• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.W.R EVENT VI: Goku has the 5 pieces of Exodia! 4/4/09!

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion

S.W.R EVENT VI: Goku has the 5 pieces of Exodia! OBLITERATE!!!

APRIL 4th, 2009

Description:

It's been awhile but S.W.R's back, and with the Good ol' Clean venue too!
Our last Event had 69 entrants and this event will top that For Sure!
This is the perfect way to kick off the start of Spring Break!

645 Crooks Ave.
Clifton, NJ

11:30-Sign-ups

12:45-Teams and Low Tier Doubles

6:00-Singles and Low Tier Singles!

Price
$10 per team (Same applies to Low Tier Doubles)
$10 Singles
$5 Low Tier Singles!
$3 Venue Fee

Payouts:

Singles:60/30/10 If the brackets exceed 50 players, the payout changes to 50/25/15/5/2.5
Teams: 60/30/10

AllisBrawl Tournament Page

RULES

3 Stock
8 Minute Time Limit
Item OFF
Final Smashes OFF

Team Attack ON
Life stealing is Allowed.

• No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit.
  • A player should not let go of an edge an regrab 3 consecutive time for the purpose of stalling.
  • If you feel your opponent is 'planking' We'll get a judge to watch your match. After ONE Warning if the problem continues the opponent takes a loss for the set

• If you need to add your name to change your controls, don't forget, and do it quickly. You can not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
  • First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick.
  • Then each player stages strikes One stage and the remaining stage is what you play on
  • Each player/team is allowed to ban one counterpick stage for the rest of the set
  • Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
  • You can't counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpick Stages:

Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island(Brawl)
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium

All other Stages are Banned.

Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab.

Ties broken by lives, then percentages

Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's side B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.

Low Tier Characters!

Low Tier Characters!

Mario
Lucas
Ness
Samus
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

Setups:

• Bring a Wii = $1 off your house fee
  • Bring a TV = $1 off your house fee
  • Bring a complete setup(Wii+TV) House fee completly free
  • This only applies if your setup is used.

Wii's:

J.G WentWorth
Malcolm
Pierce7d
Inui
KiD

TV's:

J.G WentWorth (5 TV's)
Pierce7d
Inui
Clove

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Your stage setup is amazing! No garbage lylat or YI to worry about round one. You forgot to ban BF though...oh well, you can change it later XD.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
BF itself is a hazard for me....going though platforms is impossible when I need to :(

Ill be there, looks like it will be great

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Why don't you have the five neutrals and adopt the stage strike system? The current random stage rule with only those three stages is biased towards characters like Snake and Dedede.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
?

The 5-neutrals-with-stage-striking-system is the fairest way to do it. I don't see any reason to not mimic me and other really good TOs.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
LOLOLOLOL @ the image. also i agree with inui as far as the stage striking rule. if u dont like lylat or YI then strike them every time...but for gods sake give an ike main or a person playing vs an ICs or a character with limited range vs ddd a chance. on a rather interesting sidenote....im coming to this. and bringing my wii since it will be sexual with custom brawl textures by that point =D

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
?

The 5-neutrals-with-stage-striking-system is the fairest way to do it. I don't see any reason to not mimic me and other really good TOs.
We're going to try this way out and see what happens. If it's really a problem then I'll see you at another tourny I guess :/ <3

Isn't there only room in your basement for 3 more Wiis?
When I host tournaments at this venue I open up 2 more rooms and hook up setups outside.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
...I guess you don't understand what Malcolm and I said.

"if u dont like lylat or YI then strike them every time...but for gods sake give an ike main or a person playing vs an ICs or a character with limited range vs ddd a chance."

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
I completely understand where Malcolm is coming from. As a TO, I'd just like to experiment with this method instead of doing the same thing over and over everytime. If it doesnt work out I'll probably never do it again. It's not like this is going to be our last event.

We're going to try this way out and see what happens. If it's really a problem then I'll see you at another tourny I guess :/ <3

Inui

Banned via Warnings
"This amazing prime rib has already been proven to be really delicious and a best-seller, but let's take it off the menu this time and serve some London broil and see what happens."

Yeah, that makes sense.

Now I am hoping Atomsk uses those Ice Climbers he's been working on, because your stage rules basically hand him R1 against almost anyone.

Edit: If anyone wants to agree to the good stage-strike system when I play them, I'm perfectly fine with that.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Why don't you have the five neutrals and adopt the stage strike system? The current random stage rule with only those three stages is biased towards characters like Snake and Dedede.
They are using the stage strike system...just with 3 stages instead of 5. Yoshi's Island and Lylat aren't fair neutrals. They are COMPLETELY garbage stages. Just because you can get rid of them with your stage strikes doesn't mean you should be forced to. Also, how is this biased towards Snake? Everyone except Dedede players are going to strike FD on him with this system leaving Battlefield and Smashville, which is what it comes down to 99.99999% of the time with the 5 stage system. Did you think at ALL before posting this?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439

They are using the stage strike system...just with 3 stages instead of 5. Yoshi's Island and Lylat aren't fair neutrals. They are COMPLETELY garbage stages. Just because you can get rid of them with your stage strikes doesn't mean you should be forced to. Also, how is this biased towards Snake? Everyone except Dedede players are going to strike FD on him with this system leaving Battlefield and Smashville, which is what it comes down to 99.99999% of the time with the 5 stage system. Did you think at ALL before posting this?
I did, but I like Lylat on, rofl.

