• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Walk Chain Grab - Falco, stop showing off!

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
This in no way, currently, helps out the Falco metagame.

Falco has always been one of those flashy characters with all those AT's and random cool stuff we, the Falco Boards, discover.

Now the Blue Pigeon has a "new" little dance for everyone.

Pivot Walk Chain Grab

It's essentially what it sound like. A Chain Grab where you Pivot Walk.
It's all flash.

How To:
Grab
D-throw (Hold "A" during the throw animation)
Pivot Walk (Smack the little yellow stick Up-Back-Diaganol)
Release "A"
Grab
(Repeat)
Remember:You hold forward throughout the entire time, until the D-Throw. You obviously gotta hit down.

I don't know the properties of the Pivot Walk on Falco (Certain Characters like Marth and Sonic get a massive walking speed boost). So I cannot answer if it extends his Chain Grab. So if someone can find out that would be amazing.

Also:
If your quick enough you can B-air out of the pivot and reverse Nair. (Hmmmm.....Combos?)

That's all I have right now.

(Vids)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGPoSoNYeyY --Done by llBluBll (It's starts being done correrctly after the 0:35 mark)

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
ahahaha this is great!
definitely makes falco more flashy
no wonder black ppl main falco (me,sk92 lol)
gonna test it out when i get home see what i can do with it
good ish!

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
ahahaha this is great!
good ish!
sk92 and a nobody WOW

basketball is played only by white people since me and my bro play occasionaly

wangston

Smash Lord
Have you done this or are you just telling us how to do it. I just tried it and it's complicated. not to mention holding a feels weird.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Have you done this or are you just telling us how to do it. I just tried it and it's complicated. not to mention holding a feels weird.
I've done it, just on my brother.
It's hard to do, but it just looks really funny.

And holding "A" is necessary for a Pivot walk.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, great idea on spicing up the old boring chain grab with a doop walk haha.

I'm wondering if doing this, will the opponent be able to escape this or is it a just a regular walking cg? I might try it for the lulz xD

OverLade

Smash Hero
This is awsome. Now people wont complain when I put chaingrabs in my combo video....if I SEX THEM UP. :D

J4pu

Smash Champion
it looks like it's escapable every time during the video

@red, if this works people will still complain because everybody will be doing this and it wont be as new as it seems right now.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
it looks like it's escapable every time during the video

@red, if this works people will still complain because everybody will be doing this and it wont be as new as it seems right now.
It does but you know if you do it right it works, right?

*wisheshehadacamera*

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Wouldn't this increase Falco's grab range ever so slightly?

I don't know very much about the pivot walk, but I was under the impression that Falco's was one of the few that made him move faster than his normal walk (though it was still fairly useless).

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
ahahaha this is great!
good ish!
not to mention DEHF,keitaro and D1 are all black.

sigh i called it when i said there wont be any more useful techs for falco discovered anymore.... i mean snake can pull a grenade during all of this...

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna play around with this tonight. Hopefully it's possible to speed up the doop walking so that Snake can't get out of it.

faceholerope

Smash Cadet
wait I thought that snake could pull out a grenade after the second throw to stop your chaingrab

faceholerope

Smash Cadet
falcos get all the flashy stuff :(
This isn't really especially useful though. All it does is make it easier for you to mess up the chaingrab just too look cooler. There's no real benefit (to my knowledge)

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but he stated that at the beginning. This doesn't advance meta game, except for maybe being a provoking and baiting AT.

D1

Banned via Administration
Time for me to be a jerk and start pulling these out in frendlies. In tourney I wouldn't risk it cuz I don't want ppl getting out cuz of me messing it up.

Good find regardless of how little it boosts Falco's metagame as you said in the first post...

...it still looks COOL AS HELL XDDDD!

faceholerope

Smash Cadet
but how likely is it that you're gonna be frame perfect during the chaingrab? is it relatively easy to be frame perfect with the chain?

kismet2

Smash Ace
but how likely is it that you're gonna be frame perfect during the chaingrab? is it relatively easy to be frame perfect with the chain?
It's easy to chain grab yes. But if Snake can pull out a grenade you're not pulling it off fast enough. Just like Dedede's Chain grab, if Snake can pull a grenade out then the Dedede player is just a smidget off.

raydude

Smash Apprentice
i dont get it.....is this like the spin sliding thread/video of tommy_G ? :S

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Kinda, but dont worry, the mods should close this off and tell us to use the video thread for it.

btw Where did these mods come from and where were they when we really needed them? Now they're closing thread that are somewhat productive or at least have intentions of being productive. Anyone remember the bread discussions?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
*Looksatdatebetween2topics*

Oh, I figured out that you can Bair out of the pivot for a hit, but I don't know what to do after that...
You can pivot Dair, but that just has no purpose, yet.

TommyG I know you have them quick fingers, can you check if you PW-IAP out of this (Combo/Shortened), it just crossed my mind.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
*Looksatdatebetween2topics*

Oh, I figured out that you can Bair out of the pivot for a hit, but I don't know what to do after that...
You can pivot Dair, but that just has no purpose, yet.

TommyG I know you have them quick fingers, can you check if you PW-IAP out of this (Combo/Shortened), it just crossed my mind.
Pivot Walk to IAP? in what kind of setup are you talking about? and yes you can pivot walk into iap. If you're asking out of cg, you're better off just IAPing or doing some other stuff.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Pivot Walk to IAP? in what kind of setup are you talking about? and yes you can pivot walk into iap. If you're asking out of cg, you're better off just IAPing or doing some other stuff.
Yeah I meant off the CG. I just want to see what the flashiest combo is with Falco.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
btw Where did these mods come from and where were they when we really needed them? Now they're closing thread that are somewhat productive or at least have intentions of being productive. Anyone remember the bread discussions?
Azua's adding mods to all the rooms iirc. Each character board will get its designated mod. It's weird she chose Mini Mic though since other boards got a regular of the character board appointed.

Denzi

Smash Master
Azua's adding mods to all the rooms iirc. Each character board will get its designated mod. It's weird she chose Mini Mic though since other boards got a regular of the character board appointed.

I pretty sure there wasn't a Falco who was a mod, and if there was, they didn't frequent the board.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

I pretty sure there wasn't a Falco who was a mod, and if there was, they didn't frequent the board.
No Falco frequenter that I know became the Falco mod. Mini Mic might have have been a lurker iunno, but he's our designated mod now.

Top Bottom