• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WABAPALOOZA:GAMING TOURNAMENT FESTIVAL:MAY 23rd,24th,& 25th

Waba

Smash Apprentice
: Wabapalooza : Gaming Tournament Festival:

3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd. suite 128
Duluth, GA 30096

Phone: 678-417-9222
Email: wabagames@yahoo.com
http://www.wabagame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63&start=0

May 23rd, 24th, and 25th, 2009!!!
Three day memorial weekend festival of gaming!!!

Wabapalooza Badges: $10 per day or $25 for the whole weekend.
See bottom of post about FREE fresh grilled hamburgers and hotdogs with your badge purchase.

Pre Register for Wabapalooza by posting your real name, "gamer tag", city, state, games you will be playing.

--Cash Tournaments.
________70/20/10 split.
________fighting: $10 pot fee each game.
________puzzle: $5 pot fee each game.

Friday May 22nd, 2009
Wabapalooza Training Day and Events

FREE Training for Prepaid Registered Gamers all day.
Dance party from 9pm to whenever.

Saturday May 23rd, 2009
The Games Begin at 12pm(noon)

Super Smash Brothers Melee (Teams)
Super Smash Brothers Melee (Singles)
SF Alpha3
CvS2
TvC
Virtua Fighter 5
Super Puzzle Fighter

Sunday May 24th, 2009
Day 2 Begins at 1pm

Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Teams)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Singles)
Street Fighter IV
GGXX(AC)
Soul Calibur 4
Dr. Mario
Puzzle Bobble(Bust-a-Move)

Monday May 25th, 2009
Day 3 begins at 2pm

Tekken5DR
HD remix tournament
Third Strike
MvC2
Panel De Pon(Tetris Attack)
Tetris Evolution

Fighting Game Tournaments:

Tournaments and Rules:

B.Y.O.C. = Bring Your Own Controller/converter or Joystick
If you hit the start button or a malfunction in your equipment happens during a match that makes the game pause or reset during a tournament match get the head judge in charge of running that tournament to decide what will happen next for that match.

STREET FIGHTER IV

Version: Xbox360

Winner keeps the same character.
The loser can choose a new character.
"SETH" and "Gouken" are not allowed in tournament play.

Tekken5 Dark Resurrection

Version: PS3

3 stocks, best of 3 matches, except finals (3/5).
Jinpachi is Banned from tournament play.
Winner keeps the same team, while the loser can switch teams.

Soul Calibur IV

3 stock, Best out of 3 matches
NO Bonus Chars Allowed
No Custom Chars
Random Stage Select ONLY
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.
Default Damage
Default Time
Buttom Mapping Allowed
Camera altering glitches banned
Console exclusive characters and AGOL BANNED!!

Street Fighter Alpha3

Version: PS2

M-ism and L-Ism are banned from tournament play.
Classic Mode is allowed.
Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.

Totsunoko Vs Capcom

Version: Wii

Super Street Fighter 2 HD remix

Winner keeps the same character, while the loser can switch characters.

Virtua Fighter 5

Winner keeps the same character, while the loser can switch characters.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Winning player must keep the same character, but can change super art's.
The losing player can choose a new character.
Gill is banned in tournament play.

Capcom vs SNK 2

Roll Cancelling is allowed.
No EX Grooves allowed.
You may not use the same character twice on one team.
Ultimate Rugal, Super Akuma, Evil Ryu, and Evil Iori are not allowed in tournament play.
Switching the order of your characters during the loading screen is only allowed on your first match.
After winning, you must pick the same characters, same order.

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Version: Dreamcast

You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played.
This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
Button switching during the loading screen is allowed (e.g. Holding ASSIST 1 to switch your first assist with the point).
You may not use the same character twice on one team.

Guilty Gear AC

No ex, gold, shadow, or any other alternate characters allowed.
Button mapping for RC, Burst etc allowed.
Winner keeps the same character and the losers can change characters.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Verison: Wii

Double Elimination Bracket Best 2 out of 3 matches
Winners Finals= 3/5 matches
Losers Final= 3/5
Grand Finals=3/5, the player from the losers must win 2 sets of 3/5

3 Stock, 6 MINUTE TIME LIMIT for singles

All items OFF (including Smash Balls)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: (BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER.) NO WIIMOTES OR CLASSIC CONTROLLERS!!! Gamecube controllers only!!!

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Stage List:
Starter
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned STAGES
75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Corneria, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom I, Mushroomy Kingdom II, New Pork City, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Cruise, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Wario Ware, Green Greens, Mario Circuit, Onett, Pokémon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike 2 stages from the available 11. Of these, only 1 can be from the 4 Neutrals listed above. You may however choose to strike 2 counterpick stages.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks- Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals or semi-fianls are left to the discretion of the tournament host, although best of 5 is recommended for time constraints.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, excessive edge stalling, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- Any suicide KOs on the final stock resulting in sudden death will result in a loss for the user of this tactic. If it would be a suicide KO and the match screen shows a decisive winner, go with that instead. A Bowsercide final KO results in a win for the Bowser player.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Super Smash Brothers Melee

Version: GameCube

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•First stage agreed upon or random
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
• Wobbling is BANNED

- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, Onnett, Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2

All other levels open for counter picks.

