• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few things many don’t know about SSBB

Manaboy

Smash Cadet
Hello all it's my first post

My brother and I have two pal wiis and two PAL version of SSBB, and I just wanted to point out a few things that I’ve notice.

"When you are DCed the brawl continues"
Around 1~4AM GMT there is hardly anyone on so in the wifi With anyone mode my wii was able to find my brother, when we went in to a brawl he decided to drop out, now hares the thing, he dropped out and was at the “wifi mode” selection screen but on my wii the computer took over and was controlling his character after the brawl I won and then it said searching, I did not get the “your connection to other players was lost”?

"SSBB Wifi is region-locked"
Another thing I think SSBB is region-locked mining on the PAL version of the game when you are playing the wifi With anyone mode you will only play with PAL people.

To be certain of this I obtained a NTSC USA version of the game, and again both me and my brother went online, I had the USA version but this time I was only able to find 1 person in the 1 hour wait whilst my brother was able to have 25 brawl in this time, and even though sometime he had only 2 people plus him I was not able to join his group, this proves that it is region locked, this explains why around 1~4AM GMT there is hardly anyone on even though it is early mooning and late afternoon in other parts of the world.

"Wifi button music mod DCs people"
When I was playing SSBB PAL online there was a player with Wolf he used the music mod with button activation then changed the music from mother to Starfox walf music then I got DCed but he probably never noticed as the CPU took over all the other players as I explained above.

Many of these Wifi enabled codes have never been tested to see what happens to the other players when enabled, most of the time the main thing that hackers look for is if they get DCed because of desync issues but actually the players get DCed but the CPU takes over so it looks ok.

I hear people waste there life with hacks trying to hack spectator mode and ruin peoples game but luckily the spectator mode is not live, it's pre-recorded match, I know for a fact as I’ve see many of my brawls.

POKE40

Smash Lord
yup... i think we know this :)
welcome to the forums anyhow.

I did not know this:
Around 1~4AM GMT there is hardly anyone on so in the wifi With anyone mode my wii was able to find my brother, when we went in to a brawl he decided to drop out, now hares the thing, he dropped out and was at the “wifi mode” selection screen but on my wii the computer took over and was controlling his character after the brawl I won and then it said searching, I did not get the “your connection to other players was lost”?"

I read that on the smashbros.com but I didn't believe it...
The part where you said
"I did not get the “your connection to other players was lost”?""

This means your connection wasn't lost i think... :p

Lol,Enjoy the smash forums

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
Around 1~4AM GMT there is hardly anyone on so in the wifi With anyone mode my wii was able to find my brother, when we went in to a brawl he decided to drop out, now hares the thing, he dropped out and was at the “wifi mode” selection screen but on my wii the computer took over and was controlling his character after the brawl I won and then it said searching, I did not get the “your connection to other players was lost”?

When you pause and press L+R+A+Start, a CPU takes over for you, but if you unplug your internet, everyone else drops out as well.

Manaboy

Smash Cadet
yup... i think we know this :)
welcome to the forums anyhow.

I did not know this:
Around 1~4AM GMT there is hardly anyone on so in the wifi With anyone mode my wii was able to find my brother, when we went in to a brawl he decided to drop out, now hares the thing, he dropped out and was at the “wifi mode” selection screen but on my wii the computer took over and was controlling his character after the brawl I won and then it said searching, I did not get the “your connection to other players was lost”?"

I read that on the smashbros.com but I didn't believe it...
The part where you said
"I did not get the “your connection to other players was lost”?""

This means your connection wasn't lost i think... :p

Lol,Enjoy the smash forums

in that case the Wifi button music mod should not be allowed and or should be renamed to Disconnect code, assign a button so you can dc all player when you are losing.

I mean I got stung by this code 3+ times :mad:

wangston

Smash Lord
I hear people waste there life with hacks trying to hack spectator mode and ruin peoples game but luckily the spectator mode is not live, it's pre-recorded match, I know for a fact as I’ve see many of my brawls.
LOL :laugh: hahahhahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Don't people know that already?

POKE40

Smash Lord
in that case the Wifi button music mod should not be allowed and or should be renamed to Disconnect code, assign a button so you can dc all player when you are losing.

I mean I got stung by this code 3+ times :mad:
Yeah...Nintendo ought to patch that...
It might get annoying so I suggest muting Brawl plug in you're ipod
put the headset in your ears
profit.

