• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Falcon Championship (UFC) Results!

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
OUGA's first Ultimate Falcon Championship was a Falcon Punching success. Congrats to OUGA's own POPS (aka General Sangster) for winning that elusive Golden Falcon.

SEE PICTURES FROM THIS EVENT!

Here's the complete results:

1 Brandon (Villian) Sangster (POPS)
2 Tiberius Eight (T-800)
3 Overswarm
4 Itrhwthings
5 Jokey
5 Appleton J. Framerate
7 Paranormal
7 SciDi
9 King Yoshi
9 BBoy
9 Dr. X
9 Seamus McFly
13 The Viking
13 Beegs
13 Shawn
13 Silhoutte
17 KRBO
17 Zazi
17 Wakka
17 DUDE
17 Mr. J
17 Big B
17 Wiehe (Virt/xPlum)
25 TheKiest
25 Crumy
25 Sole
25 Kregs

And, just for kicks, why not a bracket?

Big thanks to all 27 participants, plus special thanks to:
T-800 for realizing this tournament and shouting offensive comments during the match commentary.
Kiest for picking up tournament running duties because we all fail so much.
Framerate for single-handedly creating the Golden Falcon that was our prize.
Virt (a.k.a. Murderplum) for setting up his Wii with the legendary Falcon-only character select screen and setting one song to every stage. Epic.
POPS for not losing a single round, crushing everybody's dreams, and decapitating said Golden Falcon.
McFly for making the tourney thread and results thread and for thanking himself in his own post. Way to go, jerkface.

Videos from the UFC are coming real soon (including matches with commentary from Kiest, McFly, Overswarm, T-800 and Mr. J)

T-800

Smash Apprentice
This is by far the best thing I've contributed to OUGA aside from the whole keeping it alive during its darkest hour(s).

Originally it was a half-joke between McFly and I, we'd have a goofy little Falcon only tournament during one of our weekly smashfests. Then as discussions progressed, we thought it would be better to post it at Smashboards, if only to give us a reason to randomly post a results thread for a tournament that nobody was invited to.

But that was as far as it went, some discussion and not much more. That was before The Cove happened, where McFly and I had some awesome Falcon dittos against Asdioh. After a new rush of Falcon excitement hit us, I decided it was time to bring the idea up to OUGA as a whole. Framerate kind of flipped out and suggested a prize, and eventually it became this pre-cursor event to Love's Last Stand.

At most I was expecting around 20 people, mostly because I knew OUGA would contribute at least 10 people. But 27 people? That's like a dream come true.

Faces were kneed and punched. Moves were indeed shown.

Shoutouts:

POPS: It's probably most fitting that you won the entire thing, considering how much time you've put into Falcon. Not to say everyone else at OUGA doesn't use Falcon like crazy, this past quarter at OUGA I probably used him more than most of my mains...but you just freaking mastered him and can legitimately use him as a main. I know you already have used him at some Test Your Might tournament. Well played, good sir. You are truly deserving of the Golden Falcon. Good games when I wasn't just jumping all over the place doing last ditch moves. The second best Falcon will be back!

McFly: I'm a little sad I didn't get to play you, if only so we could have had a "Founding Falcons Fight for Falcon!" video or something. Long live the Initiative!

Framerate: Thanks for making the best papercraft awarded in a Smash tournament ever. You have about 100x more patience making those things than I think I ever could. Your excitement and impatience probably made the tournament bigger than it would have been without it.

TheKiest: Thanks for helping out with capturing the matches. There's no way we could have gotten so many matches without your help. Nor would I have done it all alone.

Jokey: Green Greens is just bombtastic. Also your Falcon is surprisingly good for someone who never uses him.

OS: We need to make a show where we just watch matches and do commentary. You can provide all the in depth technical analysis while I refuse to add anything but non-sequiturs. I think that's a natural fit. Great games.

Dr. X: You have a really, really good Falcon. Norfair proved to be less brutal to me this time, though. Good games.

Virt: You add so much to OUGA without making any noise whatsoever. The character select screen and music selection for the stages was all this guy, and we all owe a tremendous amount to him. He basically does anything you ask of him without much hesitation (indecisiveness being another topic) and is just a great guy to hang out with. I'm so glad we got to open the tournament with our match.

If I forgot anyone else I apologize, but I think that covers anyone I fought in the tournament or worked with to make happen.

About 95% of the tournament was recorded, so stay tuned for video updates! Thanks again everybody!

Top Bottom