• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain falcon combo's using items (+vid)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
First of all, this **** is for fun. I read there are tournies where items are used, so these may have a use in competitive play, but I doubt it.
But this thread is not useless, although it argueably is, seeing what falcon is capable of keeps us falcon mains alive..at least, keeps me from maining any other character.

I have been planning to make this thread for a long time, but always thought it wouldn't be well received (may still turn out to be the case, but I don't really care), but then I saw smashbrother2008's thread, and I started working on this again (recording, testing etc.)

So now its here. You dont have to like it, as it does not contribute to itemless competitive play, but some of these combo's are actually quite interesting imo.

I will put a link to the vid containing all combo's using items I recorded at the end of this post, I will summarise all of them first.

(The combo's are summarised in order of appearence in the vid I'll link to at the bottom of this post)

~First item: The green shell

Combo: Dair> green shell

This combo requires one to execute the Dair so one does not endure landing lag.
When your opponent is flying upward due to the Dair, simply throw the green shell (or any other throwable item, but I used the green shell as an example) upward.

Using the green shell as a spring

Combo: Dair>shell launch>sweet knee

When one jumps onto a green shell, one will get launched into the air quite high. This combo uses this feature of the green shell.

~The second item: The spring

Combo: Dair opponent onto spring>sweet knee as they are launched back up

This combo is made possible by the animation characters go through when they get launched by a spring. While this animation is ongoing, one cannot take any other action, making the sweet knee in this combo possible.

~The next item: The bumper

Combo: bumper lock>falcon punch

When an opponent is stuck between two bumpers (wich was easier set up that I thought it would be) one can hit his opponent with almost any move.
I thought the falcon punch would be the most memorable, so I choose to use said move.

Note: This is what can happen when you try to set up a bumper lock >_>:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ZBtufHyxQ

~The next item: screw attack

First combo (The screw knee combo): single jump screw attack>sweet knee

When you start on one side of the enemy and start your srew attack, and DI to the other side of the enemy while the screw attack is ongoing, the screw attack sets up almost eprfectly for a sweet knee.

Second combo (the double screw knee combo): single jump screw attack>second jump screw attack>sweet knee

It is also possible to use both jumps+their screw attack into a sweet knee. Although this is harder to pull off (obviously) as you have to DI 'through' your opponent twice, giving them more time to 'counter DI'.

~Next: Metal box+screw attack

First combo: (The metal screw knee combo): single jump screw attack>sweet knee, while in metal form.

While in ones metal form, the screw attack>sweet knee gets a little easier to pull off.

Second combo (the double metal screw knee combo): single jump screw attack>second jump screw attack>sweet knee

While in ones metal form, the double srew knee combo gets easier to pull off, too.

~Next up: Super spicy curry

Combo (The super spicy knee combo): curry lock>SH sweet knee

When you trap an opponent in the flames of your spicy curry, one can get a sweet knee in, too.

~The next item: Timer

Combo (The super sacred combo): Sweet knee>double jump>falcon punch)

The timer makes almost any move with a little/decent knockback combo into another move, but imo brawl needs his own sacred combo, for us falcon mains, to see we can still pull it off in brawl, we just need a little help (said help comes from the timer in this situation)

~The last item (for now): The bunny hood

Combo (The bunknee hood combo): Fast fall'd Dair>rising knee

As the bunny hood makes you jump higher, one can pull off a Dair>to rising sweet knee.
(meaning one can sweetspot the opponent after a Dair while moving upward yourself)

- I had a blast making this. This made me see falcon can still pull off some bad*** stuff.

Again, this is all for fun, but as falcon mains, we need everything.
As smashbrothers thread is succesful, these combo's may be too.

Link to the vid showing these combo's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS_7sG9C6Pk

Zeallyx

You forget sweet knee -> sweet knee -> sweet knee -> sweet knee with the timer?
Nah man, that was posted quite a while ago.
This thread only contains things I came up with while messing around with items. (I am not sure they where invented by me, offcourse, but ah well)

The sweet knee>sweet knee>sweet knee> sweet knee etc. with the timer you mentioned is legit though.

Player-3

Smash Hero
spring could be used competitively against sonics if they use a grounded spring

look for banana combos/turnip combos/beam sword(lol) combos

also gyro combos, even though it has ridiculous knockback

also...
controller is a legal item, you brought it with you like diddy brings his bananas
controller combos are legal too

Zeallyx

spring could be used competitively against sonics if they use a grounded spring

look for banana combos/turnip combos/beam sword(lol) combos

also gyro combos, even though it has ridiculous knockback

also...
controller is a legal item, you brought it with you like diddy brings his bananas
controller combos are legal too
I know.

I am not done with this yet.
More item combo's will most likely follow.

banana>Utilt, as a kill combo
fan lock>up b, etc.

I will record+edit the OP with more soon.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Just a question.. does anyone here actually play with items? I love playing with items but usually only time I do this is in basic brawl. Everyone I know in person is wrapped around competitive play to ever ever use items. Yesterday at this tourney, it was so fun to play melee with this guy who wasn't that good, but we played with items and a 300% handicap. Probably the most fun I had there.