Other things:
I found matches in 3 in the morning lol

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Hello all it's my first post

My brother and I have two pal wiis and two PAL version of SSBB, and I just wanted to point out a few things that I’ve notice.

Was explained on Dojo during pre-release a long time ago. If they become a computer, their shield will turn silver.

Another thing I think SSBB is region-locked mining on the PAL version of the game when you are playing the wifi With anyone mode you will only play with PAL people.

To be certain of this I obtained a NTSC USA version of the game, and again both me and my brother went online, I had the USA version but this time I was only able to find 1 person in the 1 hour wait whilst my brother was able to have 25 brawl in this time, and even though sometime he had only 2 people plus him I was not able to join his group, this proves that it is region locked, this explains why around 1~4AM GMT there is hardly anyone on even though it is early mooning and late afternoon in other parts of the world.
I'd like to know more about this but that doesn't sound likely. Could be a possibility to reduce lag though.

"Wifi button music mod DCs people"
When I was playing SSBB PAL online there was a player with Wolf he used the music mod with button activation then changed the music from mother to Starfox walf music then I got DCed but he probably never noticed as the CPU took over all the other players as I explained above.

Many of these Wifi enabled codes have never been tested to see what happens to the other players when enabled, most of the time the main thing that hackers look for is if they get DCed because of desync issues but actually the players get DCed but the CPU takes over so it looks ok.
The button activated music mod doesn't DC unless you use it on Result Screen or ConfigureTest. The one that requires you to be host will DC you however if you're not host. Same with other codes that require you to be host.
There are people who think that? And how do you actually get lucky enough to see your brawls? I though they were still putting ones up from March. But I guess it's obvious it isn't live since there no lag whatsoever. Actually I just remembered, some people who don't know much about hacks were complaining about people hacking Spectator mode. :laugh:

Manaboy

Smash Cadet
So online is region locked? That's the only thing I didn't know...
That’s right, I believe I know why they did it, read on.

I'd like to know more about this but that doesn't sound likely. Could be a possibility to reduce lag though.

To be honest the only reason I was trying to play the USA version was to get a legit challenge, the PAL people are ok, I once thought that it was to do with the lag but if that is the case then when I added my brothers PAL friend code to my USA version and give my USA one to him, I was able to do a Friend brawl without any lag,

I think the reason Nintendo locked the region was because, no-offence they know that wifi game killing hacks e.g. PSO FSOD, Mk infinite bullet bill, star etc come out in the USA first mostly and are sometimes converted to UK/PAL, and after the first hand experience they get from Mario Kart DS/ Wii when they where kind to make it worldwide WFC, now they decided to quarantine each region for SSBB so whichever region decide to hack they will only be killing there region, this is good as I really didn’t like the way MK wii sat on my shelf for two weeks and then the next minute I find out that its already been hacked and trash.

I think this also explains why there is hardly anyone on, on the USA SSBB with anyone mode, the sad part is most of the codes/hacks that where made for SSBB where something similar to the one made for SSBM e.g. health, size, texture, ratio modifier etc which are a wast, skills on a game is something one has to earn, the only interesting hack I found for SSBM was the ARCS (SSBM online hacks) its sad that nothing as big as this come out for SSBB, I’m talking about codes like:

custom stage on wifi (everyone don’t need the C stage, uploads from one wii or something) code

More then 2+ minutes on wifi Basic Brawl. code

Can request friend code on wifi Basic Brawl code

Can change setting on basic brawl. code

Anti hacks codes (a code that disables any attack/defence ratio codes and other bad codes like the PSO Anti FSOD codes did)

And lastly a code that enables the game to connect to other regions for basic brawl wifi.

These are codes that would help SSBB but instead of these we get loser codes.
I think once there was someone who used wifi land master last forever hack and the person was just killing everyone, did they want a medal or something, because all they achieved was all other players turning off there wiis, sad really.

Please don’t tell me these codes are not possible because if two people can play from one wii then anything is possble

There was also someone that disabled my non wifi enabled codes (amazing link code) I got desynced the first time then on the waiting room the codes where working then I did not get desync as my codes was disabled by someone online, so is possible for disable codes.

oh and to end my post, i did find one or two people that used PAL hacks on SSBB PAL so the Wifi game Killing Virus can spread :mad:

Top Bottom