• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

♥Exploding Hearts: A guide to Peach Bomber♥

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Peach Bomber Guide by Airgemini

Table of Contents

♥1.0 Introduction♥
- Why I made this guide
- This move in Brawl

♥2.0 When to use this move♥
- Ground vs. Air
- As an edgaurding tool
- Surprise attack
- Recovering

♥3.0 Risk vs Reward♥
- Risks
- Reward

♥4.0 Techniques♥
- Slingshot Bomber
- Smash Bomber
- Ledge cancelling

♥5.0 Conclusion♥

♥1.0 Introduction♥

- Why I made this guide
I made this guide really because I was bored and felt like it and I wanted to post a new thread, also because the hearts relative to Valentines Day :p. I think this move is slightly underrated, I believe it has nice potential if used right.

- This move in Brawl
The Peach Bomber is a move in which Peach launches forward and hits opponents with her *** and when she does an explosion of hearts come out and she bounces back a little. In Brawl this was probably one of Peach's biggest buffs. Compared to Melee this move is so much better. It has a lot more range and and the start up and cool down of the move isn't nearly as bad as it was. This move is a nice recovery tool since it covers a lot of distance. Two or three Peach Bombers can go the distance of Final Destination. Unfortunately one think that wasnt changed was that it still goes through sheilds unfortunately.Also this move doesnt have the best priority in the game and can be interrupted by almost any attack in the game.

Peach Bomber frame data (kudos to hotgarbage):

aerial Peach Bomber hits on frame 33

Grounded Peach Bomber:
1-23 startup
24-39 hitbox out
40-72 landing lag

Peach Bomber has 33 frames of landing lag

There are 3 levels of landing lag for this move. If you land it during her "Bomber" animation you'll get 33 frames of landing lag. If you land it after that you get 25 frames of landing lag. If you land it near the end of the move you'll get 14 frames of landing lag.

Ledge canceled Peach Bombers have less landing lag.

♥2.0 When to use this move♥

- Ground vs. Air

I'd say this move is probably one of her mroe situational ones and sometimes depends solely on chance wheither you hit or miss. There aren't really any major differences when it comes to doing it on the air or ground but I personally think the air is slightly better, mainly because it's slightly less punishable if the opponent happens to sheild, and appears to have a little lingering hit box to it. Sometimes you'll think the move is just over but near the end it hits. On the ground you're more open to punsish becuase of the landing lag and most opponents can dodge and hit with a smash attack or whatever and hit you as you endure landing lag (one example would be Jigglypuff's Rest).

- As an edgegaurding tool

Personally I believe this is an AMAZING edgegaurding move if it hits. If you line yourself up and hit with it while they're recovering to the stage in the air and they're at percents over 110% they most likely wont be recovering back unless they're a glider or has multi jumps/ good recovery. This strategy is awesome against characters like Link who have a very feeble horizontal/ vertical recovery. This move has a nice little semi-spike to it and launches opponents at a downward diagonal angle.

- Recovery

DO NOT use the Peach Bomber to recover right away if sent off the stage. This move actually gives you a boost torwards the blast zones rather than helping. It's best if you do a Uair followed by a second jump and then Peach Bomber your way back to the stage. Doing this is pretty good since you dont have to waste your Parasol or Float which you might need incase a turn of events comes. As I said earlier about 2 or 3 Peach Bombers can get you the distance of Final Destination. However you are very vulnerable from attacks below and above, some characters can Uair you and kill you if you're not careful (cough cough Zelda).

- Surprise attack
This is an okay surprise attack in my opinion. It's slightly not predictable if you dont use it most of the match. It can throw opponents off balance if it hits.

♥3.0 Risk vs. Reward♥

This move is somewhat like a risk/reward move (think of Jigglypuff's Rest), in the fact that if you land it it could be pretty rewarding depending on the opponents damage or a major risk if they sheild and punsish.

Rewards:
- A free fresh 15%
- If used on the edge can make it impossible for opponent to recover (varies among characters)
- Can be a nice attack to throw opponents off balance
- Can help set up nice edgegaurds

There are probably more rewards than mentioned but that's all I could conjure :p. I think its best reward is it's edgegaurd possibilities.

Risks:
- Punishment especially if they sheild

This move can get you killed if you miss (Lucas's Usmash). I highly suggest using move only when you think it'll really hit, otherwise you're really asking yourself to get a stock taken away.

♥4.0 Techniques♥

There's about three actual techniques that come with this move so far in the game's current progress. Nothing tier breaking but they can be helpful.