Puzzle Game Tournaments:

Tournaments and Rules:

B.Y.O.C. = Bring Your Own Controller/converter or Joystick

Panel De Pon (Tetris Attack)

Double Elimination Brackets.
Best out of 3 matches, except in finals (3/5).

Puzzle Bobble(bust a move)

Version: Xbox

Dr. Mario

Super Puzzle Fighter

Tetris Evolution

Also Featuring:

-- Rock Band Battles!

-Get three of your friends together and create a 2 or 3 song set to perform on stage at Wabapalooza!
-You will battle to get the best game score and best overall performance score (given by judges), for the best combined score to beat out the other bands.
-Performances will be spread out through the weekend. The details of what days and times will be determined by how many bands enter.
-The 'Best Rock Band' at Wabapalooza will receive four trophies and prizes.
-FREE to enter, compete, and perform.
-Must have four members. No more, no less.
-Must Pre Register before May 22nd with the band's name, members' names and the song list to perform during Wabapalooza.

--FREE Fresh grilled hotdogs and hamburgers.
________Additional hotdogs, hamburgers, snacks, drinks, and other foods will be available for purchase throughout Wabapalooza.
________Three FREE hamburgers or hotdogs with weekend badge.
________One FREE hamburger or hotdog with one day badge.

--Cash Tournaments.
________70/20/10 split.
________fighting games $10 pot fee per tournament.
________puzzle games $5 pot fee per tournament.

--Live DJ Music.
________Rave / Dancing

--Pre Register for Wabapalooza by posting your real name, "gamer tag", city, state, games you will be playing.

More details coming soon. Get HYPED! :lick:

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Whoa I might ACTUALLY be able to show for this since classes will be over by this time and I won't have any major johns anymore XD.

BTW...

Hey Laijin...

first...

Rayku

Smash Lord
Jason White, "Rayku", Woodstock, GA, Super Smash Bros. Melee (teams), SSBM Singles, SSBB singles.

I guess there's no Brawl teams?

Also, needs moar 1v1 Government

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Whoa I might ACTUALLY be able to show for this since classes will be over by this time and I won't have any major johns anymore XD.
It'll be good seeing you again dude.

Jason White, "Rayku", Woodstock, GA, Super Smash Bros. Melee (teams), SSBM Singles, SSBB singles.

I guess there's no Brawl teams?
We should have enough time to Run Teams for Brawl as well. I'll add that in. Thanks for your pre registration sir.

entering all of the puzzle games ;D

I hope the puzzle tournaments start catching on:urg:I love me some dr. mario competition. My wife Sarah beast at most puzzle games. I'm trying to get her to enter the puzzle game tournaments, but she is resisting. :mad:

OldBoy=Min

Smash Rookie
What is Waba?
Hmmmmmm...it's a gaming center with PCs, table tennis, current consoles, retro consoles, club, that sells games, movies, swords, and toys. Waba has weekly tournaments on the weekends and FREE training days Mon-Thurs. Waba's mission is to build a positive gaming community in GA that will impact the whole gaming nation. We believe gaming is a lifestyle, not just a hobby. The gaming culture lives in small pockets here and there in GA, but has not consolidated into a powerhouse yet. Besides 'Final Round', GA has very little to brag about in the gaming world. Waba humbly is attempting to change that. Hopefully all of you can contribute in the growth and support the tournament scene in our area. The gamers are what makes or breaks the community, so YOUR help is in need to bring the gaming culture to the surface of GA life.

For myself, I've been a gamer for over 30 years. I gave up teaching High School to pursue my gaming dreams. I've been doing this for over ten years. Eight years in Michigan and almost three years here in Duluth. I've been incredibly blessed with wife and kids who support my dreams even when I bring hardship to them. I am a gamer for life. I have many other interest, but gaming will always be a part of me. I want to share this passion with everybody who is willing to let me. If you are a gamer, I want to meet you, play you, hopefully beat you...but most of all have fun and grow together as a community.

OldBoy=Min

Smash Rookie
We do need peeps to preregister so we have an idea of the turn out. :lick:

We need to keep moving forward and elevating as a community. More local competition and support is needed to accomplish this goal. If our community is weakening or already too weak, the need to man up is paramount! GA has the skills and numbers to be strong, don't lie down, focus and strive, revive your passion and strength! Learn, Train, and Compete!

Are you ready for weekly tournaments GA?
Are you ready to climb to the next level?
Be Prepared to ride the NEW Attitude!
Never head down, always head UP!

Kill the negative noise,
it's NOW or stay home crying johns...
Believe in the VISION,
Be true to your community!

We are about to Focus
The Vision of our community...
Will we see your face?
Will you stand with us?

Waba Weeklies Coming Soon!
Learn, Train, and Compete...
To become HEROES and the Elite!

"Did This **** Just Get Real!?!"

HolyNightmaress

Smash Cadet
Why no wiimotes?..
does Waba sell them?
Cause I need one (or two) XD?

You guys need to SURIOUSLY HYPE THIS <_____<

Hotdogs and hamburgers huh?...
...I don't eat pig..or cow..Hm.

Purple

Hi guys!
****, my previous account has alot of posts o.o.

anyway bumping for justice.

I can't go to this, but i'm really interested to see who will win the puzzle league competition.

Top Bottom