the tournament? It's not very likely that these things will happen I'm just looking out for everyone's best interest.

j/k j/k

Also, JUDGE WE HAVE TO PLAY SOME FRIENDLIES. I DROVE YOUR *** TO PHILLY AND DIDN'T GET TO FACE YOUR MK EVEN ONE TIME!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
The weed decision is not one that we have any wiggle room on. The venue is owned by a church, and at one of my tournaments there this summer, one of my buddies had a little pot out on a table, and one of the elders of the church came by to see all the fun, and asked if he could help out by cleaning up trash or anything. He's totally not one to judge, seeing as he spent 7 years in prison before becoming "church folk" but it reflected poorly on me.

Indiana laws are not flexible with marijuana. I'm sorry we have to be such hardasses about this one, but we can't afford for ourselves or for the venue to have legal issues on our hands.

I appreciate everyone's willingness to cooperate, and I hope you don't feel like we're trying to judge anyone or judge the plant itself. I wholeheartedly support legalizing marijuana, and have absolutely no issue with it or marijuana supporters.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
this is 5 days before I go to Japan. Hopefully I get a ride from someone around here. This'll be my last tournament until December, guys (at least in the US).
Dr.X, Infern, or myself will be driving you. No way you can miss this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom