• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Thread (Updated 01/13/2010) -- Please Submit Ratios and Summaries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Hey there, ladies. Shiri again with another breath of fresh air for you this evening.

Here's how our matchup system is going to work for the near future. The Yoshi Back Room has come to a general conclusion that one matchup thread with discussion going back and forth (as well as limiting character discussion to a time frame) is a not-so-hot idea. We're going to go back and do this Melee-stylez now; each matchup will have its own thread, started by one of the Back Room members. That thread will be open indefinitely and the opening post will contain a synopsis of the matchup that will be updated over time. This opening post will contain links to those individual threads. Also, links to other characters' boards will be provided.

We're going to probably have only two matchups being actively discussed at a time, but you can post whenever you want in any of the matchup threads to share your opinions. If you would like to see a matchup thread made soon about a particular matchup, post here and we will make it happen in time. Priority does not go to top tiers, but rather, to characters who get the most interest from the public.

If you are from another character board, I need you to read this part; it's very important. Please please please do not post in here about actual matchup stuff or make your own matchup threads on these boards. Please just don't. If you want to see a matchup thread that hasn't been made yet, post here instead. If your boards are discussing the Yoshi matchup, please post here or in the individual matchup thread. Do not make threads just saying, "The (insert character here) boards are discussing Yoshi." I will infract hard and unendingly.

:skull: indicates matchups with complete summaries.
:embarrass indicates matchups awaiting summaries.

Matchup Threads

Original Matchup Thread by Kiwikomix

Matchup Thread v2 by Mmac

:embarrass [60:40] Bowser -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [60:40] Captain Falcon -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [50:50] Captain Olimar -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [40:60] Diddy Kong -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:skull: [45:55] Donkey Kong -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [40:60] Falco -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [50:50] Fox -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [65:35] Ganondorf -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [55:45] Ice Climbers -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [50:50] Ike -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [60:40] Jigglypuff -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [45:55] King Dedede -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [50:50] Kirby -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [60:40] Link -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [35:65] Lucario -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [55:45] Lucas -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [50:50] Luigi -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [50:50] Mario -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [35:65] Marth -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [40:60] Mr. Game and Watch -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [40:60] Meta Knight -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:skull: [45:55] Ness -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [50:50] Peach -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [45:55] Pikachu -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [45:55] Pit -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [60:40] Pokémon Trainer -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [45:55] R.O.B. -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:skull: [35:65] Samus -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [50:50] Sheik -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [40:60] Solid Snake -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [55:45] Sonic the Hedgehog-- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [40:60] Toon Link -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [50:50] Wario -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [35:65] Wolf -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [45:55] Zelda -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

:embarrass [50:50] Zero Suit Samus -- Versus Yoshi | Character Matchup Thread

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: We are going to forego matchup ratios and just do writeups.

The links to discussions for active threads are already provided (we're starting with Mario, Kirbz, and Pikachu) and, as noted in the opening post, writeups will be performed after a substantial amount of data has been accumulated in the individual matchup threads.

Writeups for matchups that have already been discussed under Kiwi's and Mmac's matchup threads are coming down the pipe and will be available shortly.

Airborne

Smash Lord
this looks awesome, shiri! i know i haven't been around the forums much lately, but i'm loving this new alive thread style everyone has now! thank god for the yoshi backroom!!! ^.^

Gindler

Smash Champion
A wolf matchup would be nice. I just played a good campy wolf for the first time and I had major trouble just getting close to the guy

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Noted. I think Wolf would be a good place to go as well, especially since it's one of PRiDE's non-favorites.

When you guys get the chance (don't do it like...imediately), just give some thought as to what you would like to discuss next (just like Gindler has). This lets us plan for the next matchup threads that will be coming out.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Do we at least get a nifty chart? We should make one, get the ratios from Mmac's thread, changes Zelda to 4.0, and put it here.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay, I really want to discuss Diddy Kong again.

Reasons Why:
--Bananas with DR
--Corneria+Bananas+DR

Really, it's interesting go into training with bananas and try the DR stuff with bananas. It's fantastic.

Shiri

Smash Chump
Do we at least get a nifty chart? We should make one, get the ratios from Mmac's thread, changes Zelda to 4.0, and put it here.
:yoshi: We are forgoing matchup ratios, as noted earlier in the thread.

As such, a chart is not necessary.

Also, as I've noted earlier, synopses from Kiwi's and Mmac's threads are coming down the pipe.

Chaco, your matchup suggestion has been noted.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
How about discussing fatass Wario? I'm not so sure that we have a 60:40 advantage anymore. Yeah, it'll probably be better to not use matchup ratios, at least until we have a load of info for everyone.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yeah, I think we'll probably release Wario in the next round of matchup threads.

I know people are itching to come back to this one.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Alright, how does Peach/Wolf/Wario sound for the next round of threads?

They'll be coming out next week, so please contribute to the current ones until then (and even afterwards).

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm down with that. I struggle so badly against Wolf. It's like taking on a monster with those wicked down and forward smashes. For sure I'm going to need some pointers.

Sharky

Smash Master
Doubt it, but it was quite punny, nonetheless. XD

Those match-ups look good for the next wave. I've actually had a few peach problems lately, as well.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Can someone find me the Olimar posts, like dealing with him. I can't find them and I need them.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I started looking for the Olimar posts earlier today; don't know how I got sidetracked.

I'll find them tomorrow, I guess.

Also, King Dedede boards and Toon Link boards are discussing their matchup with us. I'd put links here, but I'm lazyyyyyy~

.Marik

is a social misfit
We really need to start another Zero Suit Samus/Yoshi matchup discussion...

It's definetly not 5.5-4.5 our favour. I got brutally ***-***** by one at a Tournament, due to the armour throwing spam.

Maybe we should reconsider? Or at least find out more about how to deal with her?

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Sort this out guys! The games been out ages and there's hardly anything to go on here =|

Yoshi boards needs a match-up thread like the Zelda boards have

bigman40

Smash Master
Sort this out guys! The games been out ages and there's hardly anything to go on here =|

Yoshi boards needs a match-up thread like the Zelda boards have
The Yoshi boards are going through renvations. We have a ton of information buried deep under many other posts that came along.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
The Yoshi boards are undergoing a lot of change. Maybe we'll end up being like the Zelda boards, maybe not.

Also, I request a return of the Meta Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom