• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Music Swap - Version 2 is OUT (Updated June 8)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
DOWNLOAD LINK v2
Mirror 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CCOVIFE6
Mirror 2: http://files.filefront.com/UTDZacBrawlMusicSwapzip/;13751731;/fileinfo.html
Mirror 3: http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/23986/UTDZacBrawlMusicSwap.zip (Don't use unless others don't work)

Introduction
Not sure how many people know about it, but it's possible to change the music that plays on your favorite stages without having to startup homebrew all the time. Basically, you load up some codes which alters your save file (your My Music settings) and it swaps around the music on the stages. For example, you can even have the same music, like the battle with Tabuu, playing on all of the neutral stages.

How to Use v2
1) Install homebrew on your wii. There are instructions everywhere on the internet on how to do this.

2) Place the Cheat Manager and GeckoOS apps on your SD card. You will use the Cheat Manager app through Homebrew to create your GCT files automatically. No more PC GCT file creation necessary.

3) Download and install java. Search google for 'Download Java'

4) Launch the program "BrawlMusicSwap.jar" by double-clicking it and follow instructions.

5) Save the text file(s) to the 'txtcodes' folder on your SD card.

6) Start up Homebrew Channel and launch the Cheat Manager app.
Select the swap file you created and press [+] on the WiiMote, then [1] to create the code file.

6a) After you create the GCT file once, you don't have to do it again. You only have to launch Cheat Manager each time you want to change what codes are active. You can use this app to help you easily reset all of your music codes to play online, then when you're done change the codes back to your custom music hacks.

7) Then go back to the Homebrew channel and start GeckoOS. Launch the game and you're done.

Note: You only have to load up the swap codes once, then it changes your Brawl save file permanently. This means you don't have to load Homebrew to hear your swapped music. If you want to change them all back to the original just use the 'Original Song List' found in the program.

Pictures

FAQ
Q: Why are some of my stages missing music/songs?
A: You mean like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGnUf84bB54

Then use this code:
Code:
4A000000 9017B88C
16000000 0000001C
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000FFF 00000000
Q: Why do some stages have 12 songs (Halberd) and others only 2 (Green Greens)?
A: My Music in Brawl limits how many songs each stage can have. It is impossible to add MORE songs than can fit normally in My Music.

Q: Is there any downside to swapping my music around?
A: Stages that you have swapped music for will causes problems when you try to play on them online. I'm not sure if there is a fix for this issue. You can, however, put the 'Original Song List' file in your txtcodes folder and load it each with Cheat Manager each time you want to play online. That way all of your music will reset to normal.

Q: What happens if I try to play online with swapped music?
A: If the game tries to load a song online that you have different from other players, then your Wii will freeze.

Q: Why can't I listen to the music through your program?
A: If I put all the game's music in my program, it would be huge. Also, I'd probably get sued or something. Just go to Youtube and copy/paste song titles in there.

Q: Can I put my own music from outside the game on stages?
A: Get an Ipod. Other than that, I hear it is possible, but that is not what this program does. This program simply swaps music around that is already in the game. Getting your own music from outside the game on stages requires having an SD card with the music on it and loading Homebrew every time.

Q: What happens if I change my music and later decide I want the originals back?
A: Simply load up the program, press the "Original Song Codes" button, and then load the file through Cheat Manager and GeckoOS.

Q: Why can't I changed the music on Hanenbow?
A: That's simply because there is no music at all for Hanebow. the only 'music' is from characters and Hanebow hitting the leaves and the water. If you try to load a hex code then change it through My Music, chances are you will freeze the game.

Known Issues
* Hanenbow music cannot be changed. It will freeze the game. (This is game's fault, not mine, see FAQs)

Fixed Issues in v2
* When loading the Original Song Codes, there is no song for Battlefield #3
* When loading the Original Song Codes, there is no song for Menu #4
* You can now load the music for ALL of the stages at once, before there were too many lines of code.

Enjoy! Please leave feedback here and report any issues to me through PMs.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yet another genius program by the master hackers. Thanks a million!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Zac I think I'm in love with you.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Q: Why can't I changed the music on Hanenbow?
A: Hanenbow is weird. It has special music that plays on it. If you try to load a hex code then change it through My Music, chances are you will freeze the game. No body likes that stage anyway.

