• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Maine Brawl III: Post Poned

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I am moving out of my apartment, so until I find a new one I cannot host this. Only so much crazy chick I can deal with. Gotta get out.

The Maine Brawl III
Please post if you are definitely going. I would like to make a list ahead of time. I don't believe my apartment would comfortably hold more than 25 people.

The order in which the tournaments will be played has been switched so that Melee will not be forgotten. I will run the tournaments in the same order they are run at Lobster.
Also note that the venue fee is not just for food, it is for the hassle of using and prepping my apartment that my girlfriend has graciously allowed me to use again. It takes a lot of work to organize this in my small apartment.

UPDATE:
Is anyone able to bring chairs? if so, DO IT

SETUPS!!!

Toil:
1 brawl setup + tv + homebrew

Jman:
1 brawl setup, 2 tvs + homebrew

My contact information:
Justin.Kangas@hotmail.com
Jkangas@Lewistonpublicschools.org
207-578-2148
please call only the day of the tournament if you have questions/are lost. Otherwise please email.

28 Hersey St Apt #3
Portland, Maine 04103
April 18, 2009
ITS THE BIG RED HOUSE. STREET PARKING BOTH SIDES OF THE STREET.

When in my apartment be respectful. Don't clog my toilet, don't touch my stuff unless it is related to smash and the tournaments, and don't touch the food in the cupboards or fridge/freezer. The food for the tourney will be on the counters. My girlfriend was nice enough to agree to this, don't make me regret it :)

Perks to my apartment:
No set time limit, will be "open" later than the last tourney.
Food + potty right there.
TONS of street parking available

Starts at 11am, tourney's will go until I kick you out.

BRING SETUPS
The more Tv's and Wii's that we have the better. I can hook 1 Wii up to my computer and we can play via my monitor (19"). All of the matches played on that setup will be recorded directly onto my computer. Also, if you plan on bringing a set up try to show up NO LATER than 11:30 so we have time to hook everything up. I am pretty sure I have space for about 6-7 tvs. I already have 2 in my apartment.

ENTRY FEE
In order:
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $5 per person
Melee Singles - $5
Melee Doubles - $5
Venue Fee - $5 (food, drinks, you are using my house)

Prizes are as follows:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3RD: 10%

TOURNAMENT DETAILS:

Tournaments will proceed as follows:
11-12:30 registration
Brawl Doubles 12:30 - finish
Half hour break for sign ups, food and free play
Melee Singles begin
Brawl Singles Begin
Melee Doubles begin if there is interest. If not I am always open to a cheaper second brawl singles tournament.

If for some reason there is a big lack of interest in melee singles or doubles, we can replace them with a second brawl singles tournament with a 5 dollar entry fee.

BRAWL RULES:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure (we will use the same style from lobster, players can also mutually decide on one stage of they do not want to go through the hassle)
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.

Stages/neutral
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium 1
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Halberd
Castle Siege
Norfair

Melee Rules
Since I never went to Melee tourneys, I borrowed Dazwa's :) Pretty much what I assumed they were.

• 4 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen. The chosen stage may not be used during the entire set.
• You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound, Wobbling forever), are banned. Wobbling by itself is allowed, capped at 250%.

Starters
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams (SINGLES ONLY)

Counters
Mute City (SINGLES ONLY)
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle 64
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Corneria
Mushroom Kingdom 2 (TEAMS ONLY)
Termina (TEAMS ONLY)

All other stages are banned.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Worst case scenario I can remake the brackets and create a new tio file when it gets fixed and upload that info.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the prequel to "Cat, its whats for dinner!" was "Don't torture my cats"
Clearly someone had a change of heart.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be prepared for this! I will!

And if anyone gets a free day at some point, I'd love to practice.

Edit: A free day and somewhere near York County or Sanford.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I can talk to Toil sometime, and perhaps you and Toil can meet in Waterboro to play at Toil's house. Or we can play at mine.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Yay people with hot tubs!

Anyway, yeah, I'll definitely see about practicing with Toil.

Edit: The chances of me getting to Portland to Brawl one person are slim. :p Sorry.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
If you came to Portland then I would make sure Toil, and phat were here as well. I also plan on having a small smash fest in a few weeks at my place with Dazwa, NZA, Toil, hopefully you, Box, Darc etc. But ill be sending out more info on that when I set up an official date.

But if Waterboro you would rather go to Waterboro I can get there easy enough and me, you, toil and phat can practice.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
no its basically just people getting together to play smash all day.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Sounds awesome. :o Mind if I bring Anthony? The gay Anthony, I mean. Gaythony.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
My dad said I could host a tournament here in the summer. Which is awesome. :D

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I may change the date of this tournament since the new MAss Madness is going to be on the same day.

Btw Dazwa
gratz on owning MM14

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me idiocy.
Catz for winning man.
How does April 25th sound to everyone? Is that a better date? Or is the 11th better?

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
This tournament is going to be like teh super teh duper like OMGZZZZZ Craaazzzzyyyyyyy WWWWWWOOOOOOOWWWW

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Hey Fatal, I could see if I could stop sucking at this game so much for a while to team if you can't find someone. I don't think that will be the case, but I could try if you can't find anyone.

Top Bottom