• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward Hydroplaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I know My Squirtle is my weakest and this is mainly because I can't forward hydroplane. I can do it pretty much perfectly in 1/4 time but the window between the two different noises seems soooooooooo small that I don't see how it's humanly possible to do it. Are there any tricks that make it easier to do? I mean, I know how to do it, I just can't. Any help would be great.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Run in a direction. Hit to dash in the opposite direction and almost instantly (you really shouldn't see the shift animation at all, you might hear the beginning of the noise) input a jump and Usmash (pretty much at the same time). He'll let Usmash out almost instantly unless you press "Z" or a corresponding button to hold the charge.

You can do this with tap jump on or off.
Just to review. If you're having trouble with the input, I honestly just sugest practicing on full speed on a long custom stage or whatever you want really. If you need any further help, just ask in the AT sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom