• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i vow...

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
to never get impatient and use bike as an attack on stage again...
i get punished too much for it, and i need to learn to be patient and camp more effectively. from now on i vow to not make that stupid mistake ever again.

anyone wanna join me?
what stupid mistake do you make too much? watch yourself play, and make a vow to improve yourself with me.

...and stuff.:urg:

MBreeto

Smash Ace
try doing a reverse bite. Lead them a little bit, then quickly do a reverse bite, that's what I do if I get predictable with bite (which in my opinion is hard to be predictable with)

EDIT: Turns out you were talking about the bike, not bite XD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
My biggest flaw that I've been slowing correctly is that I have this bad habit of doing the same thing twice in a row, even if it didn't work the first time. Especially noticeable with grabs, b/c if I mis-space one I'll grab again from the same place, and I always get punished.

I guess I could work on my bike braking too.

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
My biggest flaw that I've been slowing correctly is that I have this bad habit of doing the same thing twice in a row, even if it didn't work the first time. Especially noticeable with grabs, b/c if I mis-space one I'll grab again from the same place, and I always get punished.

I guess I could work on my bike braking too.
question about bike braking: if i Dair, and then immediately use bike after Dair is done while recovering does the fact that i dair'ed make my bike NOT send me backwards (into the blastzone)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
question about bike braking: if i Dair, and then immediately use bike after Dair is done while recovering does the fact that i dair'ed make my bike NOT send me backwards (into the blastzone)
It shouldn't, but that's b/c you already changed your momentum with the ff dair. The point of bike braking is that the airdodge comes out faster than any aerial, letting you bike and thus altering your momentum sooner.

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
It shouldn't, but that's b/c you already changed your momentum with the ff dair. The point of bike braking is that the airdodge comes out faster than any aerial, letting you bike and thus altering your momentum sooner.
so im supposed to airdodge then bike ASAP after getting sent flying?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Fiction killing himself at 0% is the same thing as him getting owned by someone else? I think DSF would be hardpressed to get his **** up your *** any farther. BTW, Fiction did amazing against his Snake as MK, who he supposedly was ****** that tournament, and FICTION NEVER PLAYS MK.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
How come dsf owned you?
LOOOOOL. You're such an idiot. I Sded at zero, which motivated me to actually make up a wario maneuver that COUNTERS PLANKING what do u think of that

>_>

hold me back phantom hold me back

PKNintendo

Smash Master
LOOOOOL. You're such an idiot. I Sded at zero, which motivated me to actually make up a wario maneuver that COUNTERS PLANKING what do u think of that

>_>

hold me back phantom hold me back
Wow massive johning.

(Tsk Tsk)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This thread's full of lulz.

I vow to stop playing ROBs with Wario. Oh, and Samuses too.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I 2-0d Xyro for my Money Match yesterday, and I've never played a Samus before in my life, lol.
Heha, good job. Samus just isn't my matchup, though.
You should mention that in your sig, man.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I put it in.

Oh, I vow to stop participating in Crew Battles, I'm the worst crews player ever. If anyone saw me get trashed by Cake's Olimar... I two stocked it a lot the next day after the tournament :\

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i rush too much :( but i dont have fun any other way i rush but im semi ok bout it? maybe im use to it cuz i fight people who main zero, rob, tink, ic and weeg.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I always panic when they're in kill range and fsmash/ftilt too much. :(
I need to work on that.

Uffe

Smash Hero
to never get impatient and use bike as an attack on stage again...
i get punished too much for it, and i need to learn to be patient and camp more effectively. from now on i vow to not make that stupid mistake ever again.

anyone wanna join me?
what stupid mistake do you make too much? watch yourself play, and make a vow to improve yourself with me.

...and stuff.:urg:
Ah. Poor you. ): Fortunately the Bike is quick and can cross through even shields. If you're getting punished too much for it, it's because you're making it predictable. Wario in my opinion is an interesting character which is why I picked him up. His aerial movements make him somewhat of a confusing character.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Uffe? I'm surprised to see you here!
I really need to fix that fsmash problem...

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
dude, joke, ggs today

anyway i think the main reasons you get punished is :
1) you sometimes use it far enough away from the opponent that they have time to react and counter
2) whenever you ride it, you ride it to the edge of the stage and then jump off the same way at the same spot every time

Just mix it up and don't forget to wheelie when riding over the opponent

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
dude, joke, ggs today

anyway i think the main reasons you get punished is :
1) you sometimes use it far enough away from the opponent that they have time to react and counter
2) whenever you ride it, you ride it to the edge of the stage and then jump off the same way at the same spot every time

Just mix it up and don't forget to wheelie when riding over the opponent
yeah, those were just friendly matches though... i wasnt really trying to be super unpredictable and stuff, but yeah GGs

Gichan

Smash Champion
I vow to never get aggressive when I am up by a lot.

Otherwise this **** will happen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVZO8077Z14

That cost me at least $90.
Woah, I like the uair spam, that **** actually works? I guess it is a good move that should be used more often.

Let's see my mistakes....I have so many. I play way too aggressive, and I approach the same way when I'm desperate. Gotta work on that ****.

Top Bottom