Known Issues
* Hanenbow music cannot be changed. It will freeze the game. (This is game's fault, not mine)
That's simply because there is no music at all for Hanebow. the only 'music' is from characters and Hanebow hitting the leaves and the water.

Me being picky asside, I'm definetly going to have to give this a whirl. There were some pretty good songs on banned stages that I'd love to stick in other stages (and remove the Brawl theme from FD. Heard that WAY too much)

I assume the only way to hear what each song sounds like before switching is to just listen to them on the game/the ost?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
That's simply because there is no music at all for Hanebow. the only 'music' is from characters and Hanebow hitting the leaves and the water.

Me being picky asside, I'm definetly going to have to give this a whirl. There were some pretty good songs on banned stages that I'd love to stick in other stages (and remove the Brawl theme from FD. Heard that WAY too much)

I assume the only way to hear what each song sounds like before switching is to just listen to them on the game/the ost?
If you want to listen to music, I found that youtube had MOST of the songs on it. Just copy paste right into the search box and you are good to go.

Ah and thanks for the Hanenbow answer.

Also, if you want to use outside music (not in the game) this program doesn't do that. I think it is possible. I think someone found a way to load songs from an SD card, but it requires you to start up homebrew everytime. I personally like the simplicity of just loading the game normally and getting to hear Live and Learn as my Menu music!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Also, if you want to use outside music (not in the game) this program doesn't do that. I think it is possible. I think someone found a way to load songs from an SD card, but it requires you to start up homebrew everytime. I personally like the simplicity of just loading the game normally and getting to hear Live and Learn as my Menu music!
Since you know how to hack and stuff could you look into this? A lot of people really want to do this :)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Since you know how to hack and stuff could you look into this? A lot of people really want to do this :)
Sure thing!

Actually I don't know how to hack stuff. I made this program because I'm a Computer Science major. It was as simple as adding two numbers together while converting back and forth between hexideciaml. Shhhh =)

But yes, I will look into loading up your OWN music using an SD card and Homebrew.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Whoa, this is amazing. It's around 1 million times easier to change the songs around with this little contraption. Thanks 100x Zac, and if that 'Putting in music outside of the game' idea actually works, then I'll be totally surprised and happy.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
This is awesome. I hope somebody figures out the Battlefield and Menu values you're missing. I'm gonna try and change up some songs - My main stage is Smashville, and there's only one really good song there.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I hate to be a party pooper but... Does this work for the PAL version?
I honestly don't know. When you find out let me know and I'll add it to the FAQ.

EDIT: If hex codes are different for the PAL version, then I can add those into my program, version 2. Should be an easy update.

Dalub

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Is hex for the songs same as the codes? Is should be in a codelist somewhere.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Freaking awesome!! No more annoying My Music hack questions!! nah jkjkjk lol

I'm gonna use this so much..... :chuckle:

Only bad thing is this:

* When loading the Original Song Codes, there is no song for Battlefield #3 (I can't find the hex code for Battlefield ver 2)

I love Battlefield Ver. 2. :(

V-K

Smash Ace
I honestly don't know. When you find out let me know and I'll add it to the FAQ.

EDIT: If hex codes are different for the PAL version, then I can add those into my program, version 2. Should be an easy update.
I added a music code for Final Destination but it didn´t work on my PAL. oO
(Hope I didn´t do anything wrong).

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
If the game tries to load a song online that you have different from other players, then your wii will freeze.

If you're talking about not being able to switch the music back, you could always just load the old Battlefield My Music Reset code.

:034:

Smash Hero
It's weird, but I can't find the My Music codes for the PAL version anymore, or they never existed and I just thought they did. Too bad, because this looks really awesome.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
So uh, no news on Battlefield 3 or Menu 4?
As of now the Original Song Codes list should revert your battlefield and menu music to normal, but if you try to load that list into my program (for w/e reason) it won't load battlefield 3 and menu 4.

I have a fix for it, i'll have to update it eventually.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace

There IS an Ambiance track in the game's data, so it COULD be possible...

Top Bottom