• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pownz Presents: MARCH ON TO BRAWL!; Sat March 14th/09, Hamilton, Ontario

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARCH ON TO BRAWL!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament Singles and Doubles Tournament
Date: Saturday March 14th 2009
307 King St East, Hamilton, Ontario.
Phone: 289-396-4290
Sponsor : Pownz Gaming Centre
Email: Contact@pownz.com
Game Type: Singles

Registration begins at: 12:00pm
Singles Start Time: 2:00pm
Cost Per Player: $5 Venue Fee, $10 Prize Pool
Prize Pool: 60 / 30 / 10
Expected Turnout: 40 Participants
Advance registration: Available

Game Type: Doubles

Registration begins at: 2:00pm
Doubles Start Time: 30 minutes following Single (7pm estimated)
Cost Per Player: $5 Venue Fee (Note: Venue fee waived if you participated in Singles tournament), $10 Prize Pool
Prize Pool Per Team: 60 / 30 / 10
Expected Turnout: 16 Teams
Advance registration: Available

Rules: SBR Certified
Stock: 3
Timer: 7 Minutes
Double Elimination Bracket

Our last tournament had $380 for singles, we expect an even larger turn out this time. Pre-reg with your Name and Location to assist us in forming our pools.

BONUS: All Pownz 1337 Member can arrive as early as 12pm for up to 2 hours of FREE practice time on any of our systems. If you wish to become a member when you register for the tourney, you will recieve a discount 1337 membership for only $5.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think you should push this tourny back. And the tournament on the 15th has been set for at least a month now.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Brampton looks too far for me and my 2 friends, so I'm pretty sure we'll be coming.
Names:
kuenzel (Grimsby)
Izzo (Grimsby)
Tippr (Grimsby)

By the way Powns, do you post the results of the tournaments in the "Tournament Results" Thread?

KingAce

Smash Ace
i am gonna guess iliad meant he wants to fight for his friends in brampton in prepare youself loll
edit: oh man i dunno if i can come anymore :( too much **** to do that day n leavin to montreal on the morning of 15th -.-

Iliad

Smash Lord
I totally saw FYI earlier and skipped over it so fast it looked like FFYF. **** I'm bad.

Yes Kingace, thats exactly what I meant. No typo at all. Exactly >.>
Thanks for the cover

My opinion still stands. I wanted to brawl in brampton, but if pownz is on this date, it's closer so i'll be going to this.

G U R U

Smash Lord
I totally saw FYI earlier and skipped over it so fast it looked like FFYF. **** I'm bad.

Yes Kingace, thats exactly what I meant. No typo at all. Exactly >.>
Thanks for the cover

My opinion still stands. I wanted to brawl in brampton, but if pownz is on this date, it's closer so i'll be going to this.
Iliad, why can't u just come to both? Gotta work or something?

If someone wants to house me I'm so down for going to both this and Prepare Yourself the next day. Preferably someone in the area of Hamilton/Brampton obv lol.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Iliad, why can't u just come to both? Gotta work or something?

If someone wants to house me I'm so down for going to both this and Prepare Yourself the next day. Preferably someone in the area of Hamilton/Brampton obv lol.
Count me in. I'll drive this time if you want too Ben.

shotgun rear spoon.

Gichan

Smash Champion
^^

Hamilton is a nice place man. If Hamilton to you is considered like that then chatham must be a heavenly place, lol.

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
We will have car pool sign ups (drivers and passengers) at the tourney for Hamilton area players looking for a ride to the Brampton Tourney on mar 15th. With costs as low as they are, we hope many smashers will go to both events.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol guru dun worry hamilton isnt that ghetto if anything i can understand not wanting to be in a car overnight in toronto mayb but sauga hamilton and niagara are all safe enuf to stay in ur car n u wont get robbed lmao

G U R U

Smash Lord
Don't buy those white controllers(sry pownz lol). I bought one at Anime North and it broke after 3 hours of playing melee. Compared to my original silver controller that I've had for like 2 years.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Wow I didn't know this happened the day before the Brampton tourney, it's not really far from Brampton either. It's like right next to it lmao. Montreal is probably going to both.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Wow I didn't know this happened the day before the Brampton tourney, it's not really far from Brampton either. It's like right next to it lmao. Montreal is probably going to both.
Make it 100% coming for both. :D

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
im not a pownz member buti need to be there early so like around 12 cause thats when my aunt is dropping me off,can i still come for friendlies?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
im not a pownz member buti need to be there early so like around 12 cause thats when my aunt is dropping me off,can i still come for friendlies?
You'll be a Pownz member when you join anyway because there isn't really any reason not to join. It's like $5 to join and if you aren't a member then I think the entry fee is $5 higher anyway... I think.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
So it's just the 5 bucks and then you don't need to pay the venue fee for the tourney? Just $10 for singles and doubles?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
k,if i can come to the venue at 12 i should be able to make this,if not im going to Nikos

Top Bottom