• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official Captain falcon's real combo's thread

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Captain falcon still has real combo's in brawl. This topic contains every real (meaning inescapable) combo's falcon has in brawl.

The layout in this thread will be like this:

[ first move off the combo]
> [ move it combo's into]
> [ another move the first move of the combo combo's into]

read: all the moves after the arrows form individual combo's with the first move.
This will make this thread easier to the eyes.

Additional info (like damage percentages your opponent needs to have, characters it works on, etc.) will be listed under all the possible combo's the first move can produce.

Ok, now the layout and the use of this thread are explained, let the thread begin.

Captain falcon's real combo's

Jab
> second jab
> grab

Additional info:
As the jab has set knockback, these combo's work at all percentages.

second jab
> grab

Dair
> (sweetspotted) Fair
> up b
> Uair
> Dair
> Nair
> Bair
> jab
> grab
> raptor boost

Additional info:
Most of these combo's require one to execute the SH Dair so one does not endure landing lag. (this is done by Dairing immediatly after you SH)

Flubbed (meaning: non-sweetspotted) Fair (when the opponent does not trip)
> jab
> grab

Additional info:As the flub knee has very little knockback, the >jab/grab combo's work till high percents.

Flubbed Fair>opponent trips
> jab
> grab
> Fsmash
> Dsmash
> Dtilt
> Ftilt
> Utilt
> up b

Additional info:
The flub knee can only make your opponent trip till they are at around 35% damage. (meaning these combo's only work till the opponent has around 35% damage.)

FF First hit Nair
> jab
> grab
> up b
> Fair
> Dtilt
> Ftilt
> Dsmash
> Dash attack
> Fsmash
> Utilt
> Ftilt

Additional info:

> Fair/Dsmash/Utilt/Ftilt Fsmash only works on:
Samus
Peach
R.O.B
Zelda
Lucario
Marth
- As the FF'd first hit Nair has set knockback, all combo's starting with the FF first hit Nair work at all percentages.

Bair
> buffered jab
> (dash) grab

Additional info: the >buffered jab only works at low(er) percents.
The > (dash) grab only works at middle/low(er) percents.

Falcon kick>ledge cancel
> Uair

Additional info:
One must connect with the last hitbox of the falcon kick>ledge cancel and then Uair as soon as you are able to.

Grounded footstool
> aerial falcon kick

SH Sweetspotted Fair
> jab
> grab
> dash attack

Additional info:For these combo's to work the SH Fair must be executed in a way so one does not experience landing lag. (this is done by Fairing immediatly after you SH)

These combo's only work at low(er) percents.
These combo's only work on taller opponents, said characters are:
Ganondorf
Snake
Marth
DDD
Bowser
DK
Charizard

it also works on SHing opponents.

Uair
> jab
> grab

Additonal info:These combo's only work at low(er) percents.
When you RaR the Uair this works till middle/low(er) percents.

Grab release combo's
on:

Wario
> Fair
> Uair
> Dair
> Bair
> up b

Squirtle
> regrab
> dash attack

- Incase I forgot (to mention) something, please let me know, and I will add it to this post.

Zeallyx

d-air>
grab
rb
falcon kick

grab release combos?

Sweet Knee>
jab
grab
dash-a
up-B?

U-air>
grab
jab

Does N-air > U-tilt not work on those floatys?
Thanks, I knew I forgot somethings.
And I never tested the tilts, but I think they should work as they are faster than a SH Fair.

Winnar

Smash Lord
d-air to falcon punch

Oh wait no wrong thread.

Where's the up-b to up-b edgehog against certain characters as an edgehog (Lucas and Ness for sure). It's a true enough combo because it's inescapable so long as you fall with them and wait for them to start the pk thunder. Yesz

Zeallyx

d-air to falcon punch

Oh wait no wrong thread.

Where's the up-b to up-b edgehog against certain characters as an edgehog (Lucas and Ness for sure). It's a true enough combo because it's inescapable so long as you fall with them and wait for them to start the pk thunder. Yesz
I am sorry, but I cannot add that.
I hope you understand why.

Mit

Smash Ace
Forgot the classic flubbed knee in the air (usually FF) -> uair. Also, if the circumstances are perfect, flubbed knee -> sweetspotted knee should be possible as well (thus, nair should be possible as well.)

Zeallyx

Forgot the classic flubbed knee in the air (usually FF) -> uair. Also, if the circumstances are perfect, flubbed knee -> sweetspotted knee should be possible as well (thus, nair should be possible as well.)
Flubbed knee>Uair in the air is not a real combo.
and flub knee>sweetspotted knee ( I assume you mean in the air, but it doesn't matter, as on the ground it isn't a real combo either) is not a real combo, either.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Toknee, you're great. This is exactly what I was asking about in the backroom. Falcon needed a documentation of combos pretty badly.

Zeallyx

Are you sure about that? O_o If done towards the end of the flub knee, I don't think I've ever seen anyone escape it.
because escaping it would require an airdodge, wich in turn will most likely make your opponent SD. (when used offstage)

It is just very likely to work if pulled off at the right moment.
But the fact stays a simple airdodge can make your opponent escape.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how useful a thread like this is, but that's another story. And yeah I understand, not really a combo; it's more a reliable edgeguard I guess.

Oh, and you put that FF n-air (first hit) -> f-air is a true combo (which I'm skeptical of), but if that's the case then FF n-air (first hit) -> n-air should be another one, at least against some characters.

Also I'm pretty sure flub knee (in air) if hit with one of the last frames -> u-air is a true combo. Don't double jump, just throw the u-air.

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure the Nair only is a true combo with jab and grab, at least my opponents shield most of the other stuff in the common case.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Could you put it in friendlier colors? Teal isn't too bad but it doesn't match with red.

Edit: I realize this might sound like a lot of work, so if you haven't figured this out, edit post, copy-paste it into notepad or something, and then do a replace all of "red" for something else. Unless everyone else likes the red&teal

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Is there another thread with percentages that the dair to knee combo will work on for specific characters? If there is, it would be useful here because I can't find it ;) And I know someone can get a grab release to footstool on them, if anyone remembers who.

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
That's not true.

It does not combo into punch.
If they were serious, a puppy became roadkill.

I hope they know that the 'combo meter' in training mode is not reliable at all.
Like face124 said, SH (flubbed/sweetspotted) knee lagless landing does not combo into a falcon punch. Not even if the opponent trips from said flubbed knee.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
It's an effective way of sweetspotting I guess, but a combo is a string of attacks that an opponent cannot escape (or only under certain conditions, such as damage percentage or teching). The only attack you mentioned there is the knee. Autocanceled dair does combo to the knee though, it's in the first post.

Top Bottom