Spam, you wanna team for this if you're coming?

Inui

Banned via Warnings

I definitely didn't see the striking system. I saw it as "first round is random stage."

"Last edited by Smash Phoenix; Today at 01:16 PM. Reason: It's over 9,000! "

Hmm.

On AiB: "First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. Then, each player/team is allowed to ban one counterpick stage for the rest of the set, and strike out one neutral from random (this stage is still open to counterpick however). A random stage will then be chosen for the first round."

Dan, I'm curious as to wtf you read to not make the same false mistake I apparently made. You read this at 1:16pm despite posting before then and didn't make the "mistake" because you saw the future?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Those two are commonly striked anyways, so it's fine now I guess. I just happen to like them both the most out of the neutrals. :(

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
well rykos :040:ed. any1 who plays DDD insta GG's him now. i dunno if im coming man...i hate playing like a :003: and this ruleset doesnt allow me any platforms except for the one i will have to air camp atrociously hard on smasville as wario. that just isnt any fun 2 me. i like to play the game...

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I definitely didn't see the striking system. I saw it as "first round is random stage."

"Last edited by Smash Phoenix; Today at 01:16 PM. Reason: It's over 9,000! "

Hmm.

On AiB: "First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. Then, each player/team is allowed to ban one counterpick stage for the rest of the set, and strike out one neutral from random (this stage is still open to counterpick however). A random stage will then be chosen for the first round."

Dan, I'm curious as to wtf you read to not make the same false mistake I apparently made. You read this at 1:16pm despite posting before then and didn't make the "mistake" because you saw the future?
rofl, I just scan through stuff. Spam, that's understandable. There will be other opportunities.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
well rykos :040:ed. any1 who plays DDD insta GG's him now. i dunno if im coming man...i hate playing like a :003: and this ruleset doesnt allow me any platforms except for the one i will have to air camp atrociously hard on smasville as wario. that just isnt any fun 2 me. i like to play the game...
The Dedede would strike Battlefield and Lylat anyways. The first stage is usually Smashville.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
The dedede usually strikes battlefield and lylat, I ban fd and smashville, and I do very very very well against dedede on yoshi's nowadays. Same usually goes for falcos, I stand a much better chance on yoshi's and lylat, and a slightly better chance on battlefield than the other 2 (Yoshi's is the stage I beat keitaro on, the stage I do best against bleachigo on, and I fared well against spammer's falco on this stage too). Personally I don't really see why I'm limited to choose between FD or Smashville against a falco but they're not obligated to choose between battlefield or yoshi's, a neutral system that puts the power in the hands of characters that actually already have the 70-30/80-20 advantage seems not very neutral at all.

Yeah it screws me over but it's Ike, I mentioned ages ago that no one likes yoshi's or lylat, this was only a matter of time. I guess i'll just need to get good enough to take d3 on smashville or FD.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Without a safe platform to camp and charge eruption on, I cant bait 30-40 damage when I need to so I can avoid being grabbed and spiked or gatling comboed, raising my potential damage to somewhere around 57-75 (closer to around 87ish if I get spiked into the floor, dont tech it (and if I do tech it it doesn't matter, falco has the frame advantage and a jab that's 1 frame faster than mine), get jabbed to pop up, grabbed again and then gatling comboed) or just flat out dead if I **** up a meteor cancel. I won't forfeit to a falco again but it's pretty much a ****ed situation against him with this system.

And considering I spent the better part of a year flat out hating yoshi's due to the fact that the slant on the stage makes edgeguarding as Ike from the stage worthless (the sword stops before it ever comes close to touching my opponent on fair, jab, nair, fsmash, and dtilt), it's not like it gives me a total advantage.

S'cool, the second I see 2 "laser laser illusions" to the other side of the stage back to back I'll just call stalling to run it out on time. Yeah, I'm prepared to be a ***** about it if I have to.

As for snake, I'd personally prefer FD (I say close quarters allow people to keep him in check but platforms really disrupt my [not ike's, just my] fight with him)

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Keep your stages the way they are JG. You already said you wanted to change it up a bit and its a good idea but if it doesnt work then it's just a learning expeience. Don't make me have to play YI round 1 of every tourny match....

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
<_< Strike YI and Battlefield then, bank on your opponent hating lylat as much as you do and you then have smashville or FD.
I can deal with a shy guy messing up an attack or two and a ledge constantly in my way better than springing slightly under the ship on lylat, having him going nowhere, and not even grab the ledge.

Top Bottom