• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide to Mastering the Blue Falcon

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
So, you've just purchased a brand new Blue Falcon and you're eager to get it started! Here is your source to utilizing Captain Falcon's final smash as masterfully as possible.

Blue Falcon Pilot's Manual

I. Why is this guide important?
II. General specifications.
III. Range and hitbox.
IV. Knowing when and where.
V. Comboing into first place.

I. --Why is this guide important?--
You're likely wondering "wtf is this even needed?". And the answer is likely; believe it or not, there are always the occasional situations where you're going to need to know how to pilot the Blue Falcon. Some moments when you may find this information useful includes: Tournaments with items allowed, friendly matches, Nintendo WiFi and just plain showing off. All of the information you will ever need for those final smash moments is right here.

II. --General Specifications--
A. Up to three foes can be hit by the Blue Falcon, the knockback being reduced as more get hit.
B. The Blue Falcon hits three times. One initial hit, a second hit on the track and a third, final hit to send your opponent(s) flying to thier doom.
C. First hit inflicts 10%, second 19%-21% and third 9%-10%.
D. The Blue Falcon is summoned in twelve (12) frames.
E. Captain Falcon's final smash lasts for seven (7) seconds.
F. Size: Medium-large.
G. Knockback: Very High. Almost a guarenteed KO.

III. --Range and hitbox--
Note that the hitbox area is slightly raised around where the stabilizers pass. The area behind Captain Falcon is also covered. The red line represents the area of the hitbox that is under the stage. This is important when you are standing on a platform (you can hit people beneath you).

IV. --Knowing when and where--
When: The best time to unleash Falcon's final smash is when your opponent is expecting a speedy, long-distance attack. That is when they are most likely to counter attack or shield, which doesn't protect them from the Blue Falcon. If they are returning to the ground from an evading jump be sure that they have used all of their jumping options before summoning the Blue Falcon. Preferably when your foe is in a 'helpless' state. For a dodge-happy player, you will only have to worry about the placement rather than the timing as the initial hit lasts longer than their dodge/spotdodge/roll. That means you only have to be certain they won't roll out of the way.

Where: A. make sure that there is no ceiling above your opponent. All it takes is one ceiling to rob you of a free KO.
B. If there is a wall, be certain that they will only bounce off of that one wall. Ricocheting off of too many walls can reduce the knockback enough to save their life.
C. If there is a hazard, use that to your advantage. Stay in the only safe area of the stage to force you opponent to work around any hazards. You might even get to save that final smash for their NEXT stock.
D. Plus 1,000 man points if you activate your final smash when your opponent is stuck in a hazard, item or another opponent.
E. Many times, your foes will hang off of ledges for the invincibility frames to avoid your final smash. Don't try to time it to hit them. Just run right off the side as they drop to regrab and initiate it. You should be able to hit them because the Blue Falcon's hitbox surrounds Captain Falcon.
F. Try to place your final smash near the edge of any stage (to reduce the distance that your enemy has to travel to thier death), facing away from the center of the stage.

V. --Comboing into first place--
Because of the Blue Falcon's great size, it covers a pretty large area in front of Captain Falcon. That means there are plenty of ways to combo into it, getting you a free KO. Once you acquire a Smash Ball, carry the final smash with you for a while. It will make your opponets afraid to be around you, in turn making it easier to fight them and give them damage. Since it's easier to fight them now, you have a chance of landing a move that can combo into the Blue Falcon. Here is a list:

A. Dthrow > Blue Falcon
B. Fthrow (low %) > Blue Falcon
C. Grab release (some characters) > Blue Falcon
D. Jab/second jab > Blue Falcon
E. Nair (low %) > Blue Falcon
F. FF second hit Nair > Blue Falcon
G. Dtilt > Blue Falcon
H. Dash attack > Blue Falcon
I. Falcon Kick (low %) > Blue Falcon
J. Flubbed Knee > Blue Falcon
K. Flubbed Knee trip > Blue Falcon
L. Sweet Knee (low %) > Blue Falcon
M. Uair > Blue Falcon
N. Bair > turn around buffer landing > Blue Falcon
O. Dair > Blue Falcon (see: Dair to Knee %s)
P. Setup attack > Flubbed Knee > Ftilt > Blue Falcon
Q. Setup attack > Flubbed Knee > Ftilt > Jab > Blue Falcon
R. Fsmash (low %) > Blue Falcon
S. Dsmash (front + low %) > Blue Falcon
T. Setup attack > Flubbed Knee > Ftilt > Jab > Jab lock > Grab > Pummel > Dthrow > Blue Falcon > Dtaunt (for maximum amount of epicness)

Notes:
-The Blue Falcon is also great as an Oos attack.:ohwell:
-Google Search Tags: how do i you use captain falcons falcon's final smash blue falcon?

Player-3

Smash Hero
i lol'd when i read it

but why would you make this..

i mean..
if items are allowed just use sonic..

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I make it because I want to squeeze every last drop of usefulness out of Falcon. And if you like using Falcon enough, you will play him regardless of whether or not items are turned on.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I make it because I want to squeeze every last drop of usefulness out of Falcon.
This implies something very hilarious when you're resorting to making a Final Smash guide. xD

Very nice guide though.

Kishin

Smash Ace
when he called it he was running on the PS2 ice, which made him slide into his smash
=\
That's the obvious part but I'm sure everyone kind of assumed that once you activate your Final Smash you're invincible which is not the case. If this truly is a guide to a Final Smash then I think the possibility of being killed by your own Final Smash is an interesting tidbit to add on to the guide.

Player-3

Smash Hero
That's the obvious part but I'm sure everyone kind of assumed that once you activate your Final Smash you're invincible which is not the case. If this truly is a guide to a Final Smash then I think the possibility of being killed by your own Final Smash is an interesting tidbit to add on to the guide.
Oh lol, i thought you meant the sliding was the glitch

Kishin

Smash Ace
I just tested this a little and it seems that after doing this, no more smash balls will appear. I did it in training mode and I couldn't spawn any more smash balls afterwords.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
LOL awesome glitch, I'm going to test this out, hahahaa

Top Bottom