Zeallyx

..I didn't ask for possible combo ideas..

and @skip2:

No, I normally dont play with items on.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Hmm, wi-fi with anyone usually ends up as item-filled clusterfux so...
Wait wi-fi with anyone sucks major balls into a black hole...every. single. time.
That major balls. When will he learn?

legion598

Smash Ace
lol items sometimes me and buds play all clocks but that's the extent of item use usually but all clocks is freakin awesome especially with falcon

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
fan<<<<tornado
And Falcon can shoot like four stars at a time with the star rod if you tap A, I think, after a smash or tilt, I'm not sure which. Not a combo but pretty cool :)
You can throw the spring straight down and regain your double jump, maybe you can come up with a cool combo for that.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
I heard there were going to be competitive isp matches in the upcoming whobo, maybe this isn't a terrible idea.
yup
Friday
3 pm - Capcom vs. SNK 2
4 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2v2 ISP
5 pm - Marvel vs Capcom 2
6 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1v1 Pools
8 pm - Street Fighter HD Remix
9 pm - Pokemon Battle Revolution

Saturday
11 am - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2v2
2 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1v1
4 pm - Naruto EX 3
5 pm - SoulCalibur 4 National Qualifier
6 pm - Fate: Unlimited Codes
7 pm - DBZ Tenkaichi 3
8 pm - Mortal Kombat vs DC
9 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Crews

Sunday
12 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1v1 ISP
2 pm - Street Fighter 3rd Strike

Zeallyx

yup
Friday
3 pm - Capcom vs. SNK 2
4 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2v2 ISP
5 pm - Marvel vs Capcom 2
6 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1v1 Pools
8 pm - Street Fighter HD Remix
9 pm - Pokemon Battle Revolution

Saturday
11 am - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2v2
2 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1v1
4 pm - Naruto EX 3
5 pm - SoulCalibur 4 National Qualifier
6 pm - Fate: Unlimited Codes
7 pm - DBZ Tenkaichi 3
8 pm - Mortal Kombat vs DC
9 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Crews

Sunday
12 pm - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1v1 ISP
2 pm - Street Fighter 3rd Strike
wow..than this **** is less useless than I though.

also, New combo for in this thread:

Fan hit>up b

I love this combo in 100 man brawl.
(fan prolly aint a tourny legal item though)

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
NEUTRAL ITEMS:

(Sandbag) (Food) (Warp Star) (Bunny Hood) (Beam Sword) (Lip’s Stick) (Star Rod) (Super Scope) (Fire Flower) (Motion Sensor Bomb) (Freezie) (Smoke Ball) (Pitfall) (Mr. Saturn) (Green Shell) (Banana Peel) (Franklin Badge) (Screw Attack)

COUNTERPICK ITEMS:

(Assist Trophy) (Dragoon) (Metal Box) (Home-Run Bat) (Hammer) (Ray Gun) (Cracker Launcher) (Gooey Bomb) (Hothead) (Spring) (Unira)

BANNED ITEMS:

(Smash Ball) (Pokeball) (Containers) (Blast Box) (Maxim Tomato) (Heart Container) (Super Mushroom) (Poison Mushroom) (Starman) (Superspicy Curry) (Lightning) (Fan) (Golden Hammer) (Bob-Omb) (Smart Bomb) (Deku Nut) (Bumper) (Soccer Ball)

CHANGES FOR 2v2 PLAY:

Item Spawn Rate – Changed to ‘Medium’
(Team Healer) - Neutral
(Smash Ball) – Moved to Counterpick
(Superspicy Curry) – Moved to Counterpick
(Cracker Launcher) – Moved to Neutral

From the ISP thread. 1v1 item spawn rate is Low.

But yeah no fan pretty much everyone has an infinite with it.

Zeallyx

NEUTRAL ITEMS:

(Sandbag) (Food) (Warp Star) (Bunny Hood) (Beam Sword) (Lip’s Stick) (Star Rod) (Super Scope) (Fire Flower) (Motion Sensor Bomb) (Freezie) (Smoke Ball) (Pitfall) (Mr. Saturn) (Green Shell) (Banana Peel) (Franklin Badge) (Screw Attack)

COUNTERPICK ITEMS:

(Assist Trophy) (Dragoon) (Metal Box) (Home-Run Bat) (Hammer) (Ray Gun) (Cracker Launcher) (Gooey Bomb) (Hothead) (Spring) (Unira)

BANNED ITEMS:

(Smash Ball) (Pokeball) (Containers) (Blast Box) (Maxim Tomato) (Heart Container) (Super Mushroom) (Poison Mushroom) (Starman) (Superspicy Curry) (Lightning) (Fan) (Golden Hammer) (Bob-Omb) (Smart Bomb) (Deku Nut) (Bumper) (Soccer Ball)

CHANGES FOR 2v2 PLAY:

Item Spawn Rate – Changed to ‘Medium’
(Team Healer) - Neutral
(Smash Ball) – Moved to Counterpick
(Superspicy Curry) – Moved to Counterpick
(Cracker Launcher) – Moved to Neutral

From the ISP thread. 1v1 item spawn rate is Low.

But yeah no fan pretty much everyone has an infinite with it.
Thank you for your contribution.

I will use this list to see wich items to focus on and wich not to focus on.
Again, thank you.

Top Bottom