• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xzaxfest 1 | 2-16-09 Rockledge, PA TOMORROW!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Price

-Venue Fee: $2
-Singles: $5
-Doubles: $10 a team($5 a person)

Payout

Singles

1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%

Doubles

1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%

Schedule

1PM -Doors open/ Sign ups
1:40 PM- Doubles
Singles starts RIGHT after doubles ends!
Everyone has to be out at 9, if the tournament isn't over by then we will finish but that is it!

Rules

-Please arrive on time. If you are late, I can not guarantee you a spot in whatever tourney you are late for.
-There are no refunds.
- Whether you are in a tourney or not, if you are in the venue you must pay the venue fee.
-Trash talking is allowed, and is encouraged! We love the hype! However, please do not distract the players too much at their discretion. Respect their right to focus on a match.
* Any destruction of anyone's property at the venue will not be tolerated, and in the case of such an event, you will be asked to leave.
- No drugs, alcohol, or any crap like that in there. If you have any, you will be kicked out.

Singles:

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

No Items

No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You can not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.

Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.

You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

* Counterpick Stages:

o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
o Pokemon Stadium 2

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab.
-Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person with LOWER percent wins.

Doubles

- Same standard rules and stages as singles.
- Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
-Stock sharing is allowed.
-Team Attack is on.

Where:
1005 Burke Ave
Rockledge, PA

AIM= xzax1337
Home Phone: (215)-379-2473

People that ARE coming:
Xzax
2Die
Vex Kasrani
AndyG
.com
Steel2nd
Myera
Bnzaaa
Scar
Rogue Pit
TUSM
phillyrider807
Mib
Squall
ChiboSempai
Aztec
Aztec's Bro

People that MIGHT come:
Rush
Ussi
KayLo
Cylf
Keitaro

All is Brawl Link

TV's
2- Xzax

Wii's
1- Xzax
1- AndyG
1- Vex
1- ChiboSempai

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
"The Colors Duke, the Colors!" (mad old :laugh:)

I'll be there late. Hopefully in time for singles. If not for singles, then for extreme friendlies :).

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
UPDATE: This tournament is happening, you can come as early as 1 pm, unless you want to help out. We need to wrap up before 9:30 PM, and help clean up >.>

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Well I think I'll be able to go, it's like a 70% chance of going and 30% chance of not going. It doesn't seem like the tourney will be long though. Hopefully I can go.

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Still unsure of going or not, although I really want to go. I'll try to update once I find out for sure.
(If I go, my bro goes as well, cause he's the one with the car)

EDIT:Since my bro controls if I can go or not, how many stations are there going to be?(He wants to know)

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Sighs. MIB never picked up his phone. Me and TUSM are at my house just waiting. I'll keep trying to call him but it looks like we not coming. I know me and kaylo are going to the biweekly though.

Top Bottom