- Slingshot Bomber

The Slingshot Bomber is the same as the regular but with less range. Peach leans back a little before launching her *** at enemies. This is partially useful because it really throws off opponents timings since they might not know that you can influence how far the range can go. By doing this you can also hit opponents behind you. This is performed by using the Peach Bomber but tilting your control stick back a little before she launches. You should notice that she goes back a little and them forward.

Example of it hitting behind:

- Smash Bomber

The Smash Bomber has the most range out of the three as you can tell by where she lands compared to the pictures above. It goes slightly past the regular by about maybe 5 or 7 footsteps approximetly. This is probably the best all round option unless you want to confuse your opponent or just like the other ones more. You perform this by smashing the control stick as if doing a smash attack plus Peach Bomber. Whatever floats your boat :/

- Ledge Canceling

Not really an official technique. More like something that you can just keep in mind just incase or whatever. Doing this cancels Peach's landing lag when doing a Peach Bomber and she basically slides off the ledge. I believe you can do this to get quick invincibilty frames by grabbing the edge after cancelling. You can also do aerials after you cancel. I believe this is honestly her best way of using this move because even if your opponents shield you'll go straight past them and to the ledge and gain invincibility frames :D. You perform this by doing a Peach Bomber from a distance from the edge so that you barley fall off the ledge.

♥Conclusion♥

In conclusion I'd say this is a nice move with some potential. Sure it's not her best move but it's definately not her worst ;). I hope with some of this information that you're more inspired to incorporate this move into you game more than you normally do or more period. So um... Yeah let hear those HAA CHA!!!

HOLLA!!!!!!

BentoBox

Smash Master
It's best if you do a Uair followed by a second jump and then Peach Bomber your way back to the stage. Doing this is pretty good since you dont have to waste your second jump or Float which you might need incase a turn of events comes.
Incoherence!

Otherwise good stuff :D

Oh and I believe Ricky was asking when it is that Bomber would bounce off people's shields and when you would go right through, but nobody could answer him~ It'd be nice if you could cover that too.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Nice Air. :bee:

Happy Love Day Everyone!

I'm just wondering, what version of the bomber is the bstick version?

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Nice work air... and yes Meno happy love day everobody!!!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hup CHAAAAA!!!

Silly Ha Chaaa...(even if it is the proper version)

Regarding the shield thing and whether it hits or not, I think it's because the Peach Bomber hits part of the body that isn't covered by a shield

Nice guide airge ^^ and Happy Valentine's Day everyone

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
Nice guide, I like it. I'm a big fan of Peach Bomber, and I'm very guilty of overusing it :( It's good for stalling in the air, and I love to use it to avoid moves (like Usmash) when your opponent is waiting for the kill

Yes, you could add the frame data, but idk how much detail we want for this. I think Niko has something in his frame data thread, but the only thing he has for Peach bomber is:
Side-B first hits on frame 23
Ugh, Valentines.

More like Viletimes :(

Yes, I'm very alone

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Also it's important to know that you can perform aerials with turnips (or any other item) IN HAND right after you successfuly hit someone with it. Bomber->Fair works at very low %s if bad DI'd.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Hi2U SPY. You seem to have a pretty good handle of peach. You don't post much though, what gives? The more the merrier! (we desperately need friendly faces around ._.)

I really liked your floatland tutorial btw.

Also it's important to know that you can perform aerials with turnips (or any other item) IN HAND right after you successfuly hit someone with it. Bomber->Fair works at very low %s if bad DI'd.
I've actually been telling myself that I should practice fighting with a turnip in hand at all times. Could be useful against Rob/Diddy~

SPYMOFT

Smash Cadet
Hi2U SPY. You seem to have a pretty good handle of peach. You don't post much though, what gives? The more the merrier! (we desperately need friendly faces around ._.)
Im kinda new to smash boards, old fan of smash but never had internet nor did i know of this site. thanks for the kind welcome :)

thanks, i was kinda angry that i found out someone already knew of the floatland and called it that... i found out like in January and called it LIFT, but never got around of posting a vid of it lol.

JaYJaY8482

Smash Rookie

I've actually been telling myself that I should practice fighting with a turnip in hand at all times. Could be useful against Rob/Diddy~
Lol, My cousin(SPYMOFT) and I prefer to call it L.I.F.T which stands for Ledge Instant Float Technique :D pretty cool name that makes sense xD

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Actually scratch that. I think it always work from 0-10%. Fair's range is awesome.

Top Bottom