• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Re: Official Lucario IRC

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
The Official Lucario IRC!
First and foremost, credits must be given to Trexxen as he is the creator and founder of this chatroom.

Many months ago, certain members of Lucario formed together and created an chatroom on the AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) Networks. There were many issues and discomforts with using AIM as the grounds for a chatroom. Thus the chatroom has evolved from AIM into IRC (Instant-relay chat) and people no longer have to rely on the use of AIM or Trillian. IRC can be used in different, easy and simple ways. One could connect to IRC through a web applet or another can download a program and connect via an actual application. We are found at irc.globalgamers.net in the #lucario chatroom.

The chatroom is based in the Lucario boards, but it is not strictly limited to Lucario mains. All members of Smashboards.com is welcome to join #lucario. Futhermore, the chat is not restricted to conversations about just Lucario. Be warned, however, that all content in this chatroom is uncensored and subjects/conversations here may seem questionable by some. With that said, proceed with caution if you value your sanity. =_=.
At the end of the day, we of #lucario all wish to have a good time. It's is a place to make and chat with friends, a way of connecting different members and with eachother. "That said, if you are acting outside of good spirits, i.e. flaming, etc. you can and will be banned from the chatroom."

Since the Lucario IRC is not completely heard of as the previous thread died, I have taken the responsibility of re-creating this thread in order to help guide new players, existing players and/or simply just chill with other smash players. I pray a sticky comes out of this, as it is the easiest way for mains to communicate help other players.

A huge keyword for us Lucarios or any player, is to be chill. Step forth, as here is your chance to practice!

/me *grins*
-+×÷ The Team ÷×+-

Founder & Super Operator:
Trexxen

Operators:

Linkshot
Milln
XavantTheEnigma
Nurotasama
DGuy(?)
Tedward2000(?)

Half-Operators:
Col. Stauffenberg
EphyonSylphShroud
Timbers
Kenji

How to connect:

Method # 1:

Trexxen said:
OPTION ONE: QUICK AND EASY (minimal features, but no installation/downloads)

1. Go to www.globalgamers.net

2. Click on Webchat

3. The first box = your user name, in the second box put #lucario

4. Submit and enjoy!
If you just want to skip to step three, just click on this easier link.
http://www.globalgamers.net/?p=webchat

Method # 2:

Trexxen said:
OPTION TWO: FULL ACCESS (full features, requires installation/downloads/etc.)

1. Download mIRC (Here)

2. Create a username, then close the box that appears asking you to join a server. Also, use the trial version - don't worry, it never actually runs out ^.~

3. In the blank white box, type "/s irc.globalgamers.net" (without quotes).

4. Once it's done, a box should appear. Type #lucario.

5. Enjoy!

Sources:

Original Post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4925653&postcount=1

Browny

Smash Hater
can half ops even do anything?

and the ops list needs people who actually you know, ARE in the irc.

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
According to the ChanServ, Dguy is actually a co-owner as is Nurotasama and Milln.
He might be inactive, but he will not be ignored as an operator.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
was the thread necessary?

why couldn't you get everyone to put stuff like this inside their sigs or something?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Haha, dont worry about it sam. I was around the AIM chat too.
I dont have my Mod "power" anyways, trexxen took it back, which is fine by me.
-t2

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
was the thread necessary?

why couldn't you get everyone to put stuff like this inside their sigs or something?
It's possible to put a "Lucario IRC User" thing in their sig and make it so whenever you click on it, it directs the people to this thread. Nobody thought up about it, and having a thread like this is better.

I'll be able to edit this post too, since it seems Trexxen bother too much.

Timbers

check me out
Xavant, the smashboard admins have (recently) disabled sigs to be shown if your post is less than four lines long, even if you check the "Show your signature" option.

and since 90% of the posts I make are one-liners, as well as most of the other Lucarios here, it'd be pointless to sig it.

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
Xavant, the smashboard admins have (recently) disabled sigs to be shown if your post is less than four lines long, even if you check the "Show your signature" option.

and since 90% of the posts I make are one-liners, as well as most of the other Lucarios here, it'd be pointless to sig it.

I never even noticed that Timbers, now I'll know why =o

tedward2000

Smash Champion
They did it because for those who have sigs.
Lines like timbers above would be pointless to take up more space with a sig.
Keep thread sizes smaller.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've almost always done "add reply" to thread, and it allows sigs even at such a low amount
Edit: lol not anymore.
blah
blah
blah
blah
(where's the pwnage that is Ulquiorra?)

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
We appear to be seeing a couple of new faces. I would like this thread hopefully pinned on the front page and cleaned up. Put fourth bandwidth to the IRC!

Much Love,
XavantTheEnigma

Top Bottom