• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Boards are Discussing YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I ROFLOLMFAO'd at that so hard! XD

Iunno. The only thing to do really is know TL so you can predict what else is about to hit you upside the face.

IMO the best CP would be Smashville.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Throw more **** then the other guy.

I demand this post be added to the OP.
(I thought you posted on the wrong board, so I was gonna make fun of you >_>
But noooo)

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
IMO it's 100-0 Toon Link. Auto win.
Srsly, you would have to play without a jump button for TL to lose this one.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Wow this thread has made me lol so hard. Viet thax for this thread. and liek sasukesaid just throw more **** than the other guy. ^_^

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
IMO TL has a slight advantage here, 45-55 or maybe 40-60.

He can set up a fairly good wall of projectiles, and his d-air can spike our up-b pretty easily, plus his tether will force us to recover with up-b. He can attack our blind spot with a well spaced n-air, and his u-air beats our d-air.

Pirate ship is the only acceptable stage for this matchup

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
What? no way.
TL has the complete advantage here. Even if you throw more **** than the other guy, TL is still going to win.

Think about it for a bit.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
how the hell do you do that? How do you type a message under 10 characters?

Your reward for telling me is you get to make fun of me for being a n00b.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Dont worry I have the same problem moth maybe it has to do with post count. I cant post without having at least 10 chars too.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
as long as you do this I really don't see a problem myself.

FORWARD MY MINIONS.

Throw more than the other guy.
Unplug the other guys controller also helps.

Seriously, it's difficult. Just be better.
It's definetly in TL's favor though.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Guys this is serious business.
Stop messing around.

If the TL takes a bomb out, you should do the same. He will be at an advantage with a projectile ready to be throw.
Also, its very good to throw boomerangs to get past the spam. This can only be countered by him throwing a boomerang... so you might have to worry about that.

You obviously have the advantage with SHDA (unless he can SHDA), so abuse it (or don't, if he can do it).

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
If someone can give me a scenario where TL is not the winner, then I'll concede that it's not 100-0 TL. . . . .

It'll be 95-5 TL

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Be aware that your Hero's Shield blocks all the projectiles, as well as bounces bombs for you to catch. No lag as well so yeah...maybe it's useful.

Throw more sh*t than the other person...or...

You can offensively throw more sh*t, harass TL for thinking you're his b*tch and attack, knock him offstage and further harass him and rack up all the dumb damage you want.

Alternatively both TLs can ledgecamp both ledges.

Hardest match-up in the game obviously.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
To be serious on the subject, if they zair, grab. Other than that, counter pick pirate ship, and have fun. Even throw in the song "I'm on a boat" by The Lonely Island for good laughs. I know I do.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Be aware that your Hero's Shield blocks all the projectiles, as well as bounces bombs for you to catch. No lag as well so yeah...maybe it's useful.
Its true that it bounces off his shield, but he can take advantage of this time by pulling out a fresh bomb of his own, while you have one that is about to explode and that you need to throw right away (if you choose to catch it).

Orrr mindgame him.
Bait the bomb pull. Run toward him, short hop, fast fall, and then Fsmash him as he pulls a bomb.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Omginfiniteportaloflinksbringingmebacktothesamepageoverandoveragain!

you just trying to mindgame us VG?

this is hard. must think

Edit: new conclusion; it a time paradox. It doesnt matter who wins, TL dies anyway.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
"Spam your heart out, kid."

I hate dittos too.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Am I right to say that this matchup is likely to end with the timer going out?

I hate ditto matches, you can't explain them.

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
TL dittos are about who is more patient
camping well, spacing your Z-air, it comes down to who makes the first mistake and who gets punished for it.
TL dittos make babies cry and bring grown man to there knees, they are boring to watch and even worse to play.......

TLMarth

Smash Ace
OK guys it's serious. The trick to dittos is finding out what to do when the situation is not equal/neutral. So if the opponent TL is below you, what do you do? If the opponent TL spams, how do you deal with that spam? How do you spam better?

Just pretend you're playing as another character. Then you'll find it easier to be discussing match ups, since you can see that there are strategies to be getting around.

Just because it's a ditto, doesn't mean there's nothing to discuss.

Lol VG has mindgames

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'll throw something out here. Unfortunately the picture didn't turn out as accurate as it should be, ignore the comments and take red as slight blindspots and green as clear, w/e

*Yes Viet made it in like 5 minutes*

TL has a few blindspots when it comes to him and his Master Sword alone in these areas -

As you know, nair and bair cover approximately where the green areas indicate. Unless an attack already outranges those areas, TL can defend his front and back to upper-back pretty well.

Vertically, he's only in SLIGHT danger as Uair is a powerful sex kick like attack, but it takes a few frames to come out, but there is vlunerability, albeit very little.

Below him is probably his most legitimate weakness, his dair and bombs can cover it alright, but his dair is risky due to lag and how it warns the foe beforehand. Bombs can be caught while a foe performs an aerial and whatnot. While not as helpless as Marth in these regards, it's a slight weakness.

Now his upper and lower front is another blindspot. Only a boomerang (laggy) or fair (laggy and only covers the area by a slim amount). He really can't do much if an opponent attacks around this area except airdodge, jump, something not quite counterattack-able.

I say this as a TL can wait on the ground and say use Usmash as the other TL use retreating nair. There is a small window where the other TL can run in as TL A does nair but before arrow cancel or jump, can Hyphen smash inside.

Eh, this probably didn't help too much. I think I went off crazy town and took the wrong turn when I thought this up. <_<

TL;DR - Barlw dittos are dumb.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I would say the bottom is safe if you have a bomb out, Viet.

Maybe you could make one with bombs too?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I would say the bottom is safe if you have a bomb out, Viet.

Maybe you could make one with bombs too?
With bombs maybe, but they could catch it, or if you iBomb, they catch it then Shuttle Loo...

wait what?

I'm kinda...out of it. <_<

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Ok...viet so according to that picture which imo is very good and detailed ^_^ in tink dittos whoever is below and to any of the sides wins the aerial war. TO contribute stuff:

* zair outranges his sword.
* the grounded, patient, better spacer and better proyectile user wins this.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Yeah since TL is short and oddly enough TL is pretty bad at hitting short characters (T_T), the one on the ground can retaliate better. Which is dumb since you know...TL's ground game isn't exactly exciting.

Not to say that you should always be on the ground, but you know, there's a time and place for everything. TL's best asset is still his air game.

TLMarth

Smash Ace
Bombs and dair only go straight down -_-

Well does our Uair beat our dair?

If we're in front of and slightly below the opponent while in the air, both facing forwards, then we have the advantage with teh bair

Short characters: not realllly that much of a problem according to me

Short hop isn't that high or fast, and we have pretty quick aerials (nair)

Nair, Zair, bombs are pretty good

I guess boomerangs and arrows don't work as well......
but still, TL has some options

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yup the short thing isnt so bad imo. I usually dont have THAT much trouble hitting them. Tho it is harder to hit them than with